Video Gaming

dwnhllthng

Registered
I know what most of you are thinking, what in the world is this guy wanting to know about video games for. And others are probably thinking "get MotoGP"....but let me explain, I have had a lot of spare time recently and need somethign to fill that time, started playing some PC video games and loving them, but looking for a first person shooter that works with Windows Vista...any ideas? Not sure if any of you riders are into these things but its my new time taker.

I enjoy all of the call of duty games for the PC if you like the WWII first person shooters you will deff love these. You can probably pick up the first couple very cheap from a best buy or what not since they have been around for a bit. The online gaming for this series is sweet also. For a more sci-fi type of FPS try F.E.A.R and Half-Life 1 or 2 very good games. Im sure theres more that are good that are out there but I really enjoyed these.

I am not an avid gamer either --- but i thought halo rocked!!!
medal of honor series is pretty good too

Half life 2, awesome FPS.

I am really liking Stalker as well.

http://www.stalker-game.com

I am game more than I ride so yeah man, I am with ya...
SHOCKED.gif

i'm into games, not into spending money, so I download mostly demos. There's enough to keep me happy for a long time.
most probably play on vista ok. might need to use the COMPATIBILITY WIZARD

First Person Shooters you can try before you buy, or they are totally free:
just do a google to find the demo or game

WARROCK free
FEAR COMBAT free
Armed Assault: Combat Operations - HUGE demo
Americas Army - full free game
Unreal Tournement, UT 2003, UT 2004 demos
GRAW 2 demo
Quake 4 demo
World of Padman
Tremulous
Battlefield 1942, BF1942 SW, BF2142 demos
Code Red
Call of Juarez
Delta Force Black Hawk Down, Delta Force Extreme
Enemy Territory
Far Cry demo is cool
Halo demo
Medal of Honor demo
Men of Valor
Raven Shield
Renegade Paintball
Soldier of Fortune 2
Tribes full game
Terminator 3
Tron
Warpath
jDoom

No one has mentioned Counter-strike:source, AMAZING GAME!!! If you want hours and hours, and Hours, and hours, and hours, and days of fun where the environment is ever changing. Try out World of Warcraft, it is a monthly subscription game that is awesome!! I have 20 days PLAYING time on my character, and still have not covered or gone to half the areas of the game it is nuts!

CS:S is a mod of Half life 2, do not play half life 2 single player until you have done half life 1, amazing story line, and hella fun

But multiplayer, Go all out

Wait... You live in VA (H-burg, right?) and you have free time to play video games? Come on dude... It's Virginia... there's ALOT of stuff to do, like... like... Twiddle your thumbs... work... hang out with friends... twiddle your thumbs... go to the kick azz mall thats like... 1 story tall with nothing, I mean, SO much in it... Yeah... VA rocks...
laugh.gif

(yamahor @ Aug. 12 2007,23:04) Wait... You live in VA (H-burg, right?) and you have free time to play video games? Come on dude... It's Virginia... there's ALOT of stuff to do, like... like... Twiddle your thumbs... work... hang out with friends... twiddle your thumbs... go to the kick azz mall thats like... 1 story tall with nothing, I mean, SO much in it... Yeah... VA rocks...
laugh.gif
Ben, you need a life!

Go find a Job! LOL

(GIXERHP @ Aug. 13 2007,02:06)
(yamahor @ Aug. 12 2007,23:04) Wait... You live in VA (H-burg, right?) and you have free time to play video games? Come on dude... It's Virginia... there's ALOT of stuff to do, like... like... Twiddle your thumbs... work... hang out with friends... twiddle your thumbs... go to the kick azz mall thats like... 1 story tall with nothing, I mean, SO much in it... Yeah... VA rocks...
laugh.gif
Ben, you need a life!

Go find a Job! LOL
I got a job, JON!
biggrin.gif
As stated before though... this is VA... It's a crappy state.
tounge.gif

Rainbox Six VEGAS, Multiplayer the hours will fly by. Excellent graphics and a great shooter game.

Loomis (Jon.)

(yamahor @ Aug. 13 2007,02:11)
laugh.gif
Ben, you need a life!

Go find a Job! LOL
I got a job, JON!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
What is wrong with VA? I can think of a lot of places to go ride. Why would you want to go to a mall when you have a Busa............

(H00pscoach @ Aug. 13 2007,14:48)
(yamahor @ Aug. 13 2007,02:11)
laugh.gif
Ben, you need a life!

Go find a Job! LOL
I got a job, JON!
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
What is wrong with VA?  I can think of a lot of places to go ride.  Why would you want to go to a mall when you have a Busa............
Well... Let me refraise that... Things for ME to do in VA since I don't have a busa anymore...

meh.... FEAR is only good if you like great scalable graphics, awesome lighting, great control, fun multiplayer, detailed environments and action like this
FEAR.png

Hey Yamahor (Ben) you live here locally? I was a bit confused there for a sec when he said Ben cause thats my name too....LOL I say you just buy a busa and then I'll take up some freetime, no one around here locally thats on teh forum other then a guy from waynesboro, but havent heard much out of him since his bike went to teh carolina's for some work or something.

Hey WWJD is Fear somewhat like Halo....I kno prolly not to that scale of popularity but I mean as far as gameplaythrough as well as just an option to system link multiplayer shooter. Make sense? cause thats what I want to find, a game that not only I can play throgh a scenerio but also just get online or link and shoot people down, LOL.

Fear Combat version is free, kinda feels like halo though nothing like it plot wise, and I think Combat ONLY plays VS others online, or local LAN. Most of the demo games in my big list up above play online multiplayer. freakin blast that is. always worth the download. do you like High Speed like UT, medium speed like Halo, or plodding speed like America's Army or Battlefield 1942?
I'll tel you which are the most busy online if interested.

If you prefer those mega-multiplayer MORPHS or whatever they are called, go here
http://gpotato.com/
and get really really good, FREE full games. There's space flying, island searching, and even a Golf game. The downloads near a gig each, but worth if you are into those types...... kinda like Everqwest style games

Back