I new it was too good to be true

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
My wife called today and she told me that we got a certified letter in the mail from a county here that a Lien had been filed against me.... I called the insurance company and they said that they would not pay anything medical until I signed a settlement and they they would pay for everything. I was told that I should wait two years before settling on anything to make sure that nothing long term is wrong.... Now I'm pissed! The insurance company says that when I settle with them I give up all rights to my case and that I cannot sue them or the driver...

So, I am racking up medical bills and the insurance co doesnt care.... ugggg

I told them that I will not be held hostage to this..... I hate insurance companies....

Cap

Yep, too good to be true...insurance companies stink...haven't dealt with one yet that was straight forward and got everything right the first time around...

How are you feeling Doug? Healing up okay?

That stinks. Insurance companys, Gas companys and Power companys, all getting richer while the adverage folks like us trying to raise a family struggles to get by.
sad.gif
I hope it works out for you Cap.

(BlueHaya @ Aug. 20 2007,16:10) time to get a good lawyer to nip this in the bud.
+1. Don't let them strong arm you into signing off. They are trying to pressure you to settle, get an attorney to get them to back off and pay partial. Good luck!

(BlueHaya @ Aug. 20 2007,13:10) time to get a good lawyer to nip this in the bud.
That is what it sounds like to me a good Lawyer time. Doug as bad as what every thing looked like man I would not settle just yet man I am a year out from my wreck and still have to go to the doc to have him look at stuff (ie Back, neck, & shoulder). So think about getting that lawyer man to help you good legal advice is the key for you man. Hope you are healing Ok.

I feel better, I go to work every day.... I dont look any better still as ugly as ever... I just get frustrated that they refuse to pay for anything, I spoke with the adjuster and I asked her if they planned on not paying the ER bill or the orthopedic bills since those are the ones that have filed, they stated they would not pay anything until the settlement... That is ridiculas in my opinion.... If they arent going to contest it they why do this. I hate attorneys as much as I hate insurance companies...

Doug

Your earlier posts sounded too good to be true. My accident just over two years ago, is still tied up in the legal system. Friends that I talked to all told me between two and three years to wait for a settlement.
For me I was surprised the way the other persons insurance (state farm) treated me. They told me they will pay blue book value only. Will not pay for my helmet or any accessories on the bike. And the kicker ALMOST all my medical. So I went to a lawyer. I gave my lawyer all the records on the bike medical bills etc. Also the title to the bike. A month or so into all this her insurance called and wanted the title! Said that's the way things are done. I told them stop calling me and talk to my lawyer. "Oh we did" he said to turn over the title! At this point I knew what they were full of, and called them a liar. Because if you did speak with my lawyer he would have given you the title, he has it. Last I saw of them!
Sorry to say this but "Good Luck"
rant.gif

Definitely go with the lawyer. Their fine when their working on your side. The more you get, the more they get. Best of luck. And glad to hear your doing better.
beerchug.gif

Went through this crap back in 1990 with my wife's accident.Made settlement with car,didn't get screwed on that.After the car was settle,they thought I was a nice guy and a push over.Then I put an attorney on the case.Never heard from them again.Other than a check.

Cap, you MUST get an attorney. Yeah, I know they are easy to hate but if you get a referral or two to a good attorney in your area, you'll be VERY glad you did. It's not worth it to fight the insurance company alone because if you do, you WILL get screwed. The right attorney will prevent that and that is exactly what they are for.

--Wag--

Yeah, I know they are easy to hate [/Quote] we have a personal injury attny in the family....

Dood - wifey sez that's BS!

If they've admitted that their insured is at fault...and if they have paid for replacing your bike, they have - then they should be under obligation to pay for any medical expenses that you have incurred thus far!

(captain @ Aug. 20 2007,16:06) My wife called today and she told me that we got a certified letter in the mail from a county here that a Lien had been filed against me.... I called the insurance company and they said that they would not pay anything medical until I signed a settlement and they they would pay for everything. I was told that I should wait two years before settling on anything to make sure that nothing long term is wrong.... Now I'm pissed! The insurance company says that when I settle with them I give up all rights to my case and that I cannot sue them or the driver...

So, I am racking up medical bills and the insurance co doesnt care.... ugggg

I told them that I will not be held hostage to this..... I hate insurance companies....

Cap
Hate to say it, but you're gonna need a lawyer and unless you really stay on top of things they'll end up with half your settlement.
sad.gif

(omslaw @ Aug. 20 2007,21:21) Dood - wifey sez that's BS!

If they've admitted that their insured is at fault...and if they have paid for replacing your bike, they have - then they should be under obligation to pay for any medical expenses that you have incurred thus far!
and this is why you need an attorney!!!!! if they wanted to do right and play nice, i would work along with them BUT if they kept jerking my chain, i would get the nastiest lawyer i could find and take them for every penny i could possibly drag out of them...but that's just my $.02

(whitele @ Aug. 20 2007,17:15)
(BlueHaya @ Aug. 20 2007,16:10) time to get a good lawyer to nip this in the bud.
+1. Don't let them strong arm you into signing off. They are trying to pressure you to settle, get an attorney to get them to back off and pay partial. Good luck!
+1000000!!!!!

I wissh I would've done that with my first wreck when the girl pulled out in front of me. I didn't and signed... I now have a permanantly screwed up knee, and about $27,000 less than I've been told I should've gotten. GET A LAWYER CAP!

that really sucks. They know they are at fault just pay the bills and get over it. Good luck

Good attorney will make you more money then you possibly can out of it.

I was rear ended a few years back and tried to settle without one. I realized my mistake when it was not too late and get almost 100K from insurance as settlement and all medical bills paid...

Attorney took 1/3 of the settlement money.

Back