AC-130 In Action In Afghanistan

dmrowe

Registered
I am going to try to cut and paste this email I received from one of my friends at the DOD.  Great footage of an AC130 in action in Afghanistan.  I hope this works because this is some awesome footage.  Pity the poor bastards on the ground, they are running but they can't hide.  
guns.gif

Click on the area where it says "click here" if you can't see the imbedded image.

Gunship in Action

This is a topic of current interest, as I speak, Fox news is discussing a strike in Somalia .  The C-130 gunship has evolved since I experienced their protection during several firefights.  The early ones were actually DC-3's that mounted "Vulcans", multi-barrel, electrically-driven machine guns.  When you were on the ground below them, it was real "Buck Rodgers"-like.  The tracers, with 7 barrels going, gave the appearance of lasers from the sky.  They usually worked in cooperation with a lightship which dropped flares from extreme altitudes.  Again, on the ground, the light was brighter that the sun and tended to highlight targets.

The attached clip is extraordinary to an old soldier.  The C-130 is armed with a gaggle of guns:  25mm gatlings, 40mm canons (the old anti-aircraft "pom-pom" projectile), and rapid fire 105mm cannons.  The fire direction is state-of-the-art, as you will see when you open the clip.  It is easy to see the "big booms, look carefully for the smaller caliber hits.

The white objects are the infrared images of terrorists, the controller gets a verbal from the weapons folks to acknowledge which bldg is the mosque and that it is not to be targeted.  They are " released" on the vehicle and other targets.  It is a different game than us older folks
knew.  "Shock and Awe", illustrated!

As with all of these clips, you can fill your screen with the image by double-clicking on the small screen-resolution sometimes is a problem.
Check out this wave file of the AC 130 in action!

http://factsofisrael.com/blog/archives/000560.html

beerchug.gif
I love those videos.

Anyone else seen the of 50 cal. sniper shots? I have no video but have seen them....they look like prairie dogs.

(dmrowe @ Jan. 16 2007,19:14) I am going to try to cut and paste this email I received from one of my friends at the DOD. Great footage of an AC130 in action in Afghanistan. I hope this works because this is some awesome footage. Pity the poor bastards on the ground, they are running but they can't hide.
guns.gif

Click on the area where it says "click here" if you can't see the imbedded image.

Gunship in Action

This is a topic of current interest, as I speak, Fox news is discussing a strike in Somalia . The C-130 gunship has evolved since I experienced their protection during several firefights. The early ones were actually DC-3's that mounted "Vulcans", multi-barrel, electrically-driven machine guns. When you were on the ground below them, it was real "Buck Rodgers"-like. The tracers, with 7 barrels going, gave the appearance of lasers from the sky. They usually worked in cooperation with a lightship which dropped flares from extreme altitudes. Again, on the ground, the light was brighter that the sun and tended to highlight targets.

The attached clip is extraordinary to an old soldier. The C-130 is armed with a gaggle of guns: 25mm gatlings, 40mm canons (the old anti-aircraft "pom-pom" projectile), and rapid fire 105mm cannons. The fire direction is state-of-the-art, as you will see when you open the clip. It is easy to see the "big booms, look carefully for the smaller caliber hits.

The white objects are the infrared images of terrorists, the controller gets a verbal from the weapons folks to acknowledge which bldg is the mosque and that it is not to be targeted. They are " released" on the vehicle and other targets. It is a different game than us older folks
knew. "Shock and Awe", illustrated!

As with all of these clips, you can fill your screen with the image by double-clicking on the small screen-resolution sometimes is a problem.
Check out this wave file of the AC 130 in action!

http://factsofisrael.com/blog/archives/000560.html
Wow, that is awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.

wow that is impressive.

How up are they? It seems like they are hovering from a helicopter

I watched these guys in person in Somalia in 93, Insane. They fly a tight circle above the target about 500-1000 feet and all hell breaks loose!

AC-130H Spectre, AC-130U Spooky, think they where call "Puff"
beerchug.gif

Puff the Magic dragon was used during the Viet Nam era.[/Quote]

Correct GSXTacy
beerchug.gif

Inside view of a "Puff - (The Magic Dragon)"AC-47 with 3 mini-guns

ac_47_3_mini_guns.jpg

Geese thanks for the woody in the morning. That we was some neat stuff..............
guns.gif

Oldie but goodie for me. This video circulated around govt. email a few years ago. Awsome display of firepower though. These guys can take out something the size of a football field in one pass and not blink an eye. Just think about what would happen if they circled like they did in this video!
wow.gif
You can run but you will only die tired!!

Back