What concerts were like back in the day

tinmann840

Registered
I first saw them in Lakeland , FL and my life was forever changed.

Last edited by a moderator:
No kidding! Concerts aren't what they used to be! I always recall the Van Halen concerts I went to in the early 80's. Can only stomach to go to a few concerts nowadays.

Concerts are still great when the stage is filled with musicians and not turntables!

" I HATE RAPP !!!!!!!!!!!! "

Hip Hop SUCKS !!!!!

Other than that I can deal with all kinds of Music. I don't care what my Grand Kids Say. I am Not Narrow Minded
SHOCKED.gif

I saw RUSH and The Police this year, and both shows were excellent.. No lame opening acts, no fluff, just old school concerts.

But you are right- most of today's shows are nothing like an old school concert once was.. they are fading like drive ins.

BF

Best to see newer bands in small forums - once they get big, it's just not the same.... but I'm old so what do I know.

you old farts [like me] remember THE MIDNIGHT SPECIAL Tv concerts? They are out on DVD. Thinking of picking up a few. Great old fun!

Yes, if you can see them at the Electric Factory in Philly it's a definite plus- LCB and I were talking about that yesterday.

BF

(Over_Easy @ Aug. 05 2007,21:29) No kidding! Concerts aren't what they used to be! I always recall the Van Halen concerts I went to in the early 80's. Can only stomach to go to a few concerts nowadays.
This is no bull . I was driving a taxi back in 1990 or so and was sitting at the downtown Hyatt hotel one evening and the bellman whistles me over . 3 people get in. 2 guys and a girl . The bellman say take real good care of them they are going to Selina's restaurant . No big deal Selina's is only like 2.5 miles away . I look back and sitting right there in the middle is Valarie Bertinelli . I swing around and there beside her is Eddie Van Halen and his brother Alex . I freak of course , got autographs and told them the ride was free . Then I gave them my card and asked them to ask for me on their ride back then pulled across the street , parked and waited for 2 hours for them to go back to their hotel . They actually did call and ask for me and the dispatcher ask how long before i got back cause Eddie Van Halen was on the phone and waiting for me at Selina's restaurant . He's freaking too . I tell him , "Tell em I'm outside " Eddie looks out side like he doesn't believe it and all off them are kind of tripping . Man that was fast they say . Now the dispatcher's voice went out over open air so every taxi in town knows that Eddie Van Halen is at Selina's and as we are leaving taxi's were flying in there like it was Cannonball Rally . We get back to the hotel and I still won't take any money from them but Valarie drops a Grant on my seat and they all get out . Eddie tells me you have got to be the coolest cab driver I've ever met . Man I use to have a blast driving a taxi .

That's awesome! I love cool taxi stories... The HBO Taxicab Confessions is a great show. Heck, I watch Cash Cab too....

I am so disappointed in those guys right now I don't even know where to start.. they were supposed to tour this year w/DLR, and pulled the plug- they made Sammy and Michael accept the Hall of Fame induction, then they kick Michael out to let Eddie's son become their bassist.. oh and Eddie goes into rehab the day OF the Hall of Fame induction- also, if it weren't for Michael, Gary Cherone wouldn't even have been mentioned as carrying the "band" the last leg of their career (saw them 3x that year, 1998).

Eddie really needs to get his shid together. He's let ALOT of people down.

BF

Back