DC and Virginia vacation

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Last week when my family was swimming and napping at the DC hotel, etc., I took the Metro to a special place and spent a few hours sitting, starring and thinking about the past. Some of you will know exactly what I mean. Raydog (Doyle)

P1000377.jpg

I wonder why my life has been so gifted, what about all our others?

P1000378.jpg

A day later with my daughters @ the WW II memorial.

P1000528.jpg

I understand raydog. I've made that trip a time or two myself. My favorite place for some contemplation is still Arlington. I'm just an era vet, but I still knew some of those guys on the wall.

Good looking girls too by the way.

Glad you liked it Doyle. We are very proud of this area we call home. The DC area is great for everyone.

Look us up next time you are in town.

Tom.

TennBusa, no such thing as "just a vet", wherever we end up after our service, I believe we savor living at a much higher level....combat background or not....and a mutual respect too. What's hard to explain for me is that I mean NO disrespect to those who did not serve and never want to come across that way. We vets have just been to a different place than anything experienced in civilian life! Take care, enjoy that motorcycle and your beautiful state. Raydog

Tom, we will be back (like I said in another post, my wife has some property near Wytheville on the New River) and I'll sure look you up! Take care, Doyle

Glad to hear you had a good trip to DC and VA...
smile.gif

I have yet to go to the Vietnam Wall...it'll be very emotional and I hope to make the trip with my Dad sometime soon...he lost friends while he was over there...just humbling to see the vast list of names
sad.gif

(raydog @ Aug. 19 2007,18:42) Tom, we will be back (like I said in another post, my wife has some property near Wytheville on the New River) and I'll sure look you up!    Take care, Doyle
Wythville Virginny!!! Thats only a couple hours from my house IIRC.

Raydog and all other vets and military members, Thank you all for serving this great country.

Semper Fi raydog! We used to make the pilgrimage to DC ever year when I was stationed at New River. My name is on the wall, it is actually a gentlemen form KC with the same name as me he is buried here at the Rosecrans national cemetery on Point Loma.

Semper Fi Gunny, are you still active or did you retire?

(raydog @ Aug. 20 2007,18:48) Semper Fi Gunny, are you still active or did you retire?
11 more days to go, I've been on terminal for 109 days.

Back