Ever feel like giving up?

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, I'm sitting here at a friends house right now helping with a leak that came BACK after it was fixed... Got this under control to the extent I can. She's outta town visiting her husband, and the house sitter had plans, so that leaves me... Plumber on the way. Anywho, shids been catching up to me, and its hitting me for some reason tonight. Why? Well, this small azz hick town offers nothin. I've been jobless for quite a while now, no full time job since November when I got laid off, and no job at all for the past 2+ months cause of my wreck (Fed Ex says I can't work cause I'm a liability due to my arm being fugged up) and this place SUCKS!!! Not enough business here for a job, but fug if there aint a shidload of people. Whats that mean for ole Ben? No job. On top of that, I got bills catching up quick since my truck aint selling, I gotta save up to go to Fla so I can get into MMI when classes start, and I've been living on saved money for a month and a half. Thats almost gone. I know I've talked about modding my car, but that aint happening, just getting it running so I can get the truck gone and out of my name (car is paid for and cheap insurance) I can't collect unemployment anymore, and don't think I can get temporary disabity due to me not being full time employed at fed ex. On top of that stuff, my grandmother's been in the hospital ALOT lately. Had gallbladder surgery, then has been sick since.

I guess I just need to vent. I'm not asking for anything here but prayers ladies and gentlemen. My family and I need them. Please pray for my Grandmother that she gets better, and pray for me that I find a job and get stuff straight QUICK... Thank god I'm going to Tikvat tomorrow with some friends. I'll get some spiritual help and hopefully get my mind off stuff that afternoon.

I hear you - hang in there though.... Prayers and good thoughts comin' at ya...

Don't give up, remember there are those in worse shape then you (no not a fat joke)
Just take it one day at a time it will all come together.
Did I ever tell ya'll I can see the future
SHOCKED.gif

Hang tough, kiddo. Many of of us have been through this before too and survived well.

My heart and soual are with you, man.

--Wag--

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." --Nietzche

Thanks guys... I think my mind just lets stuff get to me at times... Might do some drinking tomorow night if I feel the same as tonight.
all_coholic.gif

Yama , Hang in there..Life aint always easy.. But when it is, remember it ... Hey man just think of the positive.. Dont entertain a negative..There are always someone out there a lot worse off.. ME.. It would blow you mind if you knew what I have been thru inthe fast couple of years..Example truck blew up ( both of them) , well water took a dive, frig went out , washer went out , Ol lady went out, roof leaked, was out a work for almost 4 months , my mom 80 yrs. old got broken into , cut ,beat and and and, dog died , cat died, credit cars thru the roof, cant sell my silverado either..water softner went out, finally got some work coming in and my work truck trans went out, &&&&& So chear up Bro.. Remember the name Jesus and forget the problems.. Tomorrow is another day,
beerchug.gif
bowdown.gif
lurk.gif

(yamahor @ Jun. 22 2007,22:06) Thanks guys... I think my mind just lets stuff get to me at times... Might do some drinking tomorow night if I feel the same as tonight.
all_coholic.gif
Drinking will help.....NOT! Alcohol, the drug, is a depressant. If anything, you need a stimulant. How about a strong coffee?
coffee.gif
Not to preach but at least you realize things are crappy where you are. When I was a young guy(26) I moved my wife, myself, and our 3 kids 997 miles to find new work. It was scary but to this day, 24 years later, I never regretted doing it and we are still in the same area we initially relocated to. It was a fresh beginning for us. Sometimes you just got to make a move. What about relocating to Florida close to Grandma and start over? Just a thought.....Whatever you do, keep a clear head & mind!

I need family in southern Cali. Or i need to be adopted in some other warm weather climate.

Thanks everyone. This has helped, even though I try and be anti-emo, it hits me sometimes and I get pretty dang emo... Thanks genetic depression!
guns.gif
And yes, I know alcohol is a depressant... But if I were to drink tomorrow night, it'd be with a REAL cutie. And no, I'm not talking about RSD.
SHOCKED.gif

(GMbusa @ Jun. 23 2007,01:19) I need family in southern Cali.   Or i need to be adopted in some other warm weather climate.
mmmm... Cali... I heard it's nice over there now... and in a few months... and a few months ago...

Tough times Ben, and I know we have never met, but I watch what you post, watch what guys post about you, and like many in here I think of you as a 'friend' that I would like to get together with someday.
Trouble is, if you go out and do something stupid like drinking or otherwise, dumb **** seems to happen, so hang in there, find yourself some choice tail, have some fun, and just out of the blue eveything will straighten out for you. Might take a while, but you are good people, and good things happen to good people.

Keep your head up junior, and if there is anything I can do, let me know. If you were closer I would put you to work here.

(yamahor @ Jun. 23 2007,01:21) Thanks everyone. This has helped, even though I try and be anti-emo, it hits me sometimes and I get pretty dang emo... Thanks genetic depression!
guns.gif
And yes, I know alcohol is a depressant... But if I were to drink tomorrow night, it'd be with a REAL cutie. And no, I'm not talking about RSD.
SHOCKED.gif
Ben... It is always good to vent. If you hold stuff in whether it be happiness or sadness you will suffer. While this is an internet forum it is still populated by people that for some reason seem to care about each other and act as many types of support for each and every member. So let it out when ever you need to and know that you have friends who will listen, care and sometimes mock good naturedly.

Proof positve that it is good to let things out is my unusual amount of anger over a discussion about using phones on a bike... I had a couple of crappy days and took issue with nothing.
laugh.gif

alot of good comments

life is a lot like tempering steel
Steel can be treated by intense heat to give it different properties of hardness and softness. This depends on the amount of carbon in the steel. In general terms, if steel is heated until it glows red and is quenched in clean water immediately, it becomes very hard but also brittle. This means it is likely to break or snap if put under great pressure. On the other hand, if the red hot steel is allowed to cool slowly, the resulting steel will be easier to cut, shape and file as it will be relatively soft.
whats this have to do with you ?
when we have troubles in life we are being tempered , and stronger.
the things that are bad are making you stronger.
knowing religion you know the correct answers and who to turn too
its not a good analogy, but close to what your going threw.

YO!!!! I learned along time ago to apreciate waking up everyday and dont take the little things for granted. Now heres a little something I want to tell you. "YOU WRECKED AND YOU ARE HERE TYPING ON THIS FRIGIN COMPUTER" WTF! Dont take it the wrong way I feel you brother but theres alot of our brothers who cant say the same. From what I see your a cool guy and very respected on here. Take it as a life lesson and appreciate that you can be by your granny side and her not crying over your grave. Things will straighten out but the only one who controls that is you! Keep your head up! Much love and prayers from my family to yours!

Bro keep your head up and remember that
the things we go thru in life make us who we are
and God promised never to put more on us than
we can bear. Things will get better and this time
will be a memory
beerchug.gif

Any day above ground is a good day.

That being said, if you live somewhere with a crappy economy, being young, single and beholden to no one you have every advantage to pick up stakes and get somewhere you can have a better life!

I'm fortunate, I live in Northwest Arkansas which is the fastest growing economy after Las Vegas! Home to Wal-Mart in Bentonville as well as a handful of other Fortune 500 companies. Check us out, I've got a spare room and know someone from every major company in the area after living here 30 years! If I don't know them, Don (USN05LE) does!
smile.gif

Get on the computer and get Googling!

Life is what you make it. No matter where you are.

But i also agree that the Shenandoah Valley sucks. Great place to visit and ride, but not much more.

Back