Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix

steelhead

Registered
Early Release in Korea (like the Transformers).

No spoilers. Just put it this way, I was sleeping through the whole movie. I saw it with the wife and she was sleeping, too. Your kids will probably love it though.

Rating: 3/10

Why? Nothing happens. Voldemort is coming...really, he 's coming....ok, now he's here,..there he goes...he'll be back. No battle, no finale, NOTHING!!! just a teaser of what was supposed to happen. The end. Awful stuff. There will be a sequel.

3/4's of the movie you watch this annoying biotch, then she disappears, and Voldemart comes and goes. Absolutely no connection.

Sigh!!!!!!!!

im a huge harry potter fan and to some degree i must agree with steelhead. i know you cant compare a book to the movie so i wont. but considering i thought this book was fantastic the movie was a let down(dont get me wrong still good) but i think the worst of the series. just my .02

I thought the movie did a great job in condensing all that happened in the book to screen form. I loved it.
beerchug.gif

Its wierd because I never thought I would be on a motorcycle thread talking about Harry Potter.

I DO have to agree with Darth, in that I throughly enjoyed the movie.

Three cheers for HP!!!

(Wild Willey @ Jul. 11 2007,20:16) Its wierd because I never thought I would be on a motorcycle thread talking about Harry Potter.  

I DO have to agree with Darth, in that I throughly enjoyed the movie.  

Three cheers for HP!!!
+1  
beerchug.gif

and I'm a picky sob, I pan stuff as crap quick.

I and my wife both couldn't wait to run out of the theater.

The movie seemed to hype this arch villain's return, but in the end, nothing really happenned. No great war, like in Lord of the Rings III. This movie should not have been called, "Order of the Phoenix". It should have been called, "The Order against Denial". When you see the movie, you'll know what I mean. It's just a movie about "Denial".

In the movie, we learn a great prophecy from a majic orb:
Either Harry Potter dies, or his nemesis will. Both cannot co-exist.

Alrightie. That was self-obvious.

Then the movie has some special effects, "a Yoda and Count Doku showdown" rip-off, but that's all.
Then we see a Lord of the Rings I ripoff where Harry Potter gets infected with Voldemort, just like Frodo's infection. But in the end, we see Harry Potter wave his invincibility card: "They love me, I have friends, you'll never have those things!!!"...and the end.

Personally, I would have enjoyed watching Obiwan Kenobe chop Harry Potter up and Darth Vader massacre Dumbledorf. Ah, then we could remove that whole "wand" fight and go to the light sabre. Good old light sabre...

beerchug.gif

Back