Pro Athletes Should Go To MSF

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
Kellen Winslow , Jr. has seriously jeapordized his contract. Why? Because he had an accident on his recently purchased GSXR 750, while LEARNING how to ride in a parking lot near his house. This dude is also still rehabbing a broken leg. The reports say he suffered internal injuries and a bruised shoulder. If I had a $40 million dollar contract that said "no motocycle riding" then I would not be a rider until I retired.

Don't get me wrong, I never took the MSF, however I took my time and learned to ride, only falling once or maybe twice !! I feel sorry for this kid, he just got a lot of money and probably wasn't thinking it could happen to him, but it did.

Here is what is left of his bike ....

3589762_36_3_1_.jpg

For y'all that don't follow sports, he is a tight end with the Cleveland Browns, and yes his contract is worth $40 million.

Same thing happened to Jayson Williams of the Chicago Bulls (former Duke Blue Devil). He continues to fight for his life and will probably never play basketball again. He too had a 'no motorcycle clause' in his contract.

Kellen Winslow is a dunce. He is a perfect example of a kid who has experienced the best in life, yet thinks he is immune to the flaws of humanity. I think he is a less talented version of Kobe. They have the same " I'm the best so you must all bow to me..." attitude. I'm sure his Dad's real proud of him now......NOT. I'm so sick of these prima donna type athletes that have everything and still want more. I would love to send Winslow a Honda safety sticker, you know the one that says "Stupid Hurts".

No means no!!!! All that money could vanish. All over a motorcycle. I have friend s that play Pro Basketball and Football, and they won't touch a Motorcycle. I guess they are just a little wiser.

Man he should have just bought a viper threw twin turbos on it and called it a freakin day. Thats some dumb shid if someone pays me 40 mil not to ride a bike my azz is not gonna ride a bike...dumbazz and yeah jason williams is a dumbazz too...has to be said your throwing all that fuggin money away. for a thrill. if you want a thrill go sleep with about 10 of the hundred groupies outside your door you know

Man, you guys are hard on these guys. Albeit MOST of what you all say is correct, you have to wonder what the REAL issue was behind riding. I'm not too sure of Jayson William's situation, but at least Winslow wasn't out perpetrating and riding somewhere where he could have gotten killed. I realize that "stupid is as stupid does," but at least he wasn't out there under pressure from friends or whatever. Although there were better ways to go about it... like an MSF course... he was simply trying to learn how to ride. As far as his contract issues go... well let's just say... "Stupid is as Stupid does..."
biggrin.gif

yeah learn how to ride guess he was to famous to start on a whimpy 600. he went with the 130 hp 750 which is just as bad as starting on a liter bike because the damn thing only weighs 6 lbs more than a 600. Got to call em how you see em.

40 million dollar contract and he is willing to throw it away for a ride on a motorcycle
sad.gif

Maybe he was doing a little more than learning to ride...The dude is big should have got a 250...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

His invincible and arrogant attitude doesn't fly too well on a motorcycle. I was so glad when the Redskins passed on him in the draft and went with Sean Taylor instead. What an idiot. Did college teach this guy anything?

yea, im a redskin fan too, but i was a little dissapointed when they passed on this kid. he was a real beast at miami. but it worked out great with Taylor, and the h-back they got in that draft (Cooley) looks like a real steal.
smile.gif

by the way, the last interview i saw concerning Winslow was one of the guys at the dealership he bought the bike at. he said the kellen was watching a stunt video they had playing at the shop for like 30 min. before he took the bike. makes you wonder if all he was doing was learning how to ride in that parking lot.
rock.gif

To speak of his learning to ride......well.......I was at the open house at a local bike dealer Sunday afternoon where Kellen made an appearance with some friends and was signing some autographs and all. The main attraction?................The StarBoyz.............. They were the reason I was there, just wanting too check out some cool stunting and stuff. So if you add to this fact that only hours later, Kellen is being transported away in an ambulance from a local university parking lot, well I'm no mathematician, but even I can add this up.

On a sader note, I'm a huge Browns fan and this is just another major set back in what could be another pathetic season.

Back