A helluva lotta music!

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Took the day off today. Spent most of it so far downloading stuff for my iPod. I was surprised by the variety available from iTunes, actually. Last time I looked at it about a year ago, they didn't have any of the stuff *I* was looking for at the time. Today, I only had one failure to locate.

Anyhoo, I found a bunch of stuff I wasn't expecting.

New bands I hadn't heard of before:

The Newlydeads. Got their title CD, "The Newlydeads."
Rosetta Stone. Got two of their CD's, "The Tyrrany of Inaction, Revised Edition 1.1," and, "Unerotica." Right up my alley!
Switched. I got their CD called, "Ghosts in the Machine." Very well done music.

Those three bands are right up my alley.

The Pussycat Dolls. White chick band that sounds very black chick. Three of their songs were reasonably easy to listen to, even though I'm not much into pop.

Also got The Lords of Acids' CD, "Greatest T*ts." Funny shid there!

Some collections I found:

"A Night at the Booty Bar." Very funny. Along the lines of Lords of Acid as above.

A couple of NiN CD's I didn't have including a couple of NiN and Marilyn Manson tribute CD's. Grabbed a few movie soundtracks, especially was hunting for Danny Elfman music. Saw a CD of his I hadn't heard of called, "Serenada Schizophrena," which is orchestral in nature and outstanding music to say the least. Nothing but the best for me!

Grabbed the John Williams CD Soundtrack from Episode IV of Star Wars and a couple of Ennio Morricone Collections. Also, a George Gershwin CD of his piano performances. What a genius he was.

Hit a couple of Chingon Songs. One was, "Malagena Salerosa," as we heard in, "Kill Bill 2." Played the sample tracks on a couple of other songs of theirs and grabbed them too.

Downloaded a few other miscellaneous individual songs by Eminem, Berlin, Limp Bizkit, Maroon 5 (very good), Rob Zombie and Vnv Nation (also very good).

All total, 374 songs. Most were albums so no, I didn't pay 99 cents each for 374 songs!
biggrin.gif

I noticed I love covered songs. Berlin has a great cover of Manson's, "Dope Show." All of the covers of NiN songs are really well done as are the Manson cover tunes.

Noticed some stuff about iTunes. Very easy to leapfrog from one CD to another if you see a cover collection. Easy to find new music by bands you've never heard of. Easy to spend a crapload of money if you don't restrain yourself! I only did all this because I had a leftover gift Visa card from my last job. But without leaving your own office, you can break your dayum bank just on iTunes. I can see how it could be a major addiction, too!

Had a good time with this. Probably won't happen again any time soon!

--Wag--

(Wag @ Aug. 10 2007,16:05) Also got The Lords of Acids' CD, "Greatest T*ts." Funny shid there!

Some collections I found:

"A Night at the Booty Bar." Very funny. Along the lines of Lords of Acid as above.

A couple of NiN CD's I didn't have including a couple of NiN and Marilyn Manson tribute CD's.

Hit a couple of Chingon Songs. One was, "Malagena Salerosa," as we heard in, "Kill Bill 2." Played the sample tracks on a couple of other songs of theirs and grabbed them too.

Downloaded a few other miscellaneous individual songs by Eminem, Berlin, Limp Bizkit, Maroon 5 (very good), Rob Zombie and Vnv Nation (also very good).

All total, 374 songs. Most were albums so no, I didn't pay 99 cents each for 374 songs!
biggrin.gif

I noticed I love covered songs. Berlin has a great cover of Manson's, "Dope Show." All of the covers of NiN songs are really well done as are the Manson cover tunes.

--Wag--
Politically correct version of my thoughts:

Wag- you have VERY eclectic tastes.

Non-PC translation: you are one SICK puppy!!
laugh.gif

Marilyn Manson?!?
rock.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

Ahhh, diversity is what makes the world so interesting...
beerchug.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

I've heard a lot of music which makes Manson look like he's spouting Mother Goose nursery rhymes! I don't care for it, actually.

If by "eclectic" you mean varying, that is absolutely true! I'm a classically trained, concert-level pianist so my real love is for Beethoven, Chopin, Rachmaninoff, etc. etc. When I'm riding twisties, I listen to Bach. When I'm on the freeway or some road going in a straight line, I listen to, well, the above lists, etc. et al.

biggrin.gif

Cheers!

--Wag--

Wagster, is there a way a NON-SUBSCRIBER can BROWSE what is available on iTunes? There's a few songs I want and can't find, but I don't want to pay iTunes if they don't have what I am looking for

(WWJD @ Aug. 10 2007,21:30) Wagster, is there a way a NON-SUBSCRIBER can BROWSE what is available on iTunes? There's a few songs I want and can't find, but I don't want to pay iTunes if they don't have what I am looking for
You only pay if you buy something... As I remember all you have to do is set up an account with a credit card... they charge nothing unless you buy and then it is 99 cents a song or whatever the cd costs if you chose that...

well, i downloaded and installed that crappy, large software, ran it and was able to browse. as I suspected, iTunes didn't have that one obscure late 70's love song I was after. and now my PC has that crappy bloatware on it. oh well, thanks for the inspiration anyway. guess I'll have to buy the CD for $80 on ebay
sad.gif

(Wag @ Aug. 10 2007,18:10) If by "eclectic" you mean varying, that is absolutely true! I'm a classically trained, concert-level pianist so my real love is for Beethoven, Chopin, Rachmaninoff, etc. etc.
biggrin.gif

Cheers!

--Wag--
I'm impressed!
beerchug.gif

Ever play any Scriabin? I remember listening to some really nice work of his when I was taking music and band in high school.

Was it Franz Liszt who wrote a piece with a 64th note run with a 64th note REST in the middle?!?
SHOCKED.gif

And wasn't he the same bastard who could reach an 11th interval, and wrote piano music that you had to be able to reach the same to play it??
guns.gif
Arrogant, THAT'S the word I'm looking for...
laugh.gif

(05BusaLe @ Aug. 10 2007,17:28) So what song is it that you couldn't find?
Actually, it was an OLD LP album called, "Stormy Weekend" by the Mystic Moods Orchestra. There is some other "Stormy Weekend" CD on iTunes but that's the wrong one.

--Wag--

Never played Scriabin and haven't heard of Tony McAlpine. What kind of music does TM play? Jazz? Jazz piano was best played by Art Tatum. Mmmmmmmmmm. Could listen to that all day!

The arrogant, wide-handed pianist you're thinking of might be Rachmaninoff. He had a wider reach than most and yes, to play his stuff, you have to have large hands. I'm barely able to reach without cheating. However, Liszt was no slouch and I'm thinking he was the one with the long fast runs in much of his music. Very difficult to play Liszt well enough to entertain and very few people out there will tackle it without a LOT of time available to work it up!

--Wag--

Back