Trans Am concept car

Fate

Donating Member
Registered
With the new Camero coming out in 08 and the GTO being the "Pontiac" muscle car, I am sure this would never happen. I woould not doubt that we see Pontiac being a past memory all together in the near future. But I grew up a Trans Am freak and owned 4 of them. My first car was a Trans Am. Anyway, saw this pic on a Pontiac website.

hppp_0607_2009_trans_am_concept_z.jpg

Thats all the T/A was anyway a Camaro with different badges..

A GM is a GM..
all_coholic.gif

Dare to be different.. Mopar
super.gif
Thats right MOPOWER!!
laugh.gif

(DR1300R @ Jul. 25 2007,16:16) Thats all the T/A was anyway a Camaro different badges..

A GM is a GM..
all_coholic.gif

Dare to be different.. Mopar
super.gif
Might agree in 82 on up to a point. Camero's body style was pretty much the same, but Pontiac changed the Trans-am a little each year. In the 60-70's they were not the same. Trans-am was always just a little faster too each year. I like all cars but you have to admit, ford kind of gave up in the 70's until late 80's when it came to muscle and mopar followed suite in the 80's. Love those 60's Mopars though.

(MORBIDBUSA @ Jul. 25 2007,16:27) way cooler than the gto that doesnt look like a gto
Gto is a Sufire on steroids. If it looked decent I would be down for a Gto

(Fate @ Jul. 25 2007,14:29)
(MORBIDBUSA @ Jul. 25 2007,16:27) way cooler than the gto that doesnt look like a gto
If a GTO is a sunfire on steroids You are Nuts. Have you ever been in a GTO? or seen A stock GTO run? Much less a mildly modded one? THe 6.0 is a frikkin Beast My 05 is very mildly modded cold air, cam, computer reprogram and a few other small details it dyno's almost 450HP. That's 40 more horses than the new z06. How can you even compare that to a Sunfire? Dude check out Youtube...

Gto is a big heavy car.Over 4k Lbs. with fuel and driver.gsxr1k6 has a 06 with the LS2.Been dyno tuned.It is powerful and does handle good.But it is still a heavy car.

I was always a camaro guy of old.My first car was a 69.But that TA package does look sweet on that concept.

Mike I get into all cars as well, I was just stirring things up a little..
Total all around car and Bike enthusiast..
Although I prefer to buy a or drive Mopars..
beerchug.gif

It reminds me of a Mustang only beefier with a Caddy CTS front end.

I do like it though
biggrin.gif

(DR1300R @ Jul. 25 2007,16:59) Mike I get into all cars as well, I was just stirring things up a little..
beerchug.gif
I know, just giving you crap, if you look below you will see that I own a jap bike, chevy/Cadiliac, and Mopar.....

(Tchill2much @ Jul. 25 2007,16:40)
(Fate @ Jul. 25 2007,14
super.gif
)
If a GTO is a sunfire on steroids You are Nuts. Have you ever been in a GTO? or seen A stock GTO run? Much less a mildly modded one? THe 6.0 is a frikkin Beast My 05 is very mildly modded cold air, cam, computer reprogram and a few other small details it dyno's almost 450HP. That's 40 more horses than the new z06. How can you even compare that to a Sunfire? Dude check out Youtube...
I am not at all putting the power of a GTO down. I just wish they had made the car a little more muscle looking. But that is my opinion.

(DR1300R @ Jul. 25 2007,16:59) Mike I get into all cars as well, I was just stirring things up a little..
beerchug.gif
Hey Doyle, I keep hearing this voice

"It's just a Neon", "It's just a Neon","It's just a Neon","It's just a Neon","It's just a Neon"

(Fate @ Jul. 25 2007,14:29)
take it back!!! if anything it is a grand prix on steroids. no i love my goat but it is a very heavy car. looks leave a little to be desired but the 6 liter makes up for it. i have seen stock cars run in the very high 12's with nothing but drag radials. plus the irs sucks big time and the new camaros and firebird/gto what ever they badge it willl be the same way.

Yeah, Camaro's are good...

... to eat!!

Killed many of them late 80's to mid-90's!!

Sad thing was they had about 50 more cubes under the hood, and less hp!!
laugh.gif

Gotta admit, they did finally get their shid together with the Corvette motor about 2005 or so...
smile.gif

Stang.JPG

Back