2 Haydens will ride in MotoGP @ Laguna!!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Very
cool.gif
news!!

And possibly a 2nd ride, maybe. My guess would be Motegi if they do a 2nd running of 3 bikes.

qp.jpg

This will be interesting to see... Nicky is having some trouble, I wonder if this will affect him in any way, mentally...

(MC MUSTANG @ Jun. 24 2007,10:31) This will be interesting to see... Nicky is having some trouble, I wonder if this will affect him in any way, mentally...
I bet he's happy his brother is getting a shot at riding a motogp bike. And I think they'll race each other, carefully, if they happen to fight for the same position.

I like it. It adds another American to root for!!
super.gif

Big question for Laguna is can Nicky complete the trifecta? Go Nicky!!
muscle.gif

This is interesting! Sort of like giving Jamie Hacking second billing on the Kawi team although RLH is the Senior (at least from time in the saddle perspective) member on the team. Good for Roger!
Now if somebody at Suzuki would just get off their butt and give Spies a wildcard for Laguna! The way he rode yesterday at Miller was awe inspiring!
guns.gif

(bigoltool @ Jun. 24 2007,11:02) This is interesting! Sort of like giving Jamie Hacking second billing on the Kawi team although RLH is the Senior (at least from time in the saddle perspective) member on the team. Good for Roger!
Now if somebody at Suzuki would just get off their butt and give Spies a wildcard for Laguna! The way he rode yesterday at Miller was awe inspiring!  
guns.gif
eek2.gif

Dude that would be incredible!!!  
super.gif

Give a wildcard to Mlladin or Spies or both!!!

race.gif

It would definately increase TV ratings and public intrest!!

Suzuki,

DO IT!!

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>DO IT!!</span>

I would definatly be a Hayden fan if Roger Lee was out there in Moto GP. I've always liked him the best, though I believe Nicky is probably faster.

Wait, oh, stop the presses...

While www.motogp.com is reporting that Roger will ride in Laguna, www.superbikeplanet.com is reporting that its a maybe. SBPlanet's report came out a few hours after MotoGP.com's.

Roger Hayden might race a Kawasaki MotoGP bike at Laguna.

Hayden's name came out on a list of wild card riders a few days ago, leading to speculation in the Euro press that it was a done deal. Hayden says it isn't.

"There was a deadline," says Roger. "You had to have your name turned in by a certain date and they signed me up for it."

"It's not really a done deal or anything yet," he continued. "They are interested in me doing it. (Kawasaki's Mike) Preston and my manager will know more about it. To be honest, I don't know that much about it. I have my hands full with what's going on here in the States. We're finally making some progress with the Superbike."

Hayden rode the old bike for 14 laps at Valencia, but hasn't ridden the 800cc Kawasaki MotoGP bike yet. A test in Japan might be part of a Laguna MotoGP plan.

"I've considered it and after this weekend the real talk will begin. There's a lot of details to work out if I did it. I couldn't do three classes (at Laguna Seca), for sure."

Roger says he won't ride the bike for the novelty of getting a MotoGP start, but wants to do well. "I want to be a serious effort. I don't just have aspirations to say, 'Hey, I rode a MotoGP bike.' I know I won't win but I want to go and give it my best effort."

The venue would be right as well. "It would be a lot easier at a track I already know like Laguna," said Roger.[/Quote]

I hope they get a chance to run together.Help each other. I don't think they will thou,maybe early on.

Then I think one bro will get left behind
wow.gif

RSD.

The folks in Bologna have succeeded in raising the limits of performance on 2 wheels in stunning fashion. The L4 Desmo is just plain faster than EVERY other machine on the track....period. The remaining races are all about who is going to be standing next to Stoner on the podium. Honda has all but conceded failure in the new 800cc format and graciously praised the Italians for they're benchmark designs, Kawasaki has had trouble finishing the races and both Suzuki and Yamaha pilots must run the entire race at the extreme limits of they're skills....with sometimes devastating consequences.
At this point the final results at Laguna will probably be little more than a footnote of the 2007 season.

RLH is saying that he's wildcard. Nothing's definite but if he does race, he plans on doing very well. IMHO-This is great for the american contingent!! Although he's not at the pace of a Spies or Mladin, he's got lots of potential for success as he's still quite a young kid.

On the rumour mill: Kevin Schwantz is rumored to be in talks with Suzuki about fielding a satellite team. If so, Ben Spies is reported in getting a wild card as well. But he is contracted to race AMA until 09.

