my dog ate my sons abuterol

to hell with poison control..... call the damn vet!!!!!!!

Overdose/Toxicity
May see abnormal heart rhythms and rates, high blood pressure, high body temperature, vomiting, excitement, dilated pupils, or low blood potassium levels.
Click here for a more printer-friendly version of this article.

Click here to email this article to a friend.

Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children and pets.

If you think your pet has been poisoned...

Contact your veterinarian or one of the Animal Poison Hotlines (listed below) if you think your pet may have accidentally received or been given an overdose of the medication.

**ASPCA National Animal Poison Control Center

1-900-443-0000 ($55.00 per case. The charge is billed directly to caller's phone.)

1-888-4ANI-HELP (1-888-426-4435. $55.00 per case, billed to caller's credit card only.)

Follow-up calls can be made for no additional charge by dialing 888-299-2973.

There is no charge when the call involves a product covered by the Animal Product Safety Service.

**Animal Poison Hotline – a joint service provided by North Shore Animal League America (NSAL) and PROSAR International Animal Poison Center (IAPC).

1-888-232-8870 ($35.00 per incident. The charge is billed to caller's credit card only.) Staffed 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.

Keep us posted.

albuterol inhaler, I would expect very little to happen.... Pills or suspension and it would depend on the concentration of the meds....

Call your Vet! ASAP.
Remember that pills, drugs or poison works on a pound per dose basis. The bigger the dog the less problem it may be. look what happened with the pet food recall, cats and very small dogs died, but I never saw any large dogs get sick, and I did follow it closely.

Good luck

i'm sure the dog will be fine... and it wont have a cough for a while either...

Back