Skip Trace

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, need a little help from my brothers and sisters on the Org. This is for a young lady I met while on assignment here in South Carolina. Not what your thinking… Will call her Amy and her daughter Chloe; both mother and daughter use to have a really close relationship with the father. After a few months the father split town and hasn’t been seen or heard from since. Fast forward 12 or so months and still no sign of Mr. Wonderful. Amy has exhausted her resources to try and locate him once even contacting his parents who are still locales. Neither is willing to divulge the location or contact info in regards to his whereabouts. A legal proceeding has been initiated and all that really needs to take place is a hearing. Now here’s the problem, Amy would like to give this gentleman one more chance to be with his child. She doesn’t know where he’s currently at only a speculation based on hearsay. I wondered if there was anyway to locate this individual based on the info she provided. I have the father’s full name, DOB, last known address, and where he attended H.S. and where Amy thinks he maybe. Does anyone have a suggestion or know of a contact she could make to track him down. I really think that his age may have contributed to his early flight from responsibility. He has never contested the fact that he is Chloe’s father. Who can help me out…….?

there are ways to trace his SSN for work stuff online. Its not free but plenty of ways to locate him if he's using his real name/ssn for work. Just an idea....

(zukracer @ Jul. 25 2007,12:24) there are ways to trace his SSN for work stuff online.  Its not free but plenty of ways to locate him if he's using his real name/ssn for work.  Just an idea....
Thats the one piece of info she doesn't have.... Besides not knowing where he's at. As far as paying for the service she's not a really wealthy single parent. In fact she's working three jobs right now just to stay a float.

There is no trace from ATM withdrawals, credit card purchases?

How about IP logs if he's checked email?

Not sure how or if that can be done... But if it'll bring him back to his daughter I'm all ears!

If she wants to find him she really needs to have his SSN. there is a variety of free services online just gotta know where to find them. Being in my line of work I can bring some light to this situation if he's working legally or has any citations anything I can pretty much track down anyone.

PM sent.

Aren't parental SSNs on the birth certificate?  Or was he not involved with that at all?

(VaBusa @ Jul. 25 2007,13:21) Aren't parental SSNs on the birth certificate?  Or was he not involved with that at all?
yeah, what she said

She has to have a way to get his SSN somehow I'd think.

the services btw I think start at like $20 and go up from there. Have alook around www.whitepages.com they have links for all kinds of things and reverse tracking of phone #s, etc.

Uhhhhh,its very easy to find him IF he's working or made ATM transactions,etc....Really all she needs is his full name and DOB,then a "friend" in certain public services willing to help her.

If I were in the US,I bet I could put my finger on him in about an hour.

Why would the mother want a loser that has abandoned his child around? Let the loser go and have all his parental rights removed.

Just FYI if she uses some online service...ran across this looking around...

Warning about Online People Finders

I spent 5 years looking for a long lost friend years ago...even with the Internet, I had a very tough time and I knew pretty much what she knows. I ended up finding info on his parents and just finally sent them a letter, then when they replied, I had all of his info...it's tough to locate someone, even with the technology unless you pay someone to help you out or you have inside help like NJ mentioned...I know his parents aren't helping, so is there anyone else close to him that would help her locate him?

Sorry just getting back to this... Lots of good ideas and suggestions. Looks like I need to send some PMs out.

(VaBusa @ Jul. 25 2007,13:30) Just FYI if she uses some online service...ran across this looking around...

Warning about Online People Finders

I spent 5 years looking for a long lost friend years ago...even with the Internet, I had a very tough time and I knew pretty much what she knows.  I ended up finding info on his parents and just finally sent them a letter, then when they replied, I had all of his info...it's tough to locate someone, even with the technology unless you pay someone to help you out or you have inside help like NJ mentioned...I know his parents aren't helping, so is there anyone else close to him that would help her locate him?
None that I'm aware of...

(Revvv @ Jul. 25 2007,13:30) Why would the mother want a loser that has abandoned his child around? Let the loser go and have all his parental rights removed.
Not sure why, but I commend her for trying...

I question your motivation for doing this, plus, why is it your business?

These kind of things have a tendency to backfire on the do-gooder. He may have a good reason for doing what he did, that you aren't aware of.

hmm... well I can tell ya that Sonny is doing it because he's a great guy.  There's no hidden agenda with him.  If this friend of his wants/needs help for some reason, I have no doubt that Sonny is just doing what he can to be a good friend.  

If the dad ran away from this lady for what in his mind was a good reason, so be it, the fact is he disappeared. However, just disappearing and running away from your child is pretty much unacceptible... period.  What if this child is ill and they need to find the father to see if he's a compatible marrow donor?  It could just be that, as he's not using her real names, Sonny doesnt want to air this person's laundry.  

If your post was meant to simply warn him of the possible back fire situations, thats nice but your wording is fugged up in my opinion.

If the dad ran away from this lady for what in his mind was a good reason, so be it, the fact is he disappeared. However, just disappearing and running away from your child is pretty much unacceptible... period. What if this child is ill and they need to find the father to see if he's a compatible marrow donor? It could just be that, as he's not using her real names, Sonny doesnt want to air this person's laundry.
[/Quote]

The marrow donor thing is a reasonable reason to find him, if that is the case then say so and I'm sure one of the popo on the site could make an effort. If she is trying to forcehim to be a parent, then that is a mistake.

I agree, you cant force someone to be a parent. The fact is we don't know why she wants to find him. The other fact is that you cannot run away from responsibility. If he doesnt want to be a part of his child's life, they need to make that legal and binding so that it doesnt come back to haunt anyone. There's a lot we don't know about this situation, so speculation is just that.

My response was more to illustrate that there are valid reason to search for a shidass that ran out on his child and to defend Sonny, as the previous post was kinda fugged for calling his integrity into question.

Thanks Brian, your absolutely correct... No hurt feelings here for pondering the situation. Lets just say I have some personal experience with this life experience that lead me to lend a hand. As far as LEO help goes not required (former LEO myself) and the individual in question is hiding out! I believe with the number of responses I currently have I'm in good hands. Thanks for everyones help and prayers........

Back