Prayer/Thought Request

stkr00

Slower Traffic Keep Right ! ! &#
Donating Member
Registered
My father passed away this morning after battling cancer for over a year.

We found out last August that he had lung and bone cancer which had spread quite a bit, but due to his other health issues at the time, it hadn't been diagnosed earlier. Dad decided against undergoing chemotherapy since his health was already poor...I can't say that I blame him.

The doctors only gave him 6 months or less at the time (Aug '05), but he made it until now. He put up one helluva fight and lasted a lot longer than we had expected. I went home for Thanksgiving and got to spend some time with him, and he got to see his Great-Grandson at almost 1 year old. I almost waited until Christmas to go home, because I figured it would be closer to the time I'm leaving for Iraq, but now I'm glad I didn't wait.

My father taught me so much throughout my life. He taught me how to hunt, fish, camp, work on cars (He was an auto mechanic), and how to ride a motorcycle. He wanted to come up and go to a NESBA track day to see what it was like in person and not just the videos, but he health wouldn't allow him to make the 750 mile trip.

Please take a moment and say a prayer for my family, or if you're not into prayer, then keep us in your thoughts.

Thank You,

Jim

I'll miss ya Dad
sad.gif

So sorry my friend, prayers sent for you and your family
sad.gif

so sorry to hear your news but i'm glad you got the chance to see him one more time
beerchug.gif

until you see him again, you and your family will be in my prayers

Prayers sent to you and your family. I am glad you got to spend time with him before shipping out.

Sorry for your loss. Glad he had a chance to see his great grandson.

Thoughts and prayers for your family.

Jim,
Very sorry to hear this.... what can I do?

Jim, I'm so sorry to hear this.
sad.gif
He's in my thoughts as are you and the rest of your family. I'm so glad you spent time with him over Thanksgiving...

Think of all the good times you shared & keep him in your heart. You & yours are in my thoughts & prayers.

Hey man, keep your head up and find comfort in knowing that he is no longer suffering. My prayers are with you and your family.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Very glad you were able to maximize the time with him before he passed.

My heart is with you.

--Wag--

I am so sorry for your loss man.....prayers sent...

Back