Why do old people ruin vehicle?

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
I've been looking for a clean low mileage 93-95' Ford Lightning for alittle while. Everytime one comes up, it was owned by an old fart that decided to order every Lund body accessory bolt-on he/she could find.  I mean the stupid screw on body parts that look like crap.

Prime example.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....iewItem

I'd end up repainting almost the whole truck after filling all those screw holes.  
rant.gif

It's hard to find a clean, stock or mildly modded early lightning.

To much $$ for the newer ones. I want to get out of driving a truck all the time. If i can get an old Lightning, i can possibly get a camaro or Mustang to drive daily.

Well, look at it this way ! If you lived out here, you'ed have to chuck out all the Cow Poop in the rear of a 10 year + old Pickup. But it would come with a Gun Rack already installed  
biggrin.gif

Hey, to each his/her own...the guy modified it just like he wanted it to make it his; may not be my thing, but I bet he was proud of his truck...

I prefer "stock" appearance too... but in all fairness - I've seen some young 'uns do some shameful things to vehicles too.

(VaBusa @ Jul. 18 2007,08:49) Hey, to each his/her own...the guy modified it just like he wanted it to make it his; may not be my thing, but I bet he was proud of his truck...
rock.gif
I'll bet ...........................

(dadofthree @ Jul. 18 2007,09:42)
(VaBusa @ Jul. 18 2007,08:49) Hey, to each his/her own...the guy modified it just like he wanted it to make it his; may not be my thing, but I bet he was proud of his truck...
rock.gif
 I'll bet ...........................
Post up your truck or car...I bet it's got bling
laugh.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ Jul. 18 2007,09:47) Thats why we all look different,because we  ARE different.
EXACTLY...
biggrin.gif
And as soon as I get the opportunity, I'm snapping a photo of the Ford Contour/Jeep Wrangler/El Camino hybrid rolling around the back roads of my little town...
crazy.gif

It's, ummmm, definitely home made
laugh.gif
...got a few weld spots...
rolleyes_extreme.gif

(VaBusa @ Jul. 17 2007,23:49) Hey, to each his/her own...the guy modified it just like he wanted it to make it his; may not be my thing, but I bet he was proud of his truck...
well it is a ford...

it's kinda like that old saying..

you can polish a turd,,, but it's still just a turd when you get done.
laugh.gif

Thats all the guy was trying to do... polish his turd.

crazy.gif

j/k dey okay.

(pure_ego @ Jul. 18 2007,11:31)
(VaBusa @ Jul. 17 2007,23:49) Hey, to each his/her own...the guy modified it just like he wanted it to make it his; may not be my thing, but I bet he was proud of his truck...
well it is a ford...

laugh.gif

crazy.gif

j/k dey okay.
And I'd say the same of the crappy Chevy's...don't get me started on the undersized bearings in our Chevy van's motor that finally blew the damn thing up at 70,000 miles
laugh.gif
Piece of stinkin' $@*!
laugh.gif
Must have been one of Chevy's "Monday jobs"
wink.gif

To each his own, always...hell, I'm happy if someone just gets whatever they drive up to speed anymore
tounge.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I can see the "to each his own" comment, but the stuff on that black lightning are not good mods. If you want a train, then buy one, the lightning cannot be made into one. Or maybe he just liked batman alot.
all_coholic.gif
all_coholic.gif
It still looks like crap.

all_coholic.gif

Just remember folks, one day we'll be geezers too...break out the poly pants and bling your ride
laugh.gif

Of course, Paul's whatever-he-cheeses-up will be dreamsicle orange
all_coholic.gif

(pure_ego @ Jul. 18 2007,10:31)
well it is a ford...

laugh.gif

crazy.gif

j/k dey okay.
Hey, how about 115,000 miles on the stock CLUTCH with 300 ft/lbs of torque???
rock.gif
Try THAT Chevy P.O.S....
laugh.gif

j/k, I've liked lots of Chevy's- in my rear view mirror...
smile.gif

Stang.JPG

laugh.gif

Back