good way to ship?

xzvs

Registered
Found a shipper for the Busa
Need a good cheap shipper for my toolbox clothes and electronics
will post on uship.com -- any other suggestions?

Seems to me there was a thread about this not to long ago.... try a search cause I remember something about it. I'll look as well..

ya -- I saw a lot of threads on shipping bikes -- but I have already got that sorted out.
I need to ship my tool box clothes and electronics tho

Moving is expensive, good movers aren't cheap, cheap movers aren't good, you are the shipper, the movers are the carriers. It goes by weight if going distance so try to be exact on description of items to be moved over the phone so to get a good estimate, if you tell them one thing and it's another, they'll want you to pay for it even doing it through uship. Try to have some moving company estimator's come by and look at it, it's free, ask about guarantees, ask to see the weight ticket so you know what your paying for. I know you have a few movers in your area. Make sure it's packed well if someone else is handling it. I've been a mover nearly 30 yrs and been in your area hundreds of times, you have the resources there. Consider renting a trailer if you can pull it? If it's junk and you don't need it, toss it, don't pay someone to move it!
Like I said, moving isn't cheap and you get what you pay for. Hope it helps, good luck.

p.s. Don't call me, I'm getting out of the business.

tool box is on wheels and all stuff will be well boxed by me
I will load and unload (or help).
Last move I only had about a pallets worth of boxes (all fit in toyota tundra)
Let me know if you know anyone

It's the busy time of the season, start calling around now, the sooner the better. They'll probably want a 1000lb minimum, let them know if you can get a tractor trailer to pickup and/or destination,also let them know you can help the driver. Not only Escondido,call around the greater San Diego area, sometimes they can dispatch a driver thats already on the road and maybe going through or to your destination, phone book,800 numbers,calls are free. I don't know anyone specific in your area but I know there are quite a few, the more you call,the better idea you'll have of what's going on. Be polite when calling
smile.gif
it helps and you'll feel better making the decision instead of somebody else, good luck.

my toolbox has to be close to 1000lbs itself -- so doubt i'll have a prob making weight ;)

Back