Anyone have a fitness success story?

Projekt

Registered
Since I am working in the desert and therefore lack my Busa, I don't have much else to look forward to besides hitting the weights five days a week.
So, I have been lifting on a fairly disciplined routine for the past six or seven weeks. This was started without a specific goal in mind besides improving my fitness/appearance and general mood/well-being. I have improved my lower back symptoms and my body composition is definitely getting better.
I benched 280 for one rep the other night. Now I want to break 300 and beyond which should be very soon. A six pack is something that I have never had but would like to shoot for since I have only ever had maybe a two pack.
I invite you to share any success stories you may have in regard to physical fitness.
Anyone ever run a marathon, exposed their six-pack, lost a significant amount of weight or reached any other fitness goal?

I've got a couple personal failure stories for you, but I don't think that would serve the inspirational purpose
smile.gif

(Projekt @ Jul. 18 2007,10:flamethrowing:) I thought the first reply would've been something like "I've mastered the twelve ounce curl".
Naw...I went straight to 16oz's...why bother with that light weight shid
laugh.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 18 2007,13:35)
(Projekt @ Jul. 18 2007,10
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) I thought the first reply would've been something like "I've mastered the twelve ounce curl".
Naw...I went straight to 16oz's...why bother with that light weight shid
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Preach brother.

laugh.gif

Keep it Bro Trust me you will break that 300 mark. When I was on cruise in the Navy which was a 8 monther well that is all I did was lift weights to I was benching almost 400Lbs by the time the cruise ended and after we got back in to port I kept working out and finally broke that 400 mark. So like I said Bro keep pumping the Iron and it will come. After that I quit working out due to a shoulder injury and became a fat boy

Well I broke the 400lbs mark after 9 months of heavy lifting...that was when I was 21..since then I have slowed down SIGNIFICANTLY in lifiting and moved on to more cardiovascular fitness (much more important) and I think I could barely bench 250 now. I'm saying this becuase I found that even if you can benchpress 400 lbs you may not be able to run from the Police after your bike hits the ground
wow.gif

Haha!! Good reason to do cardio.
My thing is even though I have a higher percentage of bodyfat at this time, I don't want to lose weight. I am around 260lbs and 6'4" so I'd like to just be very solid with low bodyfat.

The problem you may encounter is with your diet. Keep the protein high and the carbs to a minimum, meaning at 30-40%. With your height and weight you should at least be taking in 300 grams of protein. It may be hard to do this since the dining facility, MRE's, have very limited choices and are calorie ridden to help the soldiers maintain their energy.

If you have a local px/shopette they may have some protein powder, which you can supplement in between your meals. It may be hard to do, because of duties and what not. I was in Bosnia for a year and I managed to maintain my strength and mass while I was there.

Good luck and keep up the good work that you are doing.

I lost 75 lbs in 10 months.
I was 247lbs at 5'10". I joined Golds, did nothing but the recumbant
bike for 25 minutes every day for 4 weeks, totally changed my diet
to low carb, whole wheat pasta and bread, cut down my portions significantly, then I started doing low weight, high reps (25lb curls for 30)
Pilates Ball pikes, ab bridges and medicine ball twists after my bike routine 4 times a week.
I went from a 40 waist to a 32.
I definately feel 100% better. awake and alive.

Yeah, I'll tell you.... The DFAC food is quite dense and difficult to control since they always seem to have fried stuff on the menu and after a few weeks it all looks like the same thing over and over. I am not much of a salad eater either so I guess that hurts as well.
Can't complain though since I am not in the military and came to work over here for the money.
I'll just press on with my current routine and make gains since I was pretty weak when I started. These several weeks have led me to return to and surpass all time high strength levels. Plus, the more lean mass I build the more my metabolism will burn.

How old are you? If you're near or over 30 good luck with the six pack.A few years ago i hit the weight room alot and looked and felt a ton better.We had our kid and the time just isn't there anymore.I keep saying i gonna start again but saying it don't help.Somehow my former six pack is now more like a two liter!!

