MotoGP has some tough warriors

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
Talk about a tough bastard- wrecked, got back on the bike to qualify 10th, and finished THIRD with a broken ankle!
SHOCKED.gif

Didn't show up on xray, got back to Europe and did CT scan and MRI (gee, guess it was still stinging a little?) and found out it was broken. Guess not just a prettyboy... (posed nude for some magazine ad last year)
laugh.gif

Sorry Michelle, don't know which one- besides, he's an Italian not a Spartan...
smileyexhibit.gif

Melandri__Medium_.jpg

Not to diminsh his achievement but he was drugged to kill the pain. The rumor mill says narcotics were used which, apparently, are legal by MotoGP/FIM standards.

Hard to believe he had a BROKEN ankle and it didn't show on the X-Ray. Probably a crack ! Not taking anything away, but to me a broken ankle is where the bone is BROKEN and any X-Ray can show that !  Or we've got some sorry Doc's here  
beerchug.gif

I guess fracture would cover it. Never had one, guess it's still painful?

P.S.- Couldn't be much narcotics to race GP and finish third?

(cosmo @ Aug. 02 2007,08:45) Not to diminsh his achievement but he was drugged to kill the pain. The rumor mill says narcotics were used which, apparently, are legal by MotoGP/FIM standards.
Its common, all riders in pain use pain killing drugs before races.

I have no problem with it because its prescribed by a doctor.

I'd rather see them get out and race than sit-it out like a wuss
tounge.gif
and lose VITAL championship points.

Hayden raced Valencia last year with a broken collarbone. And finished 3rd, as well as claim the 06 GP title.

Yup, when you're world-class rider, you better be racing. That's why they've got factory rides.

Back