I got some serious problems today..

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Caught the oldest daughter smoking today...her mother caught her sneaking out of the house with a friend that stayed over last night and?...she failed to inform me that she'd been fired from her part time job at subway...last week...and when i confronted her about it which included grounding her for a month and taking her cell phone away again?...things got physical...and she fought back...15 years old...then ran away with my 9 year old...while my wife and 14 year old were at church...meanwhile?...she told my parents that dads been back to partying after 15 years of clean and sober...she found a pic of me at the fall busa bash with a beer in my hand...on my parents PC....the one with Ben (yamahor) and John (GixerHP) snatching at my breasts...and then pointed that pic out to my parents who were still under the belief that i've been clean and sober for 20 years...not just 15...and now?...the wife knows...but ain't home with them yet....i am destroyed.

I don't know which way the worm will turn from here for my family and i...say a prayer for us gents cause frankly?...i've had it...with everything.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

that sucks, but it doesn't sound like a deal buster. I have a 15 year old too. So most of that sounds real familiar. It'll work out. She will see the error in her ways, but it won't be til she grows up. I'm in the process of letting mine make a few mistakes. As long as it doesn't kill her or affect the rest of the family.

Your wife should understand having a beer doesn't mean you've fallen off the wagen. JMO

hang in there bro

15 years old is a hard time in any child's life. Most come around in a few years.
Keep your head up. All will work out in the end. Prayer sent for you and your family.
If you need anything just give a shout. PM sent.

Bill, if she wants, she can call and talk to me about the drinking at the bash. You didn't get drunk as far as I remember, just had 1 or 2 to my knowledge. Sending PM now.

Jinx! Dude! You? I don't know what to say! Welcome to reality. 15! most parents don't know what goes on! so you are one up on most. One stinkin beer? That ain't fallen off the wagon! That was control, I can show what fallin off the wagon is
rock.gif
 Wish I could post up a detailed thread with pics like you do on how to fix this one.  
bowdown.gif

15 years old? Yup that sounds normal!
How old are you? Your worried about having a beer or 2? And your parents finding out
rock.gif

WOW!!!!

I see it this way ask yourself am I a drunk? Do you beat your kids? Get $hit faced every nite?
I don't think you do as you are always on here typing some thing with such detail, a drunk never could! ex,

Now if I were your wife I'd have more of a problem with Ben and John touching you
SHOCKED.gif

Ok that said go have a
all_coholic.gif
and say F-it

Dont just ground her and take away her cell phone. Sit down and have a heart to heart with her and explain why you are doing it. Remind her how much you love her and that she is the most important thing in your life. Dont be too hard on her. She could have done alot worse (drugs) but you need to catch her before she really rebels against you.

Hang in there Bill. I'll it all work out in the end. Parenting is very hard with some teenagers... hang in there...

(05BusaLe @ Jul. 08 2007,15:06) How old are you? Your worried about having a beer or 2? And your parents finding out
rock.gif

WOW!!!!
No, his daughter got on his parents PC and found the pic...

Bruh, just hang in there! I have a 15 year old as well. For some reason the girls seem harder. Don't compromise your believes! As for the beers, just be careful! You don't want any incidents with alcohol. It only makes issues worse. I'm dealing with some issues as I write with one of my airman...My 2 cents.//

(yamahor @ Jul. 08 2007,15:36)
(05BusaLe @ Jul. 08 2007,15:06) How old are you? Your worried about having a beer or 2? And your parents finding out
rock.gif

WOW!!!!
And? Read the rest of it! What I said is unless he is a drunk or drinks in excess I don't see a problem with it. So in a nut shell why is he worried? He is grown and should be able to do as he see's fit!

As far as your 15 y/o tell her "Do as I say not as I do."

(05BusaLe @ Jul. 08 2007,15:43)
(yamahor @ Jul. 08 2007,15:36)
rock.gif

WOW!!!!
And? Read the rest of it! What I said is unless he is a drunk or drinks in excess I don't see a problem with it. So in a nut shell why is he worried? He is grown and should be able to do as he see's fit!

