Sobering Statistic

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Here is a sobering statistic!

Regardless of where you stand on the issue of U.S. involvement in Iraq, here is a sobering statistic. There has been a monthly average of 160,000 troops
in the Iraq theatre of operations during the last 22 months, and a total of 2,867 deaths - a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.

The firearm death rate in Washington D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000 persons for the same period. Therefore, you are about 25% more likely to be shot and killed in the U.S. Capital than you are in Iraq. (And, this doesn't include New York, Chicago, Detroit, Miami, Los Angeles, etc. etc. etc. etc.........)

Conclusion: The U.S. should pull out of Washington.

wow.gif

I cannot attest to the accuracy of the above-described values, but it's interesting, regardless

um...pull out sooner=no kids, opps that was a joke. yeah, statistcally, you have a great chance of getting into a car wreck or being mugged than dying overseas...

Its gratifying to hear an individual quote statistical data on the subject. Its the job the founding fathers had in mind for the "free press".
As for pulling out of Washington I'm of the opinion that, regardless of party affiliation, there will be a bunch of folks currently residing there who'll be calling a moving van in say...November 08.
The country is in a foul mood over our current state of affairs (and I believe deservedly so) and that usually results in a good housecleaning.

So your saying our Congressmen are at more risk than our servicemen
rock.gif
!

My answer::::::::::::::: that sounds GOOD to me
tounge.gif

(razorshark @ Jul. 11 2007,12:04) um...pull out sooner=no kids, opps that was a joke. yeah, statistcally, you have a great chance of getting into a car wreck or being mugged than dying overseas...
That's what came ( pun intended ) to mind
laugh.gif

(cosmo @ Jul. 11 2007,12:34) Its gratifying to hear an individual quote statistical data on the subject. Its the job the founding fathers had in mind for the "free press".
As for pulling out of Washington I'm of the opinion that, regardless of party affiliation, there will be a bunch of folks currently residing there who'll be calling a moving van in say...November 08.
The country is in a foul mood over our current state of affairs (and I believe deservedly so) and that usually results in a good housecleaning.
All politics are local, so don't hold your breath.
wink.gif

Back