Hey am i watching the wrong channel??

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
I haven't seen anything on Nicky Winning
rock.gif
I think there should be a parade ! This is as big or bigger than the "Tour D France" in my mind !!  Not a word on the sports reports on TV that i saw. Fox, CNN, NBC, CBS, etc. Am i wrong and just missed it? I have sent E.Mail's to em sayin I'm NOT WATCHIN ANYMORE
rock.gif

firedevil.gif

rock.gif

The only racing that gets National exposure in this country is NASCAR !
mad.gif
wink.gif

(Warputer @ Oct. 30 2006,07:10) The only racing that gets National exposure in this country is NASCAR !  
mad.gif

wink.gif
And they cant even turn to the right!

(Gunnybusa @ Oct. 30 2006,09:18)
(Warputer @ Oct. 30 2006,07:10) The only racing that gets National exposure in this country is NASCAR !  
mad.gif

wink.gif
Yes they can...

(Warputer @ Oct. 30 2006,08:21)
(Gunnybusa @ Oct. 30 2006,11:21)
(Sloto200 @ Oct. 30 2006,08:19)
(Gunnybusa @ Oct. 30 2006,09:18)
mad.gif

wink.gif
Yes they can...
Two road courses right ?
yep .....and that's it I think .
Well i guess they have to be able to turn both ways to get them in and out of the trucks.

NASCAR on TV all the time... race winners in our face every weekend... MotoGP no news at all... its even tough to find the time of a race in the local paper.

Its the sign of what some people call entertainment.... lets watch a bunch of cars with bright colors run around in an oval for a few hours (except of course the two road courses they run during the season); this is mind numbing, no thought required, I can almost go to sleep and not miss any of the action (unless there is an accident or the occasional pass). For some this is all they want on a Sunday afternoon, sit back and not think about anything except watching brightly colored cars go around in circles.

Now take a bunch of bikes with riders and watch them go around a roadtrack every time... who is going to pass who and when... watch how close they are to each other (sometimes even touching) while leaned over with knee on the ground through a turn... watch as they excerate out of the corner and head into a 200mph straight to just lay on the brakes at the last minute and dive under another rider (once again noticing the stitching on the other riders leathers)... always asking who is going to pass who... who is not going to make the turn and go wide or even (dare I say) into the runoff... exciting.. causes one to think and actually stay awake to see the whole race and all the action that is going on. Keeps your attention and that may not be what most want on a Sunday afternoon.

I don't know much about NASCAR other than everytime I sit and try to watch it I get bored after the first 20 laps or so. With MotoGP every lap is exciting and the race outcome (this year especially) was up in the air until the last lap.

Of course this is just my opinion and well that is just my opinion.

Nicky did a great job this season and yes I agree there won't be any parades or talk shows... well, maybe we'll see him on one of the speed channels shows on bikes. You know the one or two that are on in between NASCAR updates...

Dont get me wrong I like NASCAR, helll I like to watch anything with a motor race.

NASCAR = Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks

I think it's popular because it is just not hard to understand or keep up with the winner...............I actually like watching the road courses the best!

Motorcycle racing in this Country is just NOT important enough in our Sports News. Even being a World Champion isn't enough, and as far as bicycling, it only got coverage over here when we won our SECOND Tour de France in a row  
SHOCKED.gif

I have decided that in the US, if it isn't NASCAR, FOOTBALL , BASEBALL, GOLF or BASKETBALL then it's just a second rate sport  
wink.gif
 . And here MOTORCYCLE racing doesn't even rate as a second rate sport
sad.gif
 . Even Two Wheel Tuesday on Speed has the races at Noon (so we can really watch'em) and crummy Harley shows at night. Two Wheel Tuesday with a total of about 3 or 4 hours (during the 24) that show any Bikes  
argue.gif

Back