Thought I'd share a few pics

NCBusa2001

Registered
I hope this doesn't offend any "anti's" (though I don't think there are many here (if any) )

I firmly believe in planting the seed of self-reliance early in life. Part of that whole picture is firearm profeciency and most importantly SAFETY.

I believe in being a parent in every aspect of the job. I see it as my responsibility to provide learning opportunities and varied experiences for my children. It is not the educational system's job to provide knowledge, much less guidance, where firearms are concerned.

I start my children off very early with firearm awareness. (i.e. "dangerous, don't touch). Progressing to basic knowledge (i.e. how they work (developing respect) ). Then introduction to shooting.

Sorry for rambling, enjoy the pics. Please no comments on lack of eye protection (he wasn't shooting yet). Just starting to develop natural point of aim and sight picture, in that shot.

Chris

taking_aim.jpg

Great job NC I'v done the same with my two sons 9 and 11. I bought them a walther p22, and the first week all they did was study the exploded view of the gun and then, I quized them on all the parts and and how they worked before we ever went out to the range. It's a grate hobby and has tought them respect for fire arms and has made them more responsible.
beerchug.gif
They would rather go out to the range than ride their dirt bikes.

Great Pics! Congrats on properly teaching your son gun safety at an early age. I remember I started out the just a regular .22 bolt action rifle in Boy Scouts. From there I got a 10-22, then some pistols...then a few other rifles...whoa, I didn't realize I had that many...the numbers just kinda crept up there.
laugh.gif

-Nick

beerchug.gif
Good to see. Please compliment your son for me on his triggerfinger discipline.

PS- If the 240/Mag58 is transferable, I'm very jealous.

Karl

(K Wolf @ Jul. 15 2007,21:18)
beerchug.gif
 Good to see.  Please compliment your son for me on his triggerfinger discipline.

PS- If the 240/Mag58 is transferable, I'm very jealous.

Karl
Trigger finger discipline is a pet peave of mine. If the top 3 rules a followed there will be no accidents. or rather!

I also can't stand to be "swept" at a range or even in a gun store. I normally "duck" obviously to make them aware of their transgression.

Oh and I would give my left nut for the 240. Unforutnatly, Uncle sam would frown upon that. I volunteer for the SF qualification course "Robin Sage" Phase 4. Kind of fun and I love donating my time for the training of the finest soldiers, scratch that, Warriors on the face of this planet.

Chris

Woohoo
super.gif

taught my kids as well, that way I knew they would learn right and from me as well as to recognize instantly someone who wasn't safe and "time to leave".

Better at home than at the neighbors house and another kid...

Knowledge is power...they should teach it in school.
Maybe cut down on the condom class an extra hour...
guns.gif

I'd rather have kids know how to use 'em over not...he looks like a great shot so far!
bowdown.gif

(BusaBret @ Jul. 16 2007,04:37) Very cool! Just remember Open and show clear!!
Yeah I pondered that one while setting up the pic. I figured it would have made a better picture with the slides closed. Otherwise, your right on target. lol

Chris

Back