hot ride

jch364

Registered
Finally got together with a coworker today. He and his girlfriend, me and some 6 or so other friends went for a ride up around Piqua Ohio today. Some nice roads in the farm areas. Not bad. Not the dragon but not bad i guess. I felt a little out of place though. Not that I was the oldest at 42. I dont mind that cause it makes me feel good to know that I can keep up just fine. But rather The fact that I was the only person geared up from head to toe in leathers. Arai helmet. Gloves, alpinestars mx1 air flow jacket, joe rocket leather pants and sidi boots. Only 2 of the other guys wore jackets. Everyone else was wearing tshirts and jeans with tennis shoes. I know it was hot. 94 today. But I really didnt mind it all that much. Once I got to riding it really wasnt that bad I didnt think. I scolded my friends about it. Honestly I worry about them. 99 percent of the time they do were gear but today was just to hot for them. Or at least they thought it was. They didnt even try to wear any gear first. Oh well. Always wear you gear folks. It will save your life. I know it saved me from serous disfigurement. and I dont need any help in that department...lol....
rant.gif

always wear mine even if its hot dress for the crash not the ride
wink.gif

now, next time get us some pics to
biggrin.gif

Did a ride into Death Valley CA a couple of years ago, full gear...boots, leather pants, leather jacket, gloves...armour everything...helmet of course. It was kinda WARM that day....120 DEGREES
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif
AAAssjani.gif

It was hot, but not that bad as long as we were moving
super.gif

AAAssjani.gif

AAAssjani.gif

94 sounds nice it was in the 90s this morning and i was like wow this shid is nice but i new it was to good to b true and BAM 130 so i sat in a hummvv in the air conditioner while hanging out in the motorpool
beerchug.gif

Yeah, the gear hanging in the closet at home never helps you while your sliding down the road. For me, if it's too hot to suit up, then it's too hot to ride. I'll just take the car. And for me above 90 F starts (unless I'am on a trip going somewhere) to be just no fun at all, and after all that's why I ride ! For Fun  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Aug. 24 2007,09:07) Yeah, the gear hanging in the closet at home never helps you while your sliding down the road. For me, if it's too hot to suit up, then it's too hot to ride. I'll just take the car. And for me above 90 F starts (unless I'am on a trip going somewhere) to be just no fun at all, and after all that's why I ride ! For Fun
beerchug.gif
+1

I took the bike to work today. Temps should hit 100 for a high, but was probably high 80s when I left. Wasn't too uncomfortable with the leathers on. Will wait till it cools off some before going home
wink.gif

(jch364 @ Aug. 23 2007,23:06) Finally got together with a coworker today. He and his girlfriend, me and some 6 or so other friends went for a ride up around Piqua Ohio today. Some nice roads in the farm areas. Not bad. Not the dragon but not bad i guess. I felt a little out of place though. Not that I was the oldest at 42. I dont mind that cause it makes me feel good to know that I can keep up just fine. But rather The fact that I was the only person geared up from head to toe in leathers. Arai helmet. Gloves, alpinestars mx1 air flow jacket, joe rocket leather pants and sidi boots. Only 2 of the other guys wore jackets. Everyone else was wearing tshirts and jeans with tennis shoes. I know it was hot. 94 today. But I really didnt mind it all that much. Once I got to riding it really wasnt that bad I didnt think. I scolded my friends about it. Honestly I worry about them. 99 percent of the time they do were gear but today was just to hot for them. Or at least they thought it was. They didnt even try to wear any gear first. Oh well. Always wear you gear folks. It will save your life. I know it saved me from serous disfigurement. and I dont need any help in that department...lol....
rant.gif
When I run into these people I don't preach, but I do show them the scars on my shoulder and let them know about the rash down my right side because I was wearing a T-Shirt (Thanks for Silvadene!). I also tell them about the broken collar bone, two weeks in the hospital and 2 months out of work.....

If they still choose to ride w/out gear, that's on their conscience not mine...

Back