(gtrpimp76 @ Jun. 25 2007,01:57) RLH is saying that he's wildcard. Nothing's definite but if he does race, he plans on doing very well. IMHO-This is great for the american contingent!! Although he's not at the pace of a Spies or Mladin, he's got lots of potential for success as he's still quite a young kid.

On the rumour mill: Kevin Schwantz is rumored to be in talks with Suzuki about fielding a satellite team. If so, Ben Spies is reported in getting a wild card as well. But he is contracted to race AMA until 09.
I'd be great seeing a 3rd maybe even a 4th suzuki out there in MotoGP
muscle.gif

I'm sure it'll come down to sponsorship...

(newmill @ Jun. 24 2007,22:10) The folks in Bologna have succeeded in raising the limits of performance on 2 wheels in stunning fashion. The L4 Desmo is just plain faster than EVERY other machine on the track....period. The remaining races are all about who is going to be standing next to Stoner on the podium. Honda has all but conceded failure in the new 800cc format and graciously praised the Italians for they're benchmark designs, Kawasaki has had trouble finishing the races and both Suzuki and Yamaha pilots must run the entire race at the extreme limits of they're skills....with sometimes devastating consequences.
At this point the final results at Laguna will probably be little more than a footnote of the 2007 season.
You said it, they'll have to shoot Stoner's tires out to beat him I dont care who is out there racing.

That bike with him riding is like watching Spies and Mladin in AMA, no competition.

(gtrpimp76 @ Jun. 25 2007,01:57) RLH is saying that he's wildcard. Nothing's definite but if he does race, he plans on doing very well. IMHO-This is great for the american contingent!! Although he's not at the pace of a Spies or Mladin, he's got lots of potential for success as he's still quite a young kid.

This is one I am following closely! Huge Scwantz fan and rapidly becoming a big Ben Spies fan. Mladin's talent is obvious but he has said straight up that he has no desire to go back to GP's. Spies took the title convinvincingly last year and is back to winning form this year. If Schwantz does end up running a satellite Suzuki team in MotoGP would Suzuki see fit to move him to the GP squad? I heard a rumor that Jorge' Lorenzo was also mentioned as the possible rider for the Schwantz Suzuki team also?
wink.gif

(YH2K @ Jun. 25 2007,14:28)
(newmill @ Jun. 24 2007,22:10) The folks in Bologna have succeeded in raising the limits of performance on 2 wheels in stunning fashion. The L4 Desmo is just plain faster than EVERY other machine on the track....period. The remaining races are all about who is going to be standing next to Stoner on the podium. Honda has all but conceded failure in the new 800cc format and graciously praised the Italians for they're benchmark designs, Kawasaki has had trouble finishing the races and both Suzuki and Yamaha pilots must run the entire race at the extreme limits of they're skills....with sometimes devastating consequences.
You said it, they'll have to shoot Stoner's tires out to beat him I dont care who is out there racing.

That bike with him riding is like watching Spies and Mladin in AMA, no competition.
The really impressive thing is that Stoner is riding mistake free this year and is at least a match for Rossi heads up. Been a while since anyone was able to run toe to toe with him! Fun to watch!

The really impressive thing is that Stoner is riding mistake free this year and is at least a match for Rossi heads up. Been a while since anyone was able to run toe to toe with him! Fun to watch! [/Quote]
Although I believe you are spot on in regards to Stoner's performances it will take a lot more than a few races (or even seasons) to make me even consider that anyone is Rossi's equal. He is truly a special athlete and a joy to watch....and listen to in the post race interviews too
cool.gif

(bigoltool @ Jun. 26 2007,06:flamethrowing:)

This is one I am following closely! Huge Scwantz fan and rapidly becoming a big Ben Spies fan. Mladin's talent is obvious but he has said straight up that he has no desire to go back to GP's. Spies took the title convinvincingly last year and is back to winning form this year. If Schwantz does end up running a satellite Suzuki team in MotoGP would Suzuki see fit to move him to the GP squad? I heard a rumor that Jorge' Lorenzo was also mentioned as the possible rider for the Schwantz Suzuki team also?
wink.gif
+1 bro!!

I just wanna see Spies and Lorenzo race with the big boys.

It'd be great with Spies b/c he could prove that America's Superbike guys have skill too. Even though the 800's are all about corner speed and less about HP and 'backing it in."

Rossi is still the best rider out there, but he is suffering from poor tires.

Michelin has got to get it together before Rossi can beat down Stoner
wink.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Jun. 25 2007,16:23) Rossi is still the best rider out there, but he is suffering from poor tires.

Michelin has got to get it together before Rossi can beat down Stoner  
wink.gif
On the upside...Bridgestone appears to have come up with some new secret squirrel compounds/construction. Good news for consumers!!

Back