Gotta love it...

GJoker

Still got love for ya's...
Donating Member
Registered
Well.. let's just say I know people that know people and scored a copy of 300 on DVD right from the theaters~ So last night night Brenda and I take it over to some friend's home for ice cream and a movie~ Here we are, two couples, watching this testosterone rich flick and just as we're getting to the second battle my buddies wife notices the dog is staring at the ceiling right above us~ As we all look up, there sits the biggest freakin Fl wolf spider I've ever seen sizing us up!  
crazy.gif
 I haven't moved so quick in the last 20 years!!  
AAAssjani.gif

Here's my big ol' arse watching these awesome battles just a gruntin away and that freakin spider sent me running like a little girl into the other room! Actually.. all four of us about trampled over each other getting out of there~ This thing, I chit you not, was as big as my hand splayed open~ It's body at least as big as my thumb~ My buddy went into his laundry room and came out with a can of starch! He literally stiffened it up and flushed it down the toilet~ I watched the rest of the movie with the heebie-jeebies from hell! Oh yeah... lot's of Spartan in my blood!  
laugh.gif

BTW... the movie was very awesome!  
cool.gif

At first I thought "When is this 300 stuff going to end!" but that story was worth the curiosity... Let us know when your heart rate gets back to normal.

Good one!

Yeah, he screamed like a girl
SHOCKED.gif
 ... but then so did all of us!!
laugh.gif

That really was ONE HUGE spider!!
guns.gif

<-------- terrified of spiders!!!!!!!!!! and snakes!!!!!
guns.gif
them all!!!!!!!!

Ha! I found one of those monsters on the inside windshield of my wife's car at night - biggest spider I've ever seen in person. I tried to trap it by quickly placing a tupperware bowl over it against the winshield then killing it. I opened the door, got in the car and the thing was lightning fast and bolted as I came down with the conmtainer. Being night and not knowing where it went I jumped out right quick. Then came the search - flashlights, broom, RAID, gloves, etc.

Eventually it scurried to the outside of the door so I shut it as soon as possible not sure if it had jumped back in, to the ground, under the car, etc. After spraying the entire underside of the car in RAID and beating about the bottom with the broom I felt confident it had taken off. W/out confirmation my wife was freaking out driving it the next day wondering if it wa going to re-appear.

Them bastids are lightning quick... and will start jumping when aggitated too! No way could I get close enough to one and try to catch it in a tupper ware bowl~ Yeah... I've laid a bike down in a dirt driveway once, becuase one of my buddies thought my arachnaphobia was funny and dangled one of them  big arse banana spiders in my path! The bike was a Kawi, so it was no big deal
tounge.gif
, but I laid it right down got the hell outta the way right now~ I can't seem to share the same space with spiders... just not in me~  
crazy.gif

(LCB @ Apr. 14 2007,14:41) At first I thought "When is this 300 stuff going to end!"  but that story was worth the curiosity...  Let us know when your heart rate gets back to normal.

Good one!
I had one get on me once... you wanna talk about heart rate.. it took me a whole day to shake the heebie-jeebies off me that time~
all_coholic.gif

(darth frosty @ Apr. 14 2007,13:57) If you had a spear and shield with you, I'm sure you would have given that spider a battle for the ages.
With the shield... yeah, I might attempt it them~  
biggrin.gif
Especially if I could wield it like the mighty Spartans did... them boys was not to be messed with, as a whole, or man to man!  
muscle.gif

(ozzy04 @ Apr. 14 2007,17:42) <--------  terrified of spiders!!!!!!!!!!  and snakes!!!!!    
guns.gif
them all!!!!!!!!
I'll pass you the ammo...
laugh.gif

jump9.gif

My old man was about 6-3 and a marine, looked a lot like John Wayne, he hated spiders though. When I was a little kid a fairly large one ran in my closet.

My mother and I were rolling laughing when that thing came running out and ran across "The DUKES" foot and he began freaking out and jumping all over the place swinging the shoe maddly at it...
ices_rofl.gif

Thank God the dog wasn't into the movie! Hope he got an extra treat that night!

Oh and thanks for the good laugh.

That soundsl ike one BIG SPIDER!!! Wow, Never seen one like that in person except in captivity. If I had one in my house or car, that would bother me!!!!!!! BIG TIME!! I would be going to the local motel for the night.

That's funny stuff. I bet if you guys had your red capes on it would've been different  
SHOCKED.gif

Oh, I wouldn't use his bathroom either, that thing could grow into a monster down there, I've heard stories... you don't live near them do you?  
wow.gif

I know the spider your talking about . Makes you really wonder where he's been camping out in your home all this time . AND ....If he has relatives .

Back