turned down for house insurance...

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
the world has gone nutty. Turned down for house insurance because I have a dog. Three or four other companies didn't even ask. I guess it all depends on what they've had to pay out on in the past. That or maybe the owner just doesn't like dogs, or maybe his a$$ got bit once.

hav a well insured 1...RSD.

I have never heard of such a thing...

Damn Canadians...
tounge.gif
Wait, damn FuggaVille Canadians...

Seriously, tell 'em you DON'T have a dog...it's none of their business...

Had to search several insurance companies when I was in NC because a lot would not insure with a Rottweiler on the property. They class them with the big, ferocious dogs which is funny because mine were as playful as kittens. Don't get me wrong, they would protect if need be but only when instructed.

insurance sucks, You would think having a rot would be a plus, kinda like having an alarm system on your car, only with teeth and the mandible strength of a vise.

My neighbor's insurance company came out to the house to do a claim adjustment and noticed he a rotti, and dropped him the next day. It seems like insurance companies can do anything they want and they answer to no one.

When i was looking for insurance they asked if i had any ferocious dogs and i said no. Apparently i said it with a little grin because then they asked if i had any dogs at all. I told them i have a Boxer/German Shepeard and a very child friendly, clam, red nose pitt. They instantly stopped what they were doing on the computer and told me they couldnt give me a quote because i have that dog. Some people only hear of the bad things done with pitbulls. I could take a Golden Retriever out and teach it to be mean and fight, you can do that to about any dog. i hate people who make their dogs fight, its what gives the Pitbull breed a bad name. People told me that they wouldnt even come to my house becuase i have one. They have never even been around one, but because of what they hear on tv about them, they dont even wanna give the dog a chance. Ok, im done now, i just love my dogs and hate hearing people say i shouldnt have her with my daughter.
soapbox.gif

I hear ya Brian, an' the rest of you guys. People and their mis-information, an' fear for something they no nothing about.
My Rott is very calm, has a beautiful disposition. I didn't buy her to hurt anyone, or even intimidate. I love the breed, the way they look, etc. I wouldn't have a vicious dog. I dont see the value in a house pet thats vicious or unpredictable.
I guess the insurance companies have a problem...

Its not with bad dogs thou...

Its with bad people,as usual.

hav a good day all.... RSD.

Yeah, our insurance company wouldn't insure us if we had a Rottie, a pit bull, a shephard or a doberman. All Labeled as "Vicious".

Pretty funny considering our Akita whipped our shepherds butt! And Akita isn't on the list!!

They are just trying to keep their money from lawsuits over dogs..

We have a state run insurance plan now.. can't be dropped for any reason, not even hurricane season!!. (Except non-payment of course). Makes life simple.
cool.gif

I hate insurance companies, they do whatever they want, it's like "hooray for me and fu#k you". On the subject of dogs, I truly believe that is no such thing as a bad dog, just sh!tty owners. I have a Pit and two kids, I'm so tired of people who know nothing about dogs in general or Bully breeds in particular giving me advice on dogs. Yes my dog is animal aggresive, yes he will bite,and no he don't like strangers. He lets my kids pull his ears and lips, when he gets tired of it he just goes in the other room. He's a good dog he just wants to please me. He is a loyal companion and protects my family. Insurance companies and other people ignorant of dogs just hear the negative things about Pits, Rotts, Dobermans, Chows etc and believe it all.

little_puppy.JPG

I never heard of Petey attacking any of the Little Rascals, and he was a Pit.
I agree with Brian, it's not the dog it's the owner.
Punish the masses rather than just go after the few that are fighting dogs. They have actually passed an ordinance in some cities that make it illegal to own a dog of a vicious nature inside the city limits. ie Rottis, Pits, etc.
It's a bunch of BS.

They have actually passed an ordinance in some cities that make it illegal to own a dog of a vicious nature inside the city limits. ie Rottis, Pits, etc.
This is correct. It is now illegal to own Pittbulls in certain Canadian cities. Animal Rights activists are right now exporting Pitts from certain cities to other more tollerant municipalities.

My Rott is very calm, has a beautiful disposition. I didn't buy her to hurt anyone, or even intimidate. I love the breed, the way they look, etc. I wouldn't have a vicious dog. I dont see the value in a house pet thats vicious or unpredictable.
These are the exact reasons I bought my 2 Rotts. Killed me when I had to get rid of them because I got deployed.

That shiyat sucks RSD. I too have a Rott, two and a half named Nefertiti. She is a sweet as can be, but if you fux with me of the wifey, she will get with you. That is why I got her, for when I am traveling the wife will feel safe.

They are pushing some of that dangerous dog law shid here in Houston, but I live on the outskirts, so it would not affect me directly yet.

It is truly sad when us responsible owners and entusiasts have to pay for the rogue incidents and ####### owners.

It was hard for me to get insurance too. That is one of the first things they ask.

Hey Rub,

I hear ya'. I was turned down for home owners insurance as well. I have a Rottie and a Dobe. Irresponsible owners affect sh!t for all of us, hey?

Dogs are there to protect the house, probably just like an alarm system for a busa!! Its like sayin the insurance co. won't insure the busa just cos there's an alarm system on it!!!
mad.gif

I have heard of things like that, and the worst part is now people are winning lawsuits if they break into your home and the dog attacks them. I just do not get it, as one of the several police friends and co-workers say shoot to kill or you will get sued, to bad are world is like this now days.

That's pretty fugged up RSD. I agree with Michelle, it's none of their fuggin' business.
mad.gif
BASTARDS!!

So...what we've learned is what, boys and girls?

1)  Lie...lie your azz off when they say "do you have a vicious dog?"
**GASP**  "I have a feeble mother-in-law, why would I have a dog like that?!"  No, no...don't inquire as to WHAT is considered "vicious"
tounge.gif

2)  Lie if they show up at your home unexpectedly...
"Damn dog!" as you go wrestle with your shot gun in front of the guy (put down your beer first), then look over at 'em saying "I swear, if my neighbor doesn't learn to keep his damn dogs in his house..."  Go show him the back screen, all chewed apart, where the "neighbor's" dog "broke in"...

3)  Let's saaaay, you file a claim...they need you there so you can let 'em in.  MAKE AN APPT to have "vicious" dog groomed or go tie him up in the neighbor's yard...any evidence of "dog on premises" pointed out by the adjuster can lead to "uncontrollable crying" because "someone shot my Bubba...best dang huntin' dog I ever had!"

4)  Did I mention lying?  Is it really so wrong?  Do YOU care what kind of dog that insurance guy has?!  Noooooo...I see nothing wrong with it...

So, wait a week, call again...use steps 1-4 and VOILA!  You're insured...

Back