US Armed Forces

Dubs

Registered
I am a 30something white male who has lived in Australia all my life.

I have never joined any armed forces locally nor is it real prevalant or in the public eye here.

My point is that i must commend the comments that i read everywhere, specially here, about your continued support for your enlisted people.

This seems to not really waiver no matter what the political view but is just pure support for the individual who makes the commitment and sacrifice for their country, family and so on.

Whilst we in Australia celebrate our past military achievements it is rare that our current or recent serving people get any credit in the general public let alone in the media.

So, it brings a smile to my face living all the way over here and knowing we have people like yourselves who actually celebrate the enlisted men and women serving your country.

my 2c

Dubs

thank you for that
bowdown.gif

Thanks for your comments ! And yes we support our Military (well most do) no matter what. In our perspective the Military is "A" Political. Meaning it has NO Political Opinions, nor on active duty can any member openly and publicly express their Political Opinions. They are, so to speak, out of the Political Picture. But, they are expected to Follow the Directions of our Elected Governing Authorities whether or not they agree without delay ! And yes, we respect and are grateful for All Our Military and their Families  
super.gif

(DaCol. @ Jul. 26 2007,09:25) our perspective the Military is "A" Political. Meaning it has NO Political Opinions, nor on active duty can any member openly and publicly express their Political Opinions. They are, so to speak, out of the Political Picture.
That's a good way to put it.  The troops in harms way are just doing their jobs - they had no say whatsoever in which wars they fight or where they get deployed - they are just following orders.

I also think this country learned a lesson from Vietnam - that even if you are against the war you should not blame the troops.

That said I can't imagine what it must be like over there now - some on their third and fourth extended tours with no plan whatsoever to get them out.  I spent 9 months in Desert Storm and was getting ready to go crazy - and what these guys are having to endure makes that war look like more of a skirmish.  
bowdown.gif
to all the troops still over there in that hot sh1thole called the middle east.

For many Americans, we have family members that were in the military or are serving now.  I didn't serve, but my grandfather was in WWII in the Navy, my parents were both Air Force and my father served in Vietnam, my uncles were Marines in Vietnam and I have cousins that are in the Army and in Iraq as I type, not to mention the vast numbers of military members we have on this site, many of which I consider friends...

It hasn't always been like it is now; my father was spit on as he got off the plane upon his return from Vietnam, and that was during the days of the draft when service members didn't really have a say in their destiny as they do now (to some extent)...there's some dissent toward our military today and oftentimes the anger is aimed at the service members over the political powers that put them in the position they're in, but it's not like it was during Vietnam, at least I'm not hearing that it is...it seems support for those serving our Country are respected, no matter what your political stance is... 

It's hard to NOT appreciate what so many have done, especially when so many of us were/are affected by it...

It's sad that it's not that way in Australia  
sad.gif
 Doesn't make any sense to me...how do your military members feel about that? Do you know? It's got to affect morale
sad.gif

sad.gif

(DaCol. @ Jul. 26 2007,07:25) But, they are expected to Follow the Directions of our Elected Governing Authorities whether or not they agree...
It is how we can call a "never-having-served-in-the-military-man (potentially woman)"

COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

Most times, lately, it is a genuine oxymoron.

Thank you...

I have served with Australian forces before, we have an air base there...you guys know how to drink, good people. Although we appreciate others who support us, we also appreciate the support of our Allies...so thank your own troops for us also.

It's real simple brother. If you don't stand behind our troops, stand in front of them!! I can't thank our servicemen and women, past and current, enough for the freedoms that I and my son enjoy today. It is with great sacrifice that I stand and celebrate my freedom.
super.gif

Ooh rah........

Thanks for the up lifting comment on the Org's solidarity for the men and women of the USA.

Thanks to the Aussies for continuing to fly the F-111!

Glad to see that awesome plane is still in service.

John (ex F-111 avionics tech)

I have been to many of your bases and can say you have a fine force right where you are. Next time you see one thank them!

Gunny is short for Gunnery Sergeant USMC

Growing up on San Diego surrounded by Marines and Sailors and having a Marine for a father and a Sailor for a Grandfather, I have found it impossible to not respect the men and women in uniform. They do a hard job in an evil world and should be saluted and acknowledged for the honorable way they handle it. I make it a point to thank any active or vet I meet for their sacrifice.

I'm gettin all goose-bummpley. Dang, and my nipples are erect.

Thanks for your kind words! I to have had the plesure of serving with the Royal Air Force in Townsville Austraila. Great bunch of guys there! The town, i remember was used to having NAVY personell there. When we arrived, they just assumed we were NAVY. When we told them that we were U.S. Air Force they kind of freaked out and thought that was pretty cool. We were the first active Air Force unit to go there and work with the RAF. Great memories from that trip!
beerchug.gif

My wife served 6 years in the military and is still in the reserves (she just switched from the guard).

I agree that all people have their own opinions as they should, meaning you can support the war or not, that is your opinion. BUT YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT THE TROOPS.

We are free because of people that have thrived, fought, lived and died for the US.  And I love them all and thank them from the bottom of my heart.

(macbusa @ Jul. 26 2007,12:06) Thanks to the Aussies for continuing to fly the F-111!

Glad to see that awesome plane is still in service.

John (ex F-111 avionics tech)
ah the Aardvark...or Whispering Death, first fast-mover I flew on, only one able to release a bomb at supersonic...

This seems to not really waiver no matter what the political view but [/Quote]
This "view" is purely illusion created by a disconnected and self serving media. IMHO the vast majority of Americans support the troops and the war. If there is any genuine discord amongst the general population it is due to the conduct of the politicians attempting to "manage" a war rather than allowing our forces to strike a decisive blow and deliver a victory that would end the conflict and bring them home.

As for OZ, I've had the misfortune of spending 3 weeks in Alice Springs (I guess that tells you what I use to do as a "civilian") in the summer season. The coolest day was 119F

AAAssjani.gif
During our orientation we were told that if it moved, it was probably poisonous. The folks were sure pleasant and very good hosts.

i support that this soldier me myself and i go home
i can hear my busa call my name from thousands of miles away
i would support the bullets in my weapon but because it was engineered
just right it supports its self.
i support the trigger on my weapon
i support the USAF to bring me to kuwait and the american pilot from kuwait to america
wow.gif

ahahah i am so bad BUT MOST I support my air conditioner for working because it is 137 degrees out right now and it is 40 degrees in my room ahahahahah
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif