MotoGP Race BUTCHERED by CBS!!

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
I recorded the race on CBS because I was out riding (best of both worlds!). Came home, got comfortable and settled back to enjoy it on the big screen- I usually watch it on my laptop on MotoGP Channel.
About halfway through the second lap I get tired of the lame commentary, and decide to get smart and watch it on TV while listening to the professional commentary on the MotoGP channel on the laptop. No problem, synchronize them both to the first tire crossing the start line and I'm good! Great video, and some people who actually know the sport and can comment intelligently and in an entertaining manner about the proceedings!

I know I'm going to have to deal with commercials, so I pause the laptop and fast-forward through them to the race. First commercial? THEY SKIP THREE LAPS!!

Over the course of the commercial breaks they skip over SIX COMPLETE LAPS OF THE RACE!!!

I know they're under time constraints, but this wasn't a matter of delays due to red flags, or changing to wet bikes after the race starts, the race ran start to finish no delays. So for God's sake, schedule it thirty minutes longer and show the whole friggin thing!

It's nice for a mainstream US network to recognize the emergence and popularity of MotoGP as a sport, but they are really stomping on their crank in an attempt to broadcast it. If any other attempts are made to broadcast this sport, they need to simply show and broadcast Dorna's video AND commentary in it's entirety as far as the race is concerned. If they want one of their talking heads to do some background and intro the racetrack and current standings of the riders that would be fine, but the job they are doing in the races so far SUCKS.

guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

I watched it live on motogp.com, then watched 8 laps on a break at work on CBS.

The CBS announcers were putting me to sleep.

The motoGP.com announcers really help the entertainment value.

(Charlesbusa @ Jul. 15 2007,18:23) I watched it live on motogp.com, then watched 8 laps on a break at work on CBS.

The CBS announcers were putting me to sleep.

The motoGP.com announcers really help the entertainment value.
Yes they do!

All the respect in the world to Kevin, and as an expert on the subject matter he's it, but as a commentator he's not the equal of a professional in entertainment and timing.

How hard is it for a network to do what SPEED does and present it like it is on MotoGP channel? If anything they should stretch it and do an intro spectacular building up the location, it's history, and the riders history and standings- they do it for other premiere sporting events why not this?

I agree with the commentarys ! The announcer and dialogs showed they knew very little about creating verbal excitement. Not as bad as Sam "I am Awful" Posey or Greg "Hi Guy what's UP" White, but still BADDDDDDDD  
all_coholic.gif

Usually, on the broadcasts, Lamb can't understand half the words the announcers are saying. Same problem when watching the F1 races. At least I can understand what their saying! Missing laps sucks though!

I AGREE 100 % !!!!!
Guess we can blame CBS for this boring MOTOGP presentation... it lacked all excitement & build up. There were over 100,000 fans there so you would think they would sound more excited about the event.
Boy, I miss the commentators over at Speed !
Kevin S. -- loved him dearly as a racer, but race dialogue is another story.
all_coholic.gif

Back