Toseland rides MotoGP next year

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
J. Toseland signs with Tech 3 yamaha
rock.gif
Not a fast team to sign for, but its rumored that they're dumping dunlop for bridgestone next year.

That means Yamaha has Rossi, Lorenzo and Toseland next year.

No word on Edwards or Capirossi yet....

Tech 3 Yamaha would like to announce that it has secured the services of James Toseland for the 2008 season. The British rider will begin his MotoGP career with the Yamaha factory supported organisation next year. [/Quote]

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2007/Aug/070801a.htm

Given the oppotunity, Toseland can be really good. Good enough to be competative at the Moto GP level, I don't know. He is a good guy and I'm glad he is getting the opportunity.

Unfortunately with that team, his career will slide. Your only as good as your last race and even greater your last season. Being a back runner in the Competative World he's in could be a career ending move if he doesn't do something outstanding. And if he stays 3 or 4 year with back runners, well, then going back down is a LONG Fall. As in; James "WHO"   
beerchug.gif

It'll be interesting to see how he progresses with Tech 3. Not the strongest team in the GP paddock.

But...remember Chris Vermuelen came from WSBK and I'd say he's doing remarkable in GP racing with Suzuki. He's podiumed quite a few times in the last 2 years and as won twice?

It is possible for superbike racers to do well with GP racing.

Colin Edwards.

I've read some reports that he would love to come to the US and try his hand with AMA Superbike. Ironically, the only other series he hasn't really won in.

Yeah whats up with Edwards? Poll sitter then last then fastest lap then nuthin / ...
rock.gif
Boy needs some consistancy.
argue.gif

Back