sad day for some of us yesterday

smonroe86

Donating Member
Registered
yesterday was like any regular day nothing special going on everything was going good on gate gaurd and we were waiting for one of our interpreters to show up for work well he did sometime that morning well our older interpreter headed on home and somewhere down the line he was walking down the street in baghdad for some reason well he stepped on some kind of pressure plate and it blew up. it pushed his leg up meaning his leg pushed up in him and broke in 3 different spots and blow off his thumb.
well we had got a call that he was coming to us because the local hospital refused him treatment so they brought him to the military to take care of him... doc said he is losing his leg. the interpreter was a real nice guy we are all going to miss him and our other interpreters are so depress over the situation.... wow i tell you its hard when you work with these guys and they brake their back for you to get things done..... this is a pic of me and the interpreter just a couple of days ago.

gate_gaurd_029__Small_.jpg

That's horrible news
sad.gif
Just so sad, but he's still alive, so that's better than the alternative...

My best to someone you obviously respect greatly. I hope he fairs best he can given the circumstances
sad.gif

sad.gif

Stay Safe, wish more people here could clearly understand what is and is not going on there. And what it really means to us here. Not just the political sound bites we hear  
beerchug.gif

What a sad situation. I am glad he is alive though.

Tell him your Busa buddies back home are praying for him.

Tom.

cool.gif

I'm so sorry.. give him my best, tell him thank you for his efforts in helping us there.
Here's to a speedy recovery
super.gif

So sorry to hear
sad.gif
Hoping for a speedy recovery! Stay safe and Thank You for your Service! It's truly appreciated!
bowdown.gif

(DaCol. @ Jul. 27 2007,08:01) Stay Safe, wish more people here could clearly understand what is and is not going on there. And what it really means to us here. Not just the political sound bites we hear  
beerchug.gif
you know what i agree 100% and i said the same thing to before i came over here and guess what when you get here you hear about it all. my brigade is a supporting alot of units and my unit is supporting EVERYBODY...and we have only made the news a few times but its aggervating for us because the death toll goes up and the news paper we get here it tells you who recently got killed and he was us for a long time. we have loss so many but here we are all of our infantry and support is the one clearing al-fags out.
the best one we made the news for is and you wont believe but we surrounded 3 neightborhoods where we new the people incharged were hiding at with alaska barriers and had only one way in and out and guess what our infantry cleared out the hole area and got them all. it was insane but it was operation dragon hammer.....

It's very sad when the good people of Iraq are badly injured or killed while they are just trying to better their home and life.
   keep up the good work smonroe86,we're proud of ya man

Sorry to hear about this....a sad incident.  Are prayers are with him, you and all of you folks.  Thanks for serving brother....and stay safe!  We're proud of you guys  
bowdown.gif

(smonroe86 @ Jul. 27 2007,06:23)
(DaCol. @ Jul. 27 2007,08:01) Stay Safe, wish more people here could clearly understand what is and is not going on there. And what it really means to us here. Not just the political sound bites we hear  
beerchug.gif
you know what i agree 100% and i said the same thing to before i came over here and guess what when you get here you hear about it all.   my brigade is a supporting alot of units and my unit is supporting EVERYBODY...and we have only made the news a few times but its aggervating for us because the death toll goes up and the news paper we get here it tells you who recently got killed and he was us for a long time.  we have loss so many but here we are all of our infantry and support is the one clearing al-fags out.  
the best one we made the news for is and you wont believe but we surrounded 3 neightborhoods where we new the people incharged were hiding at with alaska barriers and had only one way in and out and guess what our infantry cleared out the hole area and got them all.  it was insane but it was operation dragon hammer.....
WELL DONE  
super.gif

That is very bad news...there are only so many Iraqis willing to take action in assisting.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Thanks for standing on the front lines!
beerchug.gif

well we had got a call that he was coming to us because the local hospital refused him treatment[/Quote]

Would you mind elaborating on this please?

Back