divorce

lot boy

Registered
after 15 years of being with my high school sweetheart im pretty sure it is over. Im a typical story....16 yr old mom had me 9 months after prom.....divorces my dad by 18 remarries an abusive junky.... i run away at 17....blah blah blah..........your average white trash story really.....but i can honestly say this hurts more than all the above by a land slide. I dated this woman for 10 years before i got married just so i would know i wouldnt get divorced.........well here i am. I dont have any kids ....mostly because im not bringing some one in this world unless im 100% sure that i can afford it AND have both parrents in the house.....im glad i listend to my instincts .
So now i guess im moving to phoenix to live with my 1/2 brother until i can get on my feet again. I got to say im not real big on the heat but it sure beats sleeping under a bridge. If anyone knows anything about a job in phoenix let me know......i have mostly done industrial work aside from working in a honda/suzuki stealership as a lot boy /service writter/ setup guy.
Anywho i just had to get this shid off my chest...now i feel better....you all have a good one as i prolly wont be be loggin in much till i get things under controll.

sad.gif
I hope things work out for you.

Well you did way more right than you did wrong. It wasn't a whirlwind quickie romance. You took your time. You were SMART on the kids thoughts.

People change. Sometimes those changes are insurmountable to live with. If you fel like you have put your heart into it and it isn't paying you back, then don't worry about knowing that.

You will get past this and be way happier starting clean. I look 10 years younger tha I am, no kids, (part of why I have aged better), love my lifestyle, but the divorce sucked and you feel miserable for awhile. Got married young, that was the first mistake.

You will be fine in time. Trust me, living in a bad thing is way worse than being single.

Why Phoenix? Just because you got family?

I looked up on my companies job postings and there's a tech 1 and a cylinder filling position listed as open an an electronics manufacturing plant there. pm me for more info. good luck

"Cheese" damaged goods, I'd say so good thing you're leaving her.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist, given the subject title!

Hang tough, man. It'll all work out in the end if you maintain.

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

(TallTom @ Aug. 18 2007,14:34) Why Phoenix?  Just because you got family?
she has financially ruined me....my account is gone ...my own fault, i let her take care of the bills. If it was up to me i would be sitting on milk crates with 10 bikes in the garage.....BUT.....i would still have them if i were doin the bills. Leason learned........
As far as family goes i have a 1/2 brother in phoenix and my mother lives in a 1 horse town with zero chance of finding work.......i have no choice really. Im thankful for my brother to say the least.

Going through divorce twice- no kids(other than a great stepson that considers me his dad) I have to say that living alone is way better--
you (as the old addage goes) will be much stronger after this: Just try not to become too hardened; another trueheart may come along, and you dont want to discount it because of amplified relationship defenses. Good luck!!

i been there once before as you are now. it is not a good feeling BUT you will make it though this . i understand how you feel. it will get better for you..

Good luck and I hope you land on your feet and running when you get to Phoenix!

Sorry for your troubles....I've been there and it aint easy.

If you own your home sell it and split the profit. If you have furniture....sell it and split the profit. You should not leave empty handed. I hope it works out for ya. It takes time but it will get better.

i'm going through one right now as we speak. wife told me on 8/1 she don't love me anymore and wants a divorce.
eek2.gif
life goes on. this too shall pass. prayers go out to you my brother. i cancelled my teaching tonight. ironic- it was on "how to have a happy marraige". i am the national president of Holy Riders Motorcycle Ministries. we have services on sat nights for bikers and those who don't feel comfortable in a traditional church setting. i guess God is telling me to be quiet for now?

Sorry for your heartache.

The industry (Manufactured Housing) I am in has a few locations out there. I am not part of any of them, but it is decent money. Look up J-Mark (distributor), Partick(distributor), Palm Harbor(manufacturer), Cavco(manufacturer), Schult (Manufacturer).

Good luck in Phoenix. I loved it for the month I was out there for work. It was July 1995. I got my first experience with a Fat Tuesday bar there, the best thing for the heat. I stayed in a Tempe La Quinta for a month.

keep ya head up....and dont be afraid to follow the money...we all get sucked into staying someplace due to "the comfort factor" and becomeing less than what we can achieve

Back