custody battle

MOKE89

Registered
A couple head to court for a divorce.It was pretty messy (a child involved).The mother says to the judge " I should have parental rights .I'm the one who carried the kid and brought him into the world".The judge says "calm down mam,Sir lets hear your side of the story" The dad thinks for a minute and says" Judge,I put a dollar in a vending machine the other day and got a Pepsi-is the Pepsi mine or the machines. Dont laugh he won!
biggrin.gif

Nothing pisses me off more than the automatic assumption that a woman is always a better parent.

Good post.

I got 3 baby mamas and i can honestly say they are all good parents,I have NO custody agreements but can and do see my kids whenever i want.i dont believe in haveing a piece of paper telling me when i can and cant see my kids,unless ofcourse your baby mama is some spiteful ***** that would use the kids as ammo against you,in that case she needs to just dissapear
guns.gif

I was raised by my Dad since I was one year old. My mom had other interests other than me. Lucky for me, my Dad cared, and I think raised me better than any woman ever could have.

He used to joke that when I was a kid and scraped my knee or had some other minor injury, he would give me the mommy talk first (you know baby me), then after a minute or two of feel sorry for myself, then he kicks in Dad mode..........."alright, suck it up, its only a scratch, quit your boo-hooin". He understood a child needs both parents for a reason. He also made sure I had plenty of female contact (aunts, grandma, etc). I never saw him romantic with any woman, he had them around, just no over-nights or making out. Growing up, it seemed like it was just me and dad, I never felt his attention was diverted somewhere else. Even though I found out later, he used to use me to get dates for him!

I now have a relationship with my mother, not a normal one, but because of my dad, I at least have one. The things that my mom did, my dad could have taken me away completely, but he didn't. Instead, he made sure she could see me, monitored at first, but as I got older, I spent longer periods with her, until it progressed into every other weekend like normal divored coulples. Dad never lied to me, he always told me the truth, even if it hurt. Knowing the truth as I got in my early teenage years, I found it easier to have a relationship with my mom without hating her, and I thank my dad for that

Dad raised me to be responsible, respectful, and a contributing member of society. Not a burden on the system. I am living proof that a man can raise a child correctly. Don't let societies standards apply to everyone, all a child needs after birth is love and guidance, this can be provided by man or woman.

(DEVLDOG @ Aug. 02 2007,05:29) I got 3 baby mamas and i can honestly say they are all good parents,I have NO custody agreements but can and do see my kids whenever i want.i dont believe in haveing a piece of paper telling me when i can and cant see my kids,unless ofcourse your baby mama is some spiteful ***** that would use the kids as ammo against you,in that case she needs to just dissapear  
guns.gif
Dayum! You're a regular Sean Kemp!

"normal divored coulples"

I'm not too sure what to think of that phrase . . . .

--Wag--

(nhrabikefan @ Aug. 02 2007,06:16) I was raised by my Dad since I was one year old. My mom had other interests other than me. Lucky for me, my Dad cared, and I think raised me better than any woman ever could have.

He used to joke that when I was a kid and scraped my knee or had some other minor injury, he would give me the mommy talk first (you know baby me), then after a minute or two of feel sorry for myself, then he kicks in Dad mode..........."alright, suck it up, its only a scratch, quit your boo-hooin". He understood a child needs both parents for a reason. He also made sure I had plenty of female contact (aunts, grandma, etc). I never saw him romantic with any woman, he had them around, just no over-nights or making out. Growing up, it seemed like it was just me and dad, I never felt his attention was diverted somewhere else. Even though I found out later, he used to use me to get dates for him!

I now have a relationship with my mother, not a normal one, but because of my dad, I at least have one. The things that my mom did, my dad could have taken me away completely, but he didn't. Instead, he made sure she could see me, monitored at first, but as I got older, I spent longer periods with her, until it progressed into every other weekend like normal divored coulples. Dad never lied to me, he always told me the truth, even if it hurt. Knowing the truth as I got in my early teenage years, I found it easier to have a relationship with my mom without hating her, and I thank my dad for that

Dad raised me to be responsible, respectful, and a contributing member of society. Not a burden on the system. I am living proof that a man can raise a child correctly. Don't let societies standards apply to everyone, all a child needs after birth is love and guidance, this can be provided by man or woman.
I'm a single father myself. I'm very happy that you shared your story of yourself and your dad. It is refreshing to hear that dad's can be good parents. You wouldn't believe how many times I have to listen to the stereotypes that people label me with. Your father sounds like a great and honorable man. Good to you for the love and respect you give him.
beerchug.gif

I'm a single dad too. Raised my kids on my own. It isn't easy, but its very rewarding! My daughter is a senior at Brenau University in Gainesville GA, and my 14 year old is a freshman in high school. Both turned out to be great kids, I'll use nhrabikefan's discription.....responsible and respectful! Traits not seen in many adults, much less their kids.

My son left this morning for his last day of JROTC camp, today he wore his uniform for the first time, he looked so grown up, he just makes me so proud!

Back