Anyone else wake up early to watch MotoGP live?!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Ohhh yeah!! It was soo worth it waking up at 4:45am to watch Nicky go from 14th to 3rd!!!!
beerchug.gif
muscle.gif

Midway in the race he heard something wrong and backed off, lost a couple positions, then just got back in it. The bike was OK and he might have even took 2nd if he hadn't backed off
wow.gif

Invincible Stoner not so invincible
tounge.gif

Capirossi made a different tire choice than the other bridgestones and it paid off with 2nd place!

Rossi crashed out just trying too hard. And Stoner only finished 5th. The main michelin guys did well, Rossi could have easily had 2nd...

Pedro takes the win... I still don't like that guy
wink.gif
But he's fast!!

This year, tires seem to be the biggest factor. Guess right...and you'll fight for the podium or win. Guess wrong...and you're off the podium for sure...

I really don't like the new tire rules.  Guessing which tire to pick has too much influence in determining who's on the podium.

Tire choice didn't seem to be as much of a factor last year as it is this year.  
argue.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Jul. 15 2007,06:36) I really don't like the new tire rules.  Guessing which tire to pick has too much influence in determining who's on the podium.

Tire choice didn't seem to be as much of a factor last year as it is this year.  
argue.gif
Me, I like the tire involvement ! I like manufactorys fighting each other in developement. Much better than watching a speck bike with just rider involvement. The Bike guys (Eng, Mech.s , Tire Guys etc.) don't get hardly any of the credit for a winning bike and they do nearly all the real work ! And as you know, a Great Rider on a Poor Bike, isn't going to Beat a Good rider on a GREAT BIKE  
race.gif

I think it takes 4 things to win.
Bike
Rider
Tires
Luck(not in picking tires)

I think this year, the tires category is taking too big a chunk out of the other categories. Last year the teams had all the tires they could want to pick from. As conditions changed, they could change tire compounds or construction as many times as they wanted or run the exact same tire compound/construction as much as they wanted. But now they have to "guess" which tires to bring before they even get to the track. Which of course relies on another "guess" by the weatherman...

Last year, a bad tires choice was a bad choice made from all the practice sessions experience.

This year, a bad "guess" is a bad guess made days before the 1st practice session.

(DaCol. @ Jul. 15 2007,06:55) Me, I like the tire involvement ! I like manufactorys fighting each other in developement. Much better than watching a speck bike with just rider involvement. The Bike guys (Eng, Mech.s , Tire Guys etc.) don't get hardly any of the credit for a winning bike and they do nearly all the real work ! And as you know, a Great Rider on a Poor Bike, isn't going to Beat a Good rider on a GREAT BIKE  
race.gif
I agree 100%. The consumer is the ultimate winner in this battle.

That track is crazy! Left handers that never end! That keyhole area is just too cool! It was obvious that the tires were a major factor in this race, although Rossi can't blame the tires for his lowside! Can't wait for Laguna Seca. Quick question: Are the AMA guys at Laguna Seca next weekend also? If so, that is a jam packed weekend of motorcycles!

I was looking at the video in slow motion and the left side of Melandri's tire looked totally cooked! They need Daytona Dual Compound tires for that track! Most of the lap is on the left side!
beerchug.gif

Hayden looked inspired at the end of that baby! Too bad he faded back early on! On to Laguna!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

(Lamb busa @ Jul. 15 2007,11:36) That track is crazy!  Left handers that never end!  That keyhole area is just too cool!  It was obvious that the tires were a major factor in this race,  although Rossi can't blame the tires for his lowside!  Can't wait for Laguna Seca.  Quick question:  Are the AMA guys at Laguna Seca next weekend also?  If so,  that is a jam packed weekend of motorcycles!
Yes Sir it is...Miguel is running BOTH AMA and GP duty
wink.gif

Stoner just needed to stay on his bike. Poor little Rossi.
super.gif

Stoner obviously had traction problems toward the end.

??Question , I may need to watch again, I must have missed something, kids started requiring attention. Why did DePuniet get no classification and not have a place on motogp.com as where Checa who i know wrecked got 14th?

(BlueHaya @ Jul. 15 2007,12:37) Stoner just needed to stay on his bike.  Poor little Rossi.
super.gif

Stoner obviously had traction problems toward the end.

??Question , I may need to watch again, I must have missed something, kids started requiring attention.  Why did DePuniet get no classification and not have a place on motogp.com as where Checa who i know wrecked got 14th?
Checa crashed, but was able to finish the race. De Puniet had engine trouble and was not able to finish.

(bigoltool @ Jul. 15 2007,11:44) I was looking at the video in slow motion and the left side of Melandri's tire looked totally cooked! They need Daytona Dual Compound tires for that track! Most of the lap is on the left side!
beerchug.gif

Hayden looked inspired at the end of that baby! Too bad he faded back early on! On to Laguna!  
beerchug.gif
I remember last year Michelin used 5 different compounds in a rear tire
wow.gif
Dual?? Come on now this is MotoGP baby
tounge.gif
They use 3, 4, 5 different compounds
muscle.gif

Hayden faded because his bike had a weird sound. When the bike didn't die, he got back into it
super.gif
He thinks he cracked the exhaust... from leaning
SHOCKED.gif

beerchug.gif

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 15 2007,12:09)
(Lamb busa @ Jul. 15 2007,11:36) That track is crazy!  Left handers that never end!  That keyhole area is just too cool!  It was obvious that the tires were a major factor in this race,  although Rossi can't blame the tires for his lowside!  Can't wait for Laguna Seca.  Quick question:  Are the AMA guys at Laguna Seca next weekend also?  If so,  that is a jam packed weekend of motorcycles!
wink.gif
Only Suberbike and Supersport will be at Laguna.
wink.gif

wink.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Jul. 15 2007,12:59)
(BA BUSA @ Jul. 15 2007,12:09)
wink.gif
Only Suberbike and Supersport will be at Laguna.  
wink.gif
And the difference is
rock.gif
? AMA needs their heads checked and make some real changes that will LAST ! Not some classification that not only does the public NOT understand, but the riders don't seem to understand either. Since the classes just blend and don't do justice to each race ! Kinda Dumb to me, when your REAL Premium Event is a 600cc bike and not the 1000 cc (or that's what it looks like to me) ! And what's with the rules ? Let the Ducs back with their 1098 cc, kinda like NHRA allowed Harley to race and build a NON (which is required by everyone else) Stock based engine with really unlimited cc's. It's made drag racing interesting again, without all the " WHICH SUZUKI WON" racing !!

OK  
rant.gif

wink.gif

AMA should adopt my idea for their classes
wink.gif

Suberbike-----------The way it is now
SuperStock---------Almost no modifications. Race plastic fairings and slicks. Absolutely no engine mods with no race gas. Want to adjsut suspension, use the preload, rebound, and comp adjustments.
Formula Extreme--The way it is now
Supersport---------Almost no modifications. Race plastic fairings and slicks. Absolutely no engine mods with no race gas. Want to adjsut suspension, use the preload, rebound, and comp adjustments.

You'll never see a superstock lap time close to a suberbike lap time. And you reduce a lot of privateer costs and make the manufacturers produce quality bikes.
super.gif

Back