Just Testing

DAB

Registered
LONDON (Reuters) - A British traffic officer caught driving at 159 mph but cleared by a court of speeding and dangerous driving faces a legal move at the High Court in London Wednesday to convict him.

The Attorney General will appeal against the acquittal of constable Mark Milton and seek a High Court order that the advanced police driver should be convicted over his high speed blast in the early hours of December 5, 2003.

Milton, a qualified advanced driver, was recorded by an onboard camera in his upgraded unmarked Vauxhall Vectra police car traveling at 91 mph in a 30 mph zone and hitting 159 mph on the M54 motorway. The legal limit in Britain is 70 mph.

Milton's defense, accepted by the local judge in May 2005, was that he had taken the car on a test run around Telford, Shropshire, where he was based.

The judge said the prosecution had failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he had driven dangerously and that the car was being "used for police purposes" when the incident occurred.

The ruling prompted outrage in the media and condemnation from motoring groups.

Wednesday, lawyers for the Attorney General will argue the district judge erred in law when he made his judgment.

rock.gif

Same way around here , I see the county coppers racing up and down the highway .......usually late at night . No lights , no siren , but I see 'em running around 80 to 90 in a 40 mph "all" the time .
mad.gif

Hey, just a cop having fun. Although I have no interest in being a police officer, I'd love to just have the title one night on the late shift just to drive the Camaro or Mustang interceptor at full speed for a long distance. I don't think anyone on this forum hasn't had a similar urge.

Hey, just a cop having fun. Although I have no interest in being a police officer, I'd love to just have the title one night on the late shift just to drive the Camaro or Mustang interceptor at full speed for a long distance. I don't think anyone on this forum hasn't had a similar urge.
Hell Yeah !!!!
idea.gif

The only thing that makes me mad is that if it was an individual riding that fast on a Busa they would be put under the jail. Because it was a police officer he gets a pass. That is ridiculous...

Same way around here , I see the county coppers racing up and down the highway .......usually late at night . No lights , no siren , but I see 'em running around 80 to 90 in a 40 mph "all" the time .  
mad.gif
Yea, but my question is: Do they get mad  
mad.gif
when you blow past them  
laugh.gif

mad.gif

Back