Big Load..er

Wel_Crap

Registered
Don't have any bike pictures up here at work near my high speed connection yet but thought I'd post one of a Tonka Toy. This is what we build here in Longview Texas.

L2350.JPG

2200HP Quad Turbo Diesel driving a AC Generator and pumps

4 ea 400 plus HP DC traction motors in each wheel

weight dry about 480,000 lbs

Tires weigh 16,000 lbs each and cost upwards of $70,ooo each  
wow.gif

will lift 150,000 in a bucket to about 38 feet in under 12 seconds

travels at a screaming speed of about 13mph (fast enough)

ANyway, If anybody ever gets down my way I'd be happy to give a tour of the plant.

(zukracer @ Jul. 17 2007,14:38) where is white oak tx?
White Oak is a little dot on the map just West of Longview in the Piney Woods East Texas area. Hwy 80 due west out of Longview will run right through White Oak. Another 90 miles or so you'll be in Dallas.

(jwcfbd @ Jul. 17 2007,14:32) can I drive it?  
bowdown.gif
  I love big trucks and tractors.  
super.gif
Funny thing is , when we do put a machine together completely, and on the ground, I usually have some friends come up and drive them around. We have a small test area with a mountain if dirt to play in. My kids have all driver this machine. It's the largest Front End loader in the world. Not many 6 year old boys can say they've operated one of those....It's just 2 joysticks though so go figure with video games and all they're probably naturals!!

(Wel_Crap @ Jul. 17 2007,14:48)
(zukracer @ Jul. 17 2007,14:38) where is white oak tx?
White Oak is a little dot on the map just West of Longview in the Piney Woods East Texas area. Hwy 80 due west out of Longview will run right through White Oak. Another 90 miles or so you'll be in Dallas.
so from the "i dont know much of tejas" perspective
wink.gif

I travel to austin/dallas/san antonio ... might make my way to houston sometime. within that triangle, how far is it to drive?

I will also be popping into el paso sometime but thats probably hella far if you are 90mi from dallas ;)

Zukracer if you get to Austin Hit me up Sir I live in Austin. Wel_Crap what is the name of the Company you work for I bet my Dad has worked in your Shop before if you have any type of CNC or NC Machines. My dad used to Work for CAT back in the Day

Not to mention I would love to bring some of the TXHR Fellas up there and drive that AWESOME Tonka Toy might even have to bring my son with me he would think he had died and gone to hevan

The Company is now called LeTourneau Technologies but formerly known as LeTourneau Inc, Marathon Letourneau, R.G. LeTourneau..etc...it's been around since 1929.

I'll sure put a post up when I have a machine on the ground taht we can play on. Usually about 3 or 4 a year make it to the dirt.

One of my best friends is a IT manager over at CAT. I work for a company called eLoyalty, we are a Cisco partner doing a variety of things from consulting to managed services.

If I were able to get there, I'd love to drive something like that... kinda like a kid in a candy store
cool.gif

It's kinda hard to see but in the engine bay towards the back of the machine, all the Valve covers are Show Chromed
super.gif
. This pic was from MineExpo in Vegas a few years back!! Lot's of bling on that one that don't carry over to the real world machines...

Does it come in black, thinking drop it 18 " and stretch it 6 ' over and we would be in business.
SHOCKED.gif

I plow snow at Dulles Airport sometimes. Usually i'm in something alittle smaller(Not by much) with a 30-40ft plow. You don't really understand how big planes are till your right next to them.

(GMbusa @ Jul. 17 2007,17:19) I plow snow at Dulles Airport sometimes. Usually i'm in something alittle smaller(Not by much) with a 30-40ft plow.  You don't really understand how big planes are till your right next to them.
they're not that big.
laugh.gif
me playing in a 777 inlet.

mywork1.jpg

During one time when i was plowing, we took a break next to a big plane. I was talking to someone and my bud says "turn around". I was standing in front of a HUGE jet engine. Kinda freaked me out and i was sure happy it wasn't running.
laugh.gif

Back