Conversation with Bank of America

Darrgo

Donating Member
Registered
A conversation between a Customer and Bank of America

Bank: This is the Bank of America, can I help you?

Customer: Yes, I want to cancel my account. I don't want to do business with you any longer.

Bank: Why?

Customer: You're giving credit to illegal immigrants and I don't think it's right. I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Bank: Well, Mr. Customer, we don't want to see you do that, but we can't stop you. I'll help you close the account. What is your account number?

Customer: (gives account number)

Ban k: For security purposes and for your protection,can you please give me the last four digits of your social security number?

Customer: No.

Bank: Mr. Customer, I need to verify your information, but in order to help you, I'll need verification of who you are.

Customer: Why should I give you my social security number? The reason I'm closing my account is that your bank is issuing credit cards to illegal immigrants who don't have social security numbers. You are target ing that audience and want their business. Let's say I'm an illegal immigrant and you've given me a credit card. I have a question about it and call for assistance. You wouldn't be asking me for a Social Security number, would you?

Bank: No sir, I wouldn't.

Customer: Why not?

Bank: Because you would have pressed '2' to speak in Spanish. We don't ask for that information when calling in on the Spanish line.
Snopes

WOW
all_coholic.gif

I actually closed my accounts with them a while back because they Ticked me off so bad.  On the credit cards they show odd charges and even when you pay in full, you get a statement the next month for $1.20 or so in interest.  They apply balances when they process them not when you pay them.  I also pulled my loan for my truck from them because I finally caught on to the same things happening.   It is a small amount but if they screw enough people, they make billions.  

I HATE THAT COMPANY

I should get one of those cards, I need to buy some parts. Hell with paying them back it wont go against my credit since they dont have a SSN#
SHOCKED.gif
Free money
bowdown.gif

IRONIC, I just posted the below a few minutes ago on another thread:

It's just a way for buinesses to increase their profits by catering to non-English speaking individuals.

Bank of "America" recently came out with a marketing campaign geared towards illegal immigrants - although B of A would never admit that.  They offer a program for those here to send money back to Mexico w/out any fees.  

Why? Because of the "Velocity or Flow of Money Concept."  B of A does not expect to get large amounts of savings from individual illegals, but as a whole those smaller amount of savings will add-up quick (there are millions of illegal Mexicans in this country).  Then B of A goes to the Fed. Reserve w/ this money and gets a $10 to $1 loan at about 2% interest then takes that money and loans it out to the U.S. consumer for home loans @ 6-8%, car loans @ 6-9%, CC @ 14-24%, etc. and make a killing.

Financial Instituions aren't stupid.  I'm a financial advisor and it's amazing how many people are not using their wealth to the best of their abilities because they simply do not know.  The average working person w/ a career, home and family does not have the time to keep up with all the financial options and changes year to year.  It's hard enough to do as a full time job.

I went in to Bank America for a $6K loan about 7 yrs ago. I was a long time customer of them and figured my bank would be the best place to get a loan.............wrong.   While waiting in there little waiting area i noticed a small Hispanic family(Dad, Mom, 2 kids). They didn't speak a lick of english, were trying for a $50K loan and had a POS Hyundai for collateral.  Since the door where they were at was right behind me, i heard the whole thing.  They were in the country for less than a year, and had no SS numbers, just some photo licensing from their country of origin.  The guy was gonna buy a new F350 at the landscaping job he just started working for.
Not only did they give them the loan at an unheard of low intrest rate, they were approved for up to $80K.  WTF?

Then i went in.  Asked for my loan, had decent credit, had a steady job of 3yrs, i had a permanent residence and made enough to cover the loan.   The bike i wanted equaled almost the full value of the loan.

I was denied.   They said i was a high risk.  WTF?
I got mad, i was anything but a high risk. Though i didn't close my account then, i should of.

(GMbusa @ Jul. 25 2007,11:28) I went in to Bank America for a $6K loan about 7 yrs ago. I was a long time customer of them and figured my bank would be the best place to get a loan.............wrong.   While waiting in there little waiting area i noticed a small Hispanic family(Dad, Mom, 2 kids). They didn't speak a lick of english, were trying for a $50K loan and had a POS Hyundai for collateral.  Since the door where they were at was right behind me, i heard the whole thing.  They were in the country for less than a year, and had no SS numbers, just some photo licensing from their country of origin.  The guy was gonna buy a new F350 at the landscaping job he just started working for.
Not only did they give them the loan at an unheard of low intrest rate, they were approved for up to $80K.  WTF?

Then i went in.  Asked for my loan, had decent credit, had a steady job of 3yrs, i had a permanent residence and made enough to cover the loan.   The bike i wanted equaled almost the full value of the loan.

I was denied.   They said i was a high risk.  WTF?
I got mad, i was anything but a high risk.  Though i didn't close my account then, i should of.
That's because they know that a Hispanic landscaper will go out and work twice as hard at a miserable landscaping job and you just want another toy.
laugh.gif
(j/k)

Seriously though, Hyundai has come along way.  Their new slogan is, "It's not your father's Hyundai (omit Oldsmobile) anymore."
laugh.gif

Okay, but seriously seriously, it refers back to what I stated earlier.  If they can get $10,000 from this guy over the next year they could possibly turn that money into $150,000-200,000 over the next year.

laugh.gif

fug BOA ... I'm moving my stuff to my USAA acct... for a totally different reason but the same bull shid level of customer service

This Thread isn't TRUE !!!  WHY
wink.gif
, because I use to call all the time and NEVER got a person on the phone  
crazy.gif
. All I ever heard was, " PRESS *** FOR **** OR *** OR *** OR *** . Thank you for calling Bank of America, then the phone went DEAD  
mad.gif

The NEW and IMPROVED Service in AMERICA
rant.gif

so... banks are now making money off criminals.... isn't THAT a crime somehow?

good ol' justice system. THANKS LAWYERS! [no offense to the honest and good lawyers here on this board]
smile.gif

headupyourass.jpg

I closed my BOA accounts a few months ago. It was ironic (and sad) that all of the smiling employees in my local branch obviously did not have English as their first language but they all still denied that BOA was doing anything wrong.

In reality I'd say that many other banks are doing the same things as BOA to "not miss out" on additional customers, but BOA is by far the largest offender.
SHOCKED.gif
guns.gif

Back