As far as your 15 y/o tell her "Do as I say not as I do."
oh... my bad...

I hear ya on the 15yr old girl thing... my Daughter is now 16 going on 17 and it does get better. At 15 we butted heads all the time, as a Parent we didn't understand and as a teenager she was trying to find herself. Its just what seems to happen. Just show her your love and be there to support her when it all comes crashing down on her.

As far as the drinking thing... well explain it to your Parents. Its not like you went back full tilt.

Life gets to us all once in a while and it all seems to be falling apart around us. Take some time to breathe and while your at it take your Daughter. Some down time just relaxing with no pressure can sometimes allow the communication we think is happening to actually happen.

Just my thoughts....

WOW Bill! It could be worse, she could not be a part of your life anymore. Keep enjoying the small things and stay consistent. Put a smile on that face and find something between your daughter and you that you enjoy! Good luck!!

Wow, hope everything works out. Sounds like you need to have the WHOLE family sit down and have a talk. I think you need to get the whole family involved in a intervention with your daughter from the past posts you have had about her. Good luck bro.....

1st off?....Thank you everybody...all prayers and well wishes are appreciated greatly...it's helping me to keep my old three chins up.
laugh.gif

Meanwhile?...the family and i just returned home from my parents house...lotsa open hearted discussion...from me...not much from the daughter...she can turn on the drama and theatrics like nobodies business when it comes to trying to get her own way via sympathy with the other adults in the family who are all softys...so?..it wasn't a great day for me but i did get to somewhat convince my parents that i haven't digressed back into full blown alcoholism..which i never did...but i did have a serious problem with coke back in the early '80's...which in 1 1/2 years and $310,000 dollars later landed me in an in-house drug rehab for a month...and afterwards?...i went a full 15 years without so much as a beer or a bong hit...hey...what can i say...i was a wild and crazy guy after the USMC and landed in a rock band that played 27 bars in a single summer along the jersey shoreline...things got a lil crazy...and so did i.
laugh.gif

anyways...that's how a man winds up to be 48 years old and worried that their parents found out that they knock a few back every now and then and have a slight tendency to take a puff or two on the occassional doobie pass...i didn't ever want them to know cause i knew they'd experience horrific flashbacks of my somewhat jaded past..but now?...the cats outta the bag...it's all out in the open...and i'm still not certain how things are going to work out but?...i guess the only good that came out of this is the fact that it's probably better than living a lie...he11...i gotta admit that i felt a bit better after confessing my sins to Ma and Pa superior...but wifey still ain't none to happy with it.

Been a rough emotional day for all involved....but a huge thanks goes out to all my Busa bretheren for being here for me..ya'll rock...and?...please keep the prayers coming...cause i gotta sneaky feeling that this thing still ain't played itself out all the way yet...thanks again and..

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

laugh.gif

Jinks, you and your family are in my prayers. Sit down and have a family forum. There's nothing wrong with letting your Daughter express herself, but still she needs to know who's in charge. She's the Daughter and your the Daddy, PERIOD.

Bill,
I can understand how loved ones could get worried about you digressing. Addiction is a scary thing. I know a guy whom had some serious drug and alcohol issues back when he was in his late 20s. And a few years back he had a non-alcoholic beer (O'Douls) while camping. Well the wife flipped. Because there is some alcohol in em, even if it's not much. And while I don't think he was anywhere near his partying days, I do think it was a foreseeable reaction. Given his past, even if he could have a beer in moderation, people are going to worry.

I'm glad to hear you were truthful. It's really the most important thing in any relationship, whether is be father/parents or husband/wife. It's all in moderation and they should be trusting, supportive, and understanding. Heck, they're your parent's and loved ones. Now a 15 year old daughter, well I don't know what to say. I have a 15 year old sister and she's enough to make me never want to have children.
all_coholic.gif

Best of luck man. May the next update be better than this one.
beerchug.gif

Back