Idiot Sightings

Flyasbusa1

Flyasbusa1
Donating Member
Registered
IDIOT SIGHTING: Hubby and I had to have the garage door repaired. The Sears repairman told us that one of our problems was that we did not have a "large" enough motor on the opener. I thought for a minute, and said that we had the largest o ne Sears made at that time, a 1/2 horsepower. He shook his head and said, "Lady, you need a 1/4 horsepower." I responded that 1/2 was larger than 1/4. He said, "NO, it's not. Four is larger than two." We haven't used Sears repair since.
_
IDIOT SIGHTING: The stoplight on the corner buzzes when its safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged coworker of mine. She asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing dri ving?!" She was a probation officer in Wichita , KS
IDIOT SIGHTING: At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear coworker: She was leaving the company due to "downsizing." Our manager commented cheerfully, "This is fun. We should do this more often." Not another word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare.
This
was a bunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING: I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself, and for the sake of her own life, couldn't understand why her system would not turn on. A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriffs office no less.
_
IDIOT SIGHTING: When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried t he door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "Its open!" His reply, "I know - I already got that side." This was at the Ford dealership in Canton , Mississippi !

STAY ALERT!
They walk among us, they REPRODUCE and they VOTE!!

The last one is the best.
all_coholic.gif

o.m.g.
wow.gif

Some of the things people say and do never seem to amaze me.......

My true life adventures in this:

An old girlfriend of mine was working for days, feverishly, OCR scanning family files to put into a computer. The program was not perfect and required a manual double check to correct all the spelling errors it produced while converting the printed text to computer text. After one 8 hour saturday of this, I thought she needed a break, so I took her out to a nice restrant. The waiter handed us the menus, and almost instantly she blurted out, "Me Nu? What's a Me Nu?
rock.gif
" I kid you not. Then we both died laughing.

I went into MacDonalds years back and behind the counter was a small, typical American red-headed, freckle faced kid whom I think would have looked perfect in a propellored beany cap.
"Can I help you?" he says.
"Yes, I'd like a cheeseburger with just ketchup and mustard on it..."
His eyes got really wide, mouth dropped open a little while he looked up at me with an astonished look on his face, and asked,
"NO MEAT?
rock.gif
?"
I laughed inside a bit and said, "No, I need meat, cheese, ketchup, mustard and a bun"

rock.gif

Buddy of mine was in a Shucks parts shop looking for a particular size of nut. The "customer service agent" approached, just trying to be helpful. My friend told him what he needed, and this guy came back in a few minutes with a gas cap.
wow.gif

A co-worker of mine went home for dinner the other night and his wife had prepared chicken casserole. He said he took a couple of bites and he told her it was horrible and thought something went bad and he asked her where she got the the chicken and she replied out of a can "chicken of the sea". i thought we were going to die of laughing when we heard that.

my mom accidently made rubarb pie once....and instead of sugar...used salt.....

when we were kids...around 13 or so, we use to make fun of one of our friends all the time after his kid brother told us how he caught his older brother using their mother's femine spray as deoderant.

a few laters when we were old enough to drive, i saw the same friend across the street working under the hood on his 70's ford pickup in the yard. i decided to walk over and see what he was doing and i kid you not, he had drained the oil and was refilling it via the dipstick tube....it took him 20 mins to get 1 quart of oil in the engine.....i lmao for a while on that one.

(psycobusa @ Aug. 19 2007,03:37) when we were kids...around 13 or so, we use to make fun of one of our friends all the time after his kid brother told us how he caught his older brother using their mother's femine spray as deoderant.

a few laters when we were old enough to drive, i saw the same friend across the street working under the hood on his 70's ford pickup in the yard. i decided to walk over and see what he was doing and i kid you not, he had drained the oil and was refilling it via the dipstick tube....it took him 20 mins to get 1 quart of oil in the engine.....i lmao for a while on that one.
Back in the early '90s the company I work for hired a new apprentice. He was so happy to get the job he went right out and bought a Mercury Capri. Real nice car, turbo charged convertible and only a year old. He was really proud of it.

Two weeks later he drives into the parking lot with it blowing smoke out the tail pipe. He gets out and complains that he's having a hard time shifting the transmission and it won't go into some gears. This all started happening after he floored it to get some boost and got continually worse as he continued to drive on to work. Most people with more than 1/2 a brain lobe would have pulled over and investigated but not him!

I'm trying to figure out the link between a manual trans and engine. He then tells me he did change the transmission fluid last night. I ask where he refilled it and he points to the engine oil fill cap!
The engine now had more Ford ATF than oil and the trans was dry.

Transmission and turbo charger were destroyed and warranty would not cover it for him. The final repair bill was almost the same amount he paid for the car. Eventually he was let go for acts of stupidity on the job.

Last week, a co-worker (young kid, only 24), goes down on his 1993 FJ1100. Bangs his knee and ankle up pretty good.
Another co-worked during lunch is picking on him that he has crashed every single bike, car and truck that's he's ever owned. 12 accidents in all.
His comment:
"Yea...I know....I seem to crash alot, but I haven't died yet"........................
rock.gif
laugh.gif

He's wicked sharp.

TRUE STORY,
Wife called me at work just YESTERDAY she says the carbon monoxide detector is beeping about once a minute.I said it's probably just the batteries going bad.She starts reading me the manual and it says if the alarm goes off to move to fresh air immediately.She says i took it down put it outside on the porch and it's still doing it. I said i think it means if the alarm is going off YOU are supposed to move to fresh air.
all_coholic.gif

Back