Is the CHARGER

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
[EDIT: OOPS! I meant CHARGER]

Okay, this is sure to offend Charger owners, but is the Charger the new muscle car wannabe? I'm sure they are fast and nice and all, but let me explain.

The Chargers are popping up all over the place now. Last sunday, on my way to and from church, I noticed 3 separate instances of different Chargers driving.... um.... "Sport recklessly". Is that the correct term? You know, doing 50 in 35 zone, weaving tween traffic.... one speed up and cut me off with about 1.5 car length to get in front of me, while that gap was closing. What the heck? I thought "Okay fine, he needed to get over 2 lanes to the on ramp," but, no, he jsut needed to get in front of me I guess.

So, 3 instances of blatant "pull me over and ticket me NOW" driving with in a couple hours, all 3 totally different Chargers. They drove with an ego. You know us cyclists are self trained to watch out for that, so I am not blowing this out of proportion.

Whats the deal? I mean it's a fine car and I am sure it IS fast and handles great..... but, my Civic is fast too if I CHOOSE to drive it faster than traffic and drive like an a$$

Challenger or Charger?

Lots of Chargers out there. The LEO's around these parts are starting to use them. The Feds / DEA have a bunch of unmarked ones...

The Challenger doesn't launch until Feb 2008.

Linky

I know some A-holes here drive some Charger's... They're cops.
laugh.gif
JK Officers, Just Kidding... It has become a popular police cruiser though.

yes, Charger, my bad. ima car idiot. So, anyone else notice this trend?

Local LEO's have 'em now...nice looking cars and I'm sure they're fun to drive...

I like the look of the new Charger cop cars. There is a black one in a small town near me with tinted windows, led lights, and cop stickers....looks cool.

..........as long as it is front of me
all_coholic.gif

.....oh and I cant wait ot see the new cop Camaros when they get those beasts.
super.gif

I too like the looks of the cop chargers. The car design blatantly says "BAD" with it's forward aggressive stance. wondering what that does to the driver?

(WWJD @ Aug. 09 2007,11:44) I too like the looks of the cop chargers.  The car design blatantly says "BAD" with it's forward aggressive stance.  wondering what that does to the driver?
It's like any other toy with a motor...gotta see what she'll do and have some fun, right?
poke.gif
smile.gif

I have a Top Banana Daytona and yes....I admit....sometimes I drive like an ass. I don't cut people off though.

(racerV @ Aug. 10 2007,09:01) I have a Top Banana Daytona and yes....I admit....sometimes I drive like an ass.  I don't cut people off though.
That pic is of my GoManGo! Daytona # 3485 and was taken by H&R Springs when they used it to R&D their coil over suspension system they built for the Chargers. The car does inspire you to be a little frisky with the throttle and you definitely have to resist the urge to bomb through traffic. I also have a 100hp N20 system in it as well.
smile.gif

They are one of the better looking sports cars out right now. Wish they had a 2 door version. Pretty much the same as a 300 chrysler. They are nice. Looks sweet. The new challenger looks sweet but needs a wider stance. The new camero looks awesome but the interior is typical chevy...........

I've driven many new chargers at work. The hemi has some power but not much for handling, especially when they put those dam 19 and 20 inch rims on them. Now the new GTO is a great handling ride with plenty of power.
bowdown.gif

I have an 06 Charger R/T model. I installed a class 2 hitch just so I can trailer my Gixxer to the track!
muscle.gif

Is it the new Mustang? No. But it's definitely has a character all its own. What sucks is that it's starting to get a little saturated around here with Chargers. Especially with the inexpensive 3 liter V6 models. WTF!! If you buy a 4000+lb heavy vehicle, at least get the 5.7L V8 Hemi to lug the thing around. I'm actually curious what the 6.1L SRT-8 model has to offer. All I know is that it's 100+ more HP and torque.

gsxr1k6 broke 13 seconds in his K6 GTO tonight.Ran in the 12.90's.Stock LS2 with the OEM tires.
super.gif

He had a couple more runs to make,wonder if he beat that
rock.gif

Back