Prayer Lists

Sir T Rex

Registered
.Org...

Here is just something that I have felt in my heart to do. I have noticed there are friends on here that are going thru some troubled times and what not...the loss of family, friends, and loved ones....

I am starting a prayer list...If you want to add a name to it, please feel free to do so. If you want to pray for these names, feel free to do that too....

I'll be more than happy to send some prayers your way....

What a great idea!
smile.gif

This provokes some interesting thoughts.

I believe everyone needs prayer regardless of their physical, spiritual, financial, emotional, educational, professional, and mental state. (forgive me if I left any important "al" off)

So add me, my family, my friends, and my foes to the list.

i will be the first to add 2 names to this list ............

1) my wife Patricia ..... she has a condition call sarcoidosis - it is an inflamation of white blood cells that can attack any part of her body at any time. it was found last thanksgiving day when she started gasping for air and i rushed her to the ER. she has a knot on the back of her tongue that is about the diameter of a half dollar, and about 1/2" thick. she has a hard time eating and breathing still. she dropped from +/- 130is to 89 in about 1 month. since initial diagnosis, the drs have found this in her eyes, lungs, skin, and nerves. this sarcoid can cause death if in her lungs gets worse, it can cause internal bleeding in the lungs and cause her to basically drown. it can also cause permanent blindness in the eyes. the only known medicine that the drs are saying has any type of chance controlling this condition is not FDA approved, therefore ins cos dont like to pay for it. she has been approved to receive the med, but with an $800 a pop copay. she will need to get 4 doses of the med in the first 4 weeks, the 1 dose every 6 weeks. we as a family can not afford that type of bill.

2) myself Brian - back in august, i was diagnosed with a herniated disc at L5/S1. I had 1 steroid shot about 6 weeks ago. last thursday, my back went out again. i am going to discuss with my back dr about going ahead and doing the operation instead of shots.

We are a good christian family and would appreciate all the prayers that are sent our way.

i will be checking this post regularly to get names of others that need to be kept in prayers.

i would like to request to a moderator that this topic be pinned.

edit: also just an FYI, my wife has been out of work since thanksgiving 2005, and her disability is only about 1/2 of what she would be making if she were still working

this is something we have going where i work, i am glad to see you bring this up.

badassbusa03 i am very sorry to hear this, and i will be praying for you and your family.

(badassbusa03 @ Nov. 28 2006,21:15) i will be the first to add 2 names to this list ............

1) my wife Patricia ..... she has a condition call sarcoidosis - it is an inflamation of white blood cells that can attack any part of her body at any time. it was found last thanksgiving day when she started gasping for air and i rushed her to the ER. she has a knot on the back of her tongue that is about the diameter of a half dollar, and about 1/2" thick. she has a hard time eating and breathing still. she dropped from +/- 130is to 89 in about 1 month. since initial diagnosis, the drs have found this in her eyes, lungs, skin, and nerves. this sarcoid can cause death if in her lungs gets worse, it can cause internal bleeding in the lungs and cause her to basically drown. it can also cause permanent blindness in the eyes. the only known medicine that the drs are saying has any type of chance controlling this condition is not FDA approved, therefore ins cos dont like to pay for it. she has been approved to receive the med, but with an $800 a pop copay. she will need to get 4 doses of the med in the first 4 weeks, the 1 dose every 6 weeks. we as a family can not afford that type of bill.

2) myself Brian - back in august, i was diagnosed with a herniated disc at L5/S1. I had 1 steroid shot about 6 weeks ago. last thursday, my back went out again. i am going to discuss with my back dr about going ahead and doing the operation instead of shots.

We are a good christian family and would appreciate all the prayers that are sent our way.

i will be checking this post regularly to get names of others that need to be kept in prayers.

i would like to request to a moderator that this topic be pinned.

edit: also just an FYI, my wife has been out of work since thanksgiving 2005, and her disability is only about 1/2 of what she would be making if she were still working
Just wow...
sad.gif
You're both in my thoughts...going through all of that initial diagnosis with your wife had to be frightening
sad.gif

Is there a name for what she has?

