AvSystem Care

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Got a friends computer that has the avsystem pop ups that wont stop. I did the Smitfraud fix (booted in safe mode and then "clean") they are still there.

Anybody else got a fix solution other than a complete wipe of the hard drive.

Ran spybot and I got more popups than before
rock.gif

On the spybot,you have to "immunize" they will stop then,what browser are you using?

they are using AOL

I tried the smitfraud fix a few days ago and the machine ran better but still had the avsystem pop ups, so I ran the spybot and the smitfraud again it's running worse, bogging down and still has the avsystem pop ups but also some new ones...
rock.gif

Avast anti virus is a solid FREE anti-virus program.
http://www.avast.com/
Free month trial. And then you can renew for a year for free by registering online. It's solved several little virus issues for me.

I use AVG Anti virus. Its free for personal use and have never had a virus or a spy ware problem. My company uses the professional edition at work. Click Me

CB

Avast actually removed some viruses that I couldnt figure out how to get rid of any other way. I was quite impressed to be honest.

I'm using PC Tools free A/V.  Works pretty good.

You might want to also install and run Ad-Aware and Spyware Blaster in addition to Spybot.  Spybot is good but it can't do it all by itself.

Also try turning everything off in the windows security center while you are working on it.  Especially if you are running a third-party firewall. I've seen the windows stuff cause weird conflicts while I was cleaning a machine.

Hope that helps, keep us posted.

Hey, I got a friend who has the same problems with some thing called "Ultimate Defender". Keeps popping up saying they have virus's detected and to download it to fix the problem...

I battled smitfraud for months on my ex g/f's pc
Ended up nuking the drive and starting from scratch, seems once it has a foothold yer in deep doo.
Back up your pictures and music and wipe her if avast won't do it (hers got so bad I couldn't download anything )

this is why i have a 120gig external drive and i save NOTHIN on my computer harddrive. the internet isnt like when it first came out now people have to much time on their hands and make things that destroy your computer so any problem i get and can't fix i whip my drive and not so much as start over cause everthing i need is on my external
beerchug.gif

I go to cnet and do a search in the free or shareware section of their virus and internet privacy programs... There is some really good stuff there... Get them to stop using aol and have them switch to firefox or an equivalent.
E,

Back