the hurricane will effect you too

da busa guy

Registered
remember all the oil platforms and drilling rigs in the Gulf, plus refineries on land. not a good thing.
sad.gif

Yeah, and remember that big oil companies never miss an opportunity to gouge consumers! Gotta boost those already record breaking profits
mad.gif

gas will be higher and we will have shortages in this area because we get all of our gasoline from the New Orleans refineries.
sad.gif

yep gas here in GA jumped $.14 a gal. in 8 hours today. I got gas this afternoon for $2.45 and tonight it was $2.59.
mad.gif

News just said to expect gas to jump up .40 cents......that's crazy. I got a Jeep on 35" tires....It barely gets driven anymore.
mad.gif

And the family and I are on vacation. We spent $110 in gas money getting to where we are and we do not leave until saturday when we go to spend a day in va beach and then head back to philly.

It'll be a lot more than gas...

more than 55 dead, expected to rise over 500. 75% of New Orleans is under water and other cities on the gulf are even worse off than that.

this expected to be the worst US national diaster....
sad.gif

$2.57 a gallon in Stafford today (regular). Analysts expect it to go up 15 cents a gallon by Friday.

P.

According to the news, Gulf oil production is now 94% shut down. 94%!! (speaking of, did anyone see where the one oil platform became unmoored and floated into a bridge in mainland MS? Crazy!)

The port of New Orleans is completely dead in the water too, and if you think that doesn't affect you no matter where you are, you're delusional. That alone is going to affect everyone, even if oil wasn't involved at all.

The entire city of New Orleans is now being evacuated... ALL of it. I seriously just can't manage to wrap my brain around it all.

Back