Update on Souvenir From Blont County Sheriff

Rayabusa0818

Never Forgotten
I spoke with the friendly folks at Blount County Court house today and they game me two options.

1. Pay ticket $227.00.

2. Pay ticket $81, attend three hour safe driving class, and ticket not reported to the State or entered on my driving record.

Guess which one I'm choosing
biggrin.gif

IMG_2846sm.jpg

By the way I saw this on killboy.com today...note the part about tag mounts...

Bulletin! Yes, there are police here.

They will be out every day for the next couple of months, so don't act a fool! So far they have been mostly reasonable, busting people for blatent speeding, crossing the center, and the license plate thing. Tail of the Dragon has been saying it for years, don't come out with your plate mounted in any way other than straight up and down on the back of the tail section unless you are prepared to be stopped. It's a gateway infraction that allows them to follow up with license/registration/insurance checks.

Y'all be careful if you get to come visit my fair state. The rumor is the the govenor himself has ordered this stepped up enforcement on the gap
rock.gif

IMG_2847sm.jpg

(Rayabusa0818 @ Jul. 11 2007,18:21) I spoke with the friendly folks at Blount County Court house today and they game me two options.

1.  Pay ticket $227.00.

2.  Pay ticket $81, attend three hour safe driving class, and ticket not reported to the State or entered on my driving record.

Guess which one I'm choosing
biggrin.gif
Option #1
super.gif

well crap im going up there saturday with my axle mounted tag, guess i need to move it under the tail ?

Guys, be very careful and be ready for the police. There have been 3 fatalities in two days up there. One R1 rider tucked the front end in a curve and went 80 feet over a cliff. Another couple on a trike blew a curve and knocked a 5000 lb boat off it's trailer. These are the first fatalities this year and I can guarantee there will be a police presence.

Take it easy and be prepared.

(TennBusa @ Jul. 14 2007,22:48) Guys, be very careful and be ready for the police.  There have been 3 fatalities in two days up there.  One R1 rider tucked the front end in a curve and went 80 feet over a cliff.  Another couple on a trike blew a curve and knocked a 5000 lb boat off it's trailer.  These are the first fatalities this year and I can guarantee there will be a police presence.

So...are you saying no fatalities until the cops showed up
rock.gif

I was up there today...they have really slowed the traffic down.

Just be aware they are handing out tickets...i got one
mad.gif

(Rayabusa0818 @ Jul. 14 2007,20:13)
(TennBusa @ Jul. 14 2007,22:48) Guys, be very careful and be ready for the police.  There have been 3 fatalities in two days up there.  One R1 rider tucked the front end in a curve and went 80 feet over a cliff.  Another couple on a trike blew a curve and knocked a 5000 lb boat off it's trailer.  These are the first fatalities this year and I can guarantee there will be a police presence.

So...are you saying no fatalities until the cops showed up
rock.gif

I was up there today...they have really slowed the traffic down.

Just be aware they are handing out tickets...i got one
mad.gif
Nope, what I'm saying is that since there have been three fatalities in two days, they'll be lined up side by side for the length of the ride.

They were given $60k to step up enforcement on the "Dragon" and they've since figured out they can write enough tickets to make it worthwhile. Now there's more pressure to slow things down bringing even more heat. It's a vicious cycle and it's going to continue until it's not worthwhile anymore. That will probably be when the tourists leave town and it's only the locals riding. If the opportunity to write coupons goes down, the justification to do so goes down with it.

All we can do is behave until they get tired of sitting around watching.

i was there yesterday, i seen only one tn trooper. one sheriffs car.
i did not see anyone riding out of normal threw the dragon, on the tellico side there were a few i passed turning on the speed.

Back