Browser Virus

MET

The Watcher
Registered
I think I have a virus again. This happened a while back, but now I can not gt into H.org at home. everything, and I mean eveything else opens up fine. i can open h.org at work and at othe places. Anyone know why. It seems to be signaling in on my own IP. Both IE and FireFox have the same problem.

that's funny...I'm having the same problem. I can log into suzukihayabusa.org but not this site unless I'm at work. I have run a few virus scans with diffetent programs but came up clean.

I'll have to download a few more.

Scott

...if its a worm or a virus, it generally does not block only one site!!

...if its a worm or a virus, it generally does not block only one site!!
Yes that is why I am thinking it is blocking IP specific. This happened months ago and I used every Viruscheck and repair. The only way around it at the time was changing m IP, then it went away. I want to learn what is doing it.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115694266 -->

NE are you using XP service pack 2
rock.gif
I had problems opening Hotmail.com and couple of other sites when I had SP2 installed.... I shutdown the XP fire wall and deceresed the browser security settings, and things got back to normal!!

I couldn't open the login page of ebay a few days back.. now its all fine!! all by itself.. man this internet is crazy!!

rock.gif
 I had problems opening Hotmail.com and couple of other sites when I had SP2 installed.... I shutdown the XP fire wall and deceresed the browser security settings, and things got back to normal!!
No I refuse to go to XP.  I am running 98 on  3 of my home computers.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115705976 -->

Could it possibly be a DNS migration problem? I've had to deal with those sometimes where I can access a site from one computer but nor from another (or more specifically, from one ISP and not another). Maybe the migration that happened with the org last week has caused problems on their end? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause a site-specific blockage.

Unless some fat kid in his parents' basement somewhere really has it out for busa owners.

rock.gif
Man, you just don't realize what you're missing! I'd never go back to anything else. 98, 2000, Me....all so unstable!

check for name resolution first dude.
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>...???...</span>
He means go to a command line/DOS shell and type

ping hayabusa.org

- press enter and you should get something like:

Pinging hayabusa.org [216.55.162.48] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 216.55.162.48: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=50
Reply from 216.55.162.48: bytes=32 time=53ms TTL=50
Reply from 216.55.162.48: bytes=32 time=108ms TTL=50
Reply from 216.55.162.48: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=50

Ping statistics for 216.55.162.48:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 50ms, Maximum = 108ms, Average = 65ms

- if you get an "unable to resolve" or "unknown host" message then your Internet Service Providers DNS server can't find the website (like not being able to find someone's telephone number in the phone book.)

during the move last weekend, only a couple ppl were able to access the domain for a reason.....

should be wide open to the world now!

Mike, email me the ip addresses from which you can NOT get on the site, and I'll check.

during the move last weekend, only a couple ppl were able to access the domain for a reason.....

should be wide open to the world now!

Mike, email me the ip addresses from which you can NOT get on the site, and I'll check.
Thanks i will send the IP as soon as I get home from work.

Could it possibly be a DNS migration problem?  I've had to deal with those sometimes where I can access a site from one computer but nor from another (or more specifically, from one ISP and not another).  Maybe the migration that happened with the org last week has caused problems on their end?  That's the only thing I can think of that would cause a site-specific blockage.

Unless some fat kid in his parents' basement somewhere really has it out for busa owners.
Hmmmmmmmm that sounds logical.

rock.gif
Man, you just don't realize what you're missing!  I'd never go back to anything else.  98, 2000, Me....all so unstable!
No I do know, that is why the other computs are on XP. Just have never had srious problems with the 3 on 98 so I have not changed. Yhea yhea I know.
wow.gif
biggrin.gif

check for name resolution first dude.
<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>...???...</span>
He means go to a command line/DOS shell and type

ping hayabusa.org

- press enter and you should get something like:

Pinging hayabusa.org [216.55.162.48] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 216.55.162.48: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=50
Reply from 216.55.162.48: bytes=32 time=53ms TTL=50
Reply from 216.55.162.48: bytes=32 time=108ms TTL=50
Reply from 216.55.162.48: bytes=32 time=50ms TTL=50

Ping statistics for 216.55.162.48:
   Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
   Minimum = 50ms, Maximum =  108ms, Average =  65ms

- if you get an "unable to resolve" or "unknown host" message then your Internet Service Providers DNS server can't find the website (like not being able to find someone's telephone number in the phone book.)
Ahhhhhhh Ok that can be done in start/run/ping in windows into DOS. Thanks I will try.

I tried eveything last night. This is a duplicate of a year ago. I can PING h.org but I can not get in to the forums. It has to be an IP issue or a virus of some kind. Although I check for virus trace several times. Cache i send over the IP address to you to take a look at in your h.org email account.

Could it possibly be a DNS migration problem? I've had to deal with those sometimes where I can access a site from one computer but nor from another (or more specifically, from one ISP and not another). Maybe the migration that happened with the org last week has caused problems on their end? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause a site-specific blockage.

yeah, DNS migates to Canada for the summer.

RSD probably shot half of them
laugh.gif
baaa.gif

Back