put an offer on a house

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
I've been looking for a new house since the first of the year but just haven't found the right one. Until today.
tounge.gif
It needs a little work but nothing to major or so it seems. I'm going to have it inspected so I'll know more by this weekend if they take my offer. The house has been for sale for around a year now and has come down from $225,000 to $175,000 and we put in a bid for $160,000. It's Corporate Owned and being sold as is so we are going to push the price. We'll see what happens. It looks like I may have to put about 10,000 into it and should be good to go.
muscle.gif

The house is 2560sq ft with a finished basement and a 3 car garage. Room for the toys
jump9.gif
It sets on 3/4 to 1 ac. and has a 18X36ish in ground pool. Right now the pool looks like a frog pond so it will need a new liner but that's pretty cheap. For about $3500 it'll get a new liner, I'm also going to convert it to a saltwater pool and may even put a heater in it. No red eyes for me and swimming year round.
So wish me luck.

house1.jpg

And that would cost you over 300000, in New Hampshire!

(GIXERHP @ Aug. 23 2007,00:18) And that would cost you over 300000, in New Hampshire!
funny you should say that. I was looking at NH about 3 months ago but deceided to stay down here just for that reason.

(Over_Easy @ Aug. 23 2007,00:39) I'm placing a bid for $200,000 tomorrow.
laugh.gif

tounge.gif
SHOCKED.gif
um I think it's in TX and listed with some really small realtor. It took me for ever to find it and I already forgot how to get there from here.
laugh.gif
good luck finding it.
ices_rofl.gif

laugh.gif

(Rylinkus @ Aug. 23 2007,01:09) Nice looking place. Best of luck on getting it. I need to seriously start house shopping next year.
thanks and good luck with your search when you start

Thanks man. I'm sure Ill need it. I've just been apprehensive about spending so much on anything. It's hard to wrap my mind around being in debt for 30 years.

Good luck! Nice looking house and enough room for a GTG
beerchug.gif

If it's your first offer, they usually counter. Get ready for a price waltz.

One thing to keep in mind, it's being sold "as-is" what are you going to do if the home inspector find needed repairs? They may not want to budge on price because it's 'as-is' and you don't want to get stuck with $5-15k in additional repairs. Just a thought.

When we bought our house, I agreed to the asking price and the home inspector found that there was no support for part of the house
SHOCKED.gif
Had the home owner repair it (About $10k) and kept the price the same.

Keep your eyes open....

Good luck. We just went through a the purchase of another home in March. About the same size as the one you are looking at on .8 Acre. We love it, but still have the old house. We made a deal to sell it last weekend, so it should be gone October 1.

Best Wishes and I hope it works out for you!

Back