I stole two vans the other day.

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, was driving down to pick up a guy that works for me. We were talking about him needing a work vehicle and I wished I had something other than my Escalade to hall stuff in. I am tearing up my Esclade hauling doors, wood and other items and have been looking for a trailer that would work for this and something I could haul the Busa in to the bash and meets. I looked over at the light and their was a dealership with all new vans and work trucks only. Way in the back was two used vans. Decided to check them out. Both had $600 in the window. One was a '96 Ford Econoline 3/4 ton. and the other was an '85 Ford conversion. Both had no rust on them and very little wear on the outside. The bumper on the '96 had a little surface rust and bumper in back was bent down an inch. Looked inside and they both were in good shape inside and under hood looked pretty clean. '96 has 4.9 liter v6, and conversion had 302. Drove them both and conversion drove perfect. Neither had been drivin for a while but both fired up, no engine noise and no smoke. I asked them the price assuming the 600 dollars was the down payment. He said "no that is price". The '96 had weak brakes, broken windshield, and cut out a little at low rpms. I made a big deal about that and said what is your bottom dollar on both. He explained a guy traded both for a new van and they gave him $3,000 for both (which they were worth that). I felt like giving him a stupid number and told him I would take them both for $600 dollars. He sold them both for $650. I figured I could take them to a junk yard and get more than that for them so I handed him a check and told him I would pick them up saturday. I drove all day in the '96 and the guy that is working for me took the conversion and is working off the $$ on a job this week. The thing does decent on gas. The brakes were strong enought to stop quick but were spongy. I figured it needed brakes, bled, and fluid. I filled the reservoir with fluid and they built pressure. Bled front and were good to go. Charging AC today and putting new plugs in and should have one heck of a work van for basically nothing. I will upload some pics, you guys will not believe how clean this thing is. I have never got a deal this good. I have some work to do to it. Got it home and discovered some small issues, but even if I drop $500 bucks in it, I still feel like it was a steal. I rented a uhaul around the time of the bash and hauled stuff then took my bike to BusaWhipped's house and it almost cost me twice what I have in this van so far.

Nice steal on the vans. The 4.9 inline 6 is one heck of a strong engine. If you ever need help fixing em give me a call, I do alot of quality side work.

I never run into deals like that... Very cool! They usually try to convince you a sack of steaming sh9t
is worth more then the cost of the sack.

Stlbusarider: pm sent

Jessup: Me too. I hate stealerships. This guy was surprisingly honest. He told me everything he knew was wrong with them and said he hated selling used stuff and made plenty on the new van so did not care about what he got out of the used ones. I did not expect to leave there with two vans for only $650 though.

Nice find
beerchug.gif

I did that a while ago- I bought a lil red express truck for 50.00, hooked up jumper cables and drove it away. Nice finding little deals the odd time.

Back