As for you - I too had a herniated disc; finally went under the knife in August of 2005 and I'm much better now...I hope you get relief very soon...

sad.gif

(badassbusa03 @ Nov. 28 2006,21:15) she has a condition call sarcoidosis - it is an inflamation of white blood cells that can attack any part of her body at any time.
Sarcoidosis ............

(badassbusa03 @ Dec. 01 2006,12:42)
(badassbusa03 @ Nov. 28 2006,21:15) she has a condition call sarcoidosis - it is an inflamation of white blood cells that can attack any part of her body at any time.
Sarcoidosis ............
Oops, I'm sorry I missed it...bad headache today; I'm slow...

Either way, you're both in my thoughts
sad.gif

Michelle,

no worries. i can relate to the bad headache.

Your thoughts and prayers are welcomed and appreciated.

Thank You

A few to add...

Firstly, my grandfather.
Second, my sister in-law. She's pregnant and has a history of complications.
third, Some close friends of mine are stuck in Salina (Celina?), OHIO... The clutch in their car went out, and they may be stuck there till thursday...

Ben

I will be keeping you family and friends, especially you grandfather in my prayers. I know what its like to lose a grandfather, for mine passed away last month.

Brothers , I need some prayers myself. Having some serious problems...But Praise God , it could be worse (maybe) .... PR .. Merry Christmas everyone..Remember even when you're down and out GOD is in control.. PR

Sir T Rex , I have been a member for a long time and I ride with CMA (Christian Motorcyclist association ) . Alot of people aren't aware of CMA but I wear my colors everywhere there are over 100,000 members world wide.
I belong to the DESTINY RIDERS OF TACOMA chapter#433 of
Tacoma, Washington

The basic purpose of a CMA Chapter is to support the National CMA effort of sharing and showing the love of Jesus Christ to motorcyclists, and supporting the overall ministry of CMA. In this, there is a three-fold purpose:

1. Provide and encourage members to be active in testimony and Christian
witnessing to all motorcyclists.

2. Provide a Christian fellowship ride group.

3. Provide an evangelistic association for motorcycling.

I've always prayed for anyone needing any help but never thought to make a prayer list on this site . God Bless you ! I will also be checking in and saying a prayer for anyone needing it.

By the way Sir T Rex, we need to meet someday ! Did you find a good bike?

a small update ...........

Trish has had a feeding tube since she was diagnosed with this sarcoidosis. she had dropped from around 135 lbs to about 85 lbs in just a matter of weeks. the doctors had put a feeding tube in her stomach to help assist her in gaining her weight back. she was having to take the nutritional drinks as her meals. the doctors had also put her on prevacid (a steroid) and she has gained her weight back, plus some.

well a few weeks ago, she was having alot of pain around her feeding tube, and the doctors told her that there was nothing wrong. finally one doctor did tell her that she had some infection around it, and that the ballon had slipped out of the tract where it was supposed to be and hold the tube in place, so they took it out.

we are still battling with the insurance company about them paying for the medication that she needs, but they still dont want to pay ...........

as for me, i am going to be having the operation on my back next thursday, Jan 11th. the surgery is called a microdiskectomy. it will be an outpatient surgery, and i will be out of work for 2 weeks +/-, returning to work on 4 hour days. the surgery will be performed through an incision about 1-1/2 to 2 inches long. the doctor will go in and trim the part of the disc that is herniated and pressing against my nerve. he said that there will be a night and day difference in the pain down my leg after surgery.

i request that you all still keep my wife and i in your prayers.

I need to add a family (two actually) to the list.

A good friend of mine lost his 21 year old son 2 days ago. He took his own life. This friend of mine is a local firefighter and would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. His son was in the middle of a nasty divorce and to top things off, he lost his job.

My cousin is also a local firefighter. He was the paramedic on duty when the call came in. He knew the boy well. Obviously he is taking this hard also.

I cannot even imagine the pain they are enduring right now.

Please keep them in your prayers folks.
Thanks.

Back