Boards practically useless...

Monty

Registered
Hey all,

I'm actually surprised that I can post this. For the last few nights I havn't been able to get the board to work at all. I've never seen anything this slow....can't even browse let alone post.

At first I thought it must be on my end so I jumped over to another site and ran some tests on my line....almost 4000K/sec download so I know it isn't me....

Anyone else having trouble???

rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
no problems here

rock.gif

rock.gif

Its been real sssslllllllloooooowwwwww.....at 2:38AM PST its working OK
laugh.gif

Had a little trouble last night, but seems to be ok today. Don't worry, I'm sure that cache will work it out.

Anytime there is a change in the Admin/site host etc. There will be a bit of a delay in getting everything up to speed. It is still slow for me today, but I know it will get better....

You cant expect everything to work a 100% a 100% of the time.

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114530449 -->

It's down to a crawl for me, now. It was just being slow posting replies. Now I have to hit refresh a couple times to load the forum. I'm only coming here long enough to follow a couple different threads until it gets better. Just don't have time or patience to wait anymore. I'm spoiled by DSL.
drooling3.gif

Try turning off Signatures and Avatars in your Account Options and see if that makes any difference. I think it's related to the number of connections your browser has to make to download all that sh*t. Sometimes just reloading the page (Refresh or hit the "Go" button) makes it come up faster.

There's a registry tweak (described by Microsoft) you can make to allow your Internet Explorer browser to make more connections to a site.

"WinInet limits connections to a single HTTP 1.0 server to four simultaneous connections. Connections to a single HTTP 1.1 server are limited to two simultaneous connections. The HTTP 1.1 specification (RFC2616) mandates the two-connection limit. The four-connection limit for HTTP 1.0 is a self-imposed restriction that coincides with the standard that is used by a number of popular Web browsers.

The only evidence of this limitation to your application is that calls such as HttpSendRequest and InternetOpenURL appear to take longer to complete because they wait for previous connections to be freed up before their requests are sent."

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/183110

I made the change and websites load Much Faster because it removes the bottleneck.

Standard disclaimers apply, you make the change at your own risk, if it breaks it's not my fault, don't do it unless you're having a problem etc. etc.

....Compared to yesterday night, its lot better for me now!!! So I think cache is at it real serious...
biggrin.gif

I've noticed slow points too, but ony during certain hours of the day. But I mean slooooooooooow.

slow as hell for me.

If the hosters want me hand over the hosting to moi, I'll make damn sure we have a fast site with no ads.

Back