10 years ago I went from 315 to 235, but most importantly, went from 28% to 10% bodyfat. It was probably 25% gym 75% food choices. I don't like to use diet because people associate it with something like Adkins or something else just as rediculous.

I've been eaitng the same way for 10 years. The only difference would be when my training level changes.

As for big lifts, I used to incline bench 365 for 8/10 reps, I squatted 635 for 5 reps. I never tried a one rep max. Just never saw the point.

Ran the Atlanta 1/2 marathon a few Thanksgivings back. Won't do that again. It was so cold that I didn't even realize I had pounded my right instep so much that I had a huge hematoma spread over half my foot!

Up until 2 years ago, I was very active in adventure races. Since I moved here to Columbus, GA I haven't found any dedicated team mates to train with. Hopefully in a year I am moving to North GA or near the Gap and will get back into it (provided I can keep off the twisties)!

I weigh 165lbs so my lifts are not as massive as ones already stated but my max bench is now 305 and once was 330. I guess 40 trips around the sun just takes its toll. I still lift at the Golds here 4 to 6 days a week. Biggest squat was 455. Now I work out on the bench with 225 for 10 reps and 5 sets, sometimes I go heavy (for me) up to 275 one set of 4 and one set of 3 reps just to mix it up. Work squats with 365 for 4 sets of 10 or go heavy with 405 for two working sets of 6 reps. Got knee problems, so you know the drill (good days and bad on leg routines, just never know which knees will show up
biggrin.gif
)

I lost 64 pounds doing low-carb.
Gained back 20 when I quit smoking... but working on losing that now. Need to get motivated... start walking or something. It's hard to do any cardio with 5 herniated discs. (3 lumbar, 2 cervical).

I'd like to lose 40 more pounds.

Eh, one day at a time I guess.

Keep on with what you are doing...and be sure to eat the protein.

i started working out again after heart surgery and buying
my new busa. doing it more for riding the busa than anything
else as i feel i need to be more flexible and in better shape
to explore more potential on the best motorcycle ever built. i
am doing cardio and cybex machines now and will go to free
weights in a few weeks. i'm fat- 6'1" 295# 60 YEARS OLD.
my routine: Mon.-back & bis Tues.-chest &tris Weds.- legs
Thurs.-shoulders Everyday- cardio & abs

muscle.gif
muscle.gif
muscle.gif
muscle.gif

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

muscle.gif

It took me 3 and a half months to get my 6 pack back this past November. Have not had one in nearly 20 years. My body fat went from 13% to 5% when I was done.I also ran my 1st marathon November of 2005 with the flu and only 45 training runs the whole year (because of an injury to my knee). I'm 43 years old. The trick for me as far as the ripping up goes is diets,cardio, weight training and rest. I'm in the middle of dieting again to ripp up. I let my body fat go back up to 8%. It's hard and I could never keep my weight on when ripping up.

I haven't worked out in forever. Y'all are makin' me need to get back into it.

Best I ever did on the bench was 305 for two reps. That was at the end of a three-month heavy weight routine specifically for mass. I have good genetics: My starting bench at that time was 165. I'm not even sure I can do that now!

Blend in the cardio for at least two days a week. You'll need it to get the six pack back. Also, eliminate ALL refined sugar. If you do everything else right and screw up on that, you'll find it nearly impossible to get the six-pack.

Have fun! Careful with the vertical lifts over head. Stay light weight and only increase the weight very slowly.

--Wag--

i once lost nearly 12 pounds in one day..

does that count? Course I think I almost died too.. lol

38 mi bicycle ride when I hadn't been on a bike in probably 5 years..

I would die if I tried it again I think.

I benched 460 once powerlift style (hold for sec, bring to chest and hold for a sec, then lock it out). I was 26 years old and 280 lbs. Now I'm 38, 245 lbs and probably couldn't break 300. If your looking for strength, do pyramids with a realistic goal set 4-6 weeks ahead. My bro who still lifts competitively is 42, 5" 10, 290 lbs and pushed 855 couple weeks ago. If any of you in Houston know Tiny or Bobby you KNOW what a good diet, routine and most importantly dedication can do for you naturally. Now I'm all about playing soccer with my boy...

Back