What do ya do

Wrath

Donating Member
Registered
What do you do...God If I only knew. I have for years tried to be the good father, teach my son right from wrong....He gets it wrong most the time. Try to teach my son manners, Still eats like a cow. I correct my sons eating habbits at out dinner table, the Wife butts in" Well your manners are not the best either" right infront of the kids she says this. Then my son chimes in "Yeah dad!" I am sorry but I refuse to tolerate any disrespect from my son. Am I wrong? I have tried for years to get my wife to explain her differences away from the kids as I do so her authority is not compromised. But she is a beleiver thet she is their freind first then parent. They constant ly back talk her, disrespect her, then she asks me to straighten it out. I count to myself 2 more years... My son will be 18 & graduated in 2 more years. God! Can I last that long??? Can me and my wife last that long?
rock.gif
The story goes on.....

Keep the faith brother! 20 years ago I was the boy that your son is now. I have a profound regret that i treated my parents the way that I did. But through it all something stuck cuz I am now a successful parent (and grandparent) and a much improved son.

You need to do 1 of a few things, you in the end will decide whats best, ultimately for the one that will carry your name forever, your son....
(bear in mind I don't know you, this is just from reading 15 lines of your life)
1- give her the where and how to before it's too late and you throw in the towel, or
2-do #1 before she decides you are a ***** and she throws in the towel, and you dont have a family, wife, hourse or life anymore, or
3-live a lie, be miserable, let her be the boss in your failing marriage and life, or
4-kick her ass out, get another one, etc, however you do it make sure you do what is best for the family, and eventually your namesake.

I would suggest borrowing your balls from your wife's velvet lined purse, and cowboy up Nancy. Think of your son and the thought of what the rearing of your grandkids will be like.

(Ken02busa @ Jun. 25 2007,19:57) I would suggest borrowing your balls from your wife's velvet lined purse, and cowboy up Nancy. Think of your son and the thought of what the rearing of your grandkids will be like.
That's what got me where I am. My unwilling ness to put up with his crap. The fact you wrote that tells me you didn't read it quite right maybe. I own my Balls free & clear, and as my freinds know I have never lost them yet. I am one who will fight for whats right and not just do as your #3 might suggest and let her be boss. That would be giving up my manhood.

man- i've had a tough tough time with my boys this weekend. ages 18,12,& 6. that's what's the busa for.
race.gif
man,moment,machine, and a personal relationship with my daddy: Jesus
bowdown.gif
prayers go out to you and your family.

ah, you are on the right track. I hear about so many guys that crawl into a little hole and lose their identity. Trouble is, sometimes that little hole seems to kill brain cells and manhood sometimes.

I am heading that way with kids and age, my daughter is 13, son 11, and I can see her needing me less and less, doing more on her own, right and wrong. I am over compensating for my son, just bought him a cbx250 to go with his ysr80, and I am thinking of getting a car for her and I to work on for when she is old enough to drive, but it is all rough.

All the best of luck to you brother, so far you are saying all the right things.

I hope the best for you.

(fsusux @ Jun. 25 2007,19:00) Keep the faith brother! 20 years ago I was the boy that your son is now. I have a profound regret that i treated my parents the way that I did. But through it all something stuck cuz I am now a successful parent (and grandparent) and a much improved son.
+1

I was a preacher's kid and the living epitome of preacher's kids are the worst. Then I had a child of my own and realized I wish I was half the man my father is.

Don't wish away the next 2 years. In 5 years no matter how bad they were you will wish you had them back. Best of luck to you and your son.

I'm not a parent yet, but I've been learning a lot from watching other parents and talking to the wife about kids and raising them correctly. One of the biggest things is that you and the wife need to be on the same page, and if you show your son that you aren't on the same page he will take advantage of it.

I know where you are coming from man. My wife will get loud in front of the kids and I tried to keep it away from them. She would just get loud and mouth off in front of the kids and I finnaly had enough. I got loud in front of the kids and she blew a gasket. How dare you, not in front of the kids! I went off. Let her know how her mouth is and why the kids shake their heads when she howls. Now she calls me the bad guy. I told her the kids know who the ASS is in the family. She huffed and puffed and went into the bedroom, raising hell. I slept on the sofa that night.

My son graduates from high school in 4 years. Can I last that long? I will. Will I hang around after that?

firedevil.gif

there is an ORDER a hiearchy if you will that is ordained by God:
everyone submit to God. 1st.
wife submits to husband.
children honor their parents.

I remember our son at 16.. we counted down the years also. 16 is hard, no matter what.

BUT... you and wife need a good sit down. Her undermining you is not helping AT ALL. You need to be one unit. Otherwise the kid will use one against the other. You two need to work things out, privately.. and then use what you have decided on. It's the only way.

Good luck...

Back