Thought I'd share a few pics

NCBusa2001

Registered
First one is of my set-up.

Let me say that VIR south is way better than the Patriot course for the busa. I had a blast though it rained out on the second day.

I went solo so I didn't get any riding pictures. However, I can say that I have worn through my first pair of sliders. Getting my knee down at this last busa bash was my first time in 19 years of riding. A few track day's later and I just can't remember how to corner WITHOUT putting my knee down. Amazing.

Which sadly brings me to my new dilemma. The track has KILLED my street riding. The last track day I put 155 miles on her. Almost a month later and I have barely put on the same amount.

Given my biopsych background I'm scared I know the answer. My brain just won't give me the same "squirt" of endorphins and adrenaline on the street. I don't believe in stunting and I don't drag race. I've always got a rush out of just being out on the road riding a sport bike. Now that's gone, I just hope not forever.

I may even end up like Kevin, trailering the bike to the dragon and track only. Hmmm, sad.
smile.gif

Chris

track_day_set_up.jpg

End of the main straight.

I was hitting the "hill" (just past the pit-out) at 160-170mph. Then as soon as I could get my chest off the tank, on the brakes to shed 110mph. A lot of fun with 25 bikes on the track.

Chris

south_elevation_view.jpg

I'm different, i seldom get an adrenalin rush riding on the street. I just ride.
I could never be a track only rider.

Nice pics though.

It's not that I ever got a "high" riding on the street. More of a "comfortable sense of well-being". I'm just not hitting on that now. I see myself noticing things differently now. For example, traffic (ie objects comming the other way). Lack of run-off. Steet signs, telephone poles, poor road conditions, old ladies, golf carts, cell phone soccer moms, the list goes on.

Most importantly POLICE. Every car in this darn county has radar including the sheriff dept. This is a "tourist" area and the speedlimts are artificially low (ie 35mph divided 4 lanes). Kind of easy to be a hooligan and "double the limit" ( a sure careless and recless charge).

I hope that changes in me soon.

Chris

I know what your talking about. I've talked to other guys that have become a track only riders. They told me that riding on the street wasn't that fun anymore due to the uneasiness they felt when doing so, compared to the much more safe enviorment offered by a real racetrack. I can see that.
I have yet to do a trackday, so we will see. Maybe i'll eat my words.

We don`t have track in Denver. Closest one 3 hours south from Denver and I heard it sucks. Some of you just lucky..
super.gif

Nice pictures!

laugh.gif

Welcome to the asylum. Dedicated track bike is next
cool.gif
Then, more and different tracks...with a wreck or 2 in-between. Don't forget to gear up
wink.gif
What your experiencing isn't psychobabble endorphinology....its the hummingbird effect. Riding the street is simply like running on impulse power versus warp drive....you tend to notice a few more things while others around you are moving in slow motion.

Trackdays rule!!
super.gif

If only I had more $$$ I could do more trackdays, then I would need more money to do even more trackdays...

its a vicious cycle that never ends. Prepare for bankruptcy now
tounge.gif
beerchug.gif

Cosmo, you hit it right on. Sloooow motion. I'm quickly becoming the "old fuddy-duddy". Gear rants...pre-flight checks...riding like your invisible..etc. Our ED is getting about one crash a night.

Charles, I'm trying to avoid it but jesus it's a downward spiral. Kim, mentioned recently, "You know...you don't have to go to EVERY one." Hmmm..

Track bike question's I've been pondering. Expensive or cheap (and build the suspension to suit)? 600 or 750 or
SHOCKED.gif
a liter? Or for that matter twin or inline 4?

My superego is saying, "02 gixxr 600". My id is saying, "07 gixxer 1000".

Help me before it's too late.
smile.gif
beerchug.gif

Help me before it's too late. [/Quote]
Its too late.

Wait till you start setting the cruise control to the speed limit in the cage.....
tounge.gif

Fall is coming. You'll pick up something nice on the cheap. Take the winter to rebuild her to your spec's
wink.gif

Awesome!!! I was just there watching the hubby race in a Formula car...that track is just awesome...if I ever get my bike on there, I'd likely hate road riding...

Glad you had fun!
bowdown.gif

Great shots Chris.

I have relly taken a differnet approach to my street riding since I started the trackday craze. It seems I am more cautious on the street now and never try to push my skills at all.

I have even progressed to a dedicated track bike.

I still do ride on the street, just I am alot more cautious with the throttle hand.

One day we need to get together on the track bro......

Kevin, That would be awesome. The next one I'm scheduled for is the Sunday and Monday after the fall bash.

Cosmo, I figure that's what I will do. I really don't want to spend 8-10k on a bright and shiney new bike, because the fear of wadding her up would effect my riding. I'm thinking if I shell out 3-4k on one and then another 1-2k in suspension and track bits, I will be happier. Then if I wad her up I won't be so worried about the damage.

CHris

Back