Something Disturbing.....

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
It's a long read, but please bear with me....

Flashback to November, 2003: I had recently bought my Busa...was so damned excited to get her. Me an her....taking this little bitty island by storm. The island is only 33 miles long by 26 miles wide. In two weeks, I put about 600 new miles on the odo....and she wasn't even my primary form of transportation. Bear in mind how long and how wide the island is. I was riding high....enjoying the peace and stillness of mind that until now had never been achieved through anything else. Riding was therapuetic....I never knew how good it felt to actually have "nothing on your mind". Bliss....purely.

December comes and goes....and I soon become dependent upon riding to relieve my everday stress. Riding was better than stopping by the Pub on the way home to crack down a cold one. Life was never better.

January comes with a dream...I'm facing the sun, the front wheel comes up...and it keeps on coming up....and I can't seem to control it. I end up crashing the Busa....I see her bouncing and flipping...parts flying as she tumbles mercilessly against the earth. A nightmare indeed....

February comes...and a riding companion passes away. Right before my eyes, I see him slowly leaving this earth...eyes glazed, fixated skyward. I feel for a pulse....there is one, but it is faint....subtle....and then no more. I see no visible injuries on his person...only a dark, thick liquid trickling down the hill where he was laying. I could only assume one thing: cranial fluid. I hear wailing in the background....disbelief in voices that belonged to the group I was riding with that day...and then one voice pierces the mayhem: his wife's. I hear her screaming "Is he going to be okay?!?!".....I tell her that he should be fine.

Two weeks later, the same dream occurs...me facing the sun...front wheel coming up...and I can't stop it. I see myself tumbling and sliding...and I see the Busa doing the same. I wake up and shake it off....although I am already somewhat unsettled by the occurrence of these dreams.

One more dream in March of 2004....and yet again, I dismiss it. "It's just a warning," I say to myself...I just need to be extra careful.

April comes....no re-occurring dreams. I am at peace once again...and riding. Not with reckless abandon, but with tempered awareness. April 27th comes...it is a beautiful day to ride. Sun high, no clouds...somewhat breezy, but when is it not on a tropical island in the middle of the ocean? I go to work in the cage...just so I can take a better look at the weather that the day offers. Lunchtime comes, I take the wife, eat, and then go home to pick up the bike. I leave work early to get in a ride with two good friends....at 5:30pm, disaster strikes.

The very same dream now comes back....but this time it's played out in the real world...instead of in my mind. I'm facing a beautiful sunset. A nice, strong cross-wind hits me...it's nothing new. lean and add throttle, and voila! Instant correction. Not today, however....as I would soon find out.

The front wheel comes up in the air....and continues to rise. I try to correct it, but remain frozen in my previous posture. My mind communicates to my body what it needs to do....but to no avail. I kick off the bike....and instantly feel my palms shred. My butt takes a beating too...I hear the once mighty roar of 1300CC's reduced to a painful silence....and realize while I'm rolling down the road that this is NO dream.

Fast forward to April 21st, 2005 at 4:22 in the morning. I awaken from a previously uneventful slumber....roused by a dream that disturbed me deeply.

I'm riding once again....the Busa is now rebuilt. I can vividly recall the feeling of being at peace mentally yet again! I look down at my shadow following me on the road....and the sun is at my back. I cannot believe that I am once again back in the saddle....the rebuild seemed only to have lasted two weeks. I feel exhiliration that I was able to complete a monumental task (at least to myself) in such a short period of time. I'm riding on new tires....so I know that there is the slippery preservative compound on them. I need to be careful...and careful I am. I get on the throttle easy....and then slowly start to weave on the road. Slowly leanin over a little bit further each time I weave, trying to scrub off that preservative compound.

Again....disaster strikes. As I lean the bike over to my left, I feel the back start to get unstable....before I can correct it, I feel the bike take an unhealthy dive to the side...and then see her sliding out from beneath me. I feel my face hit the ground....I roll and slide on my back until there is no more momentum. My face is burning, but I don't feel any missing skin. How ironic...I didn't feel there was any skin missing from my butt either.

I get up and stare in disbelief at the bike now laying on it's side....broken, bent and silent. It took me so long to get back up and in the saddle again...and yet in an instant, it is gone. It was at this particular moment that I awake....heart racing and breathing heavily.

Is this my new fate? Is this what I am destined for when I saddle up again? I pray to the Good Lord above that it is not...that it is only a passing dream.

Warily, I dismiss it. Yet somehow....doubt grows in my mind. I do not know the meaning of this particular dream....much like I did not know the meaning of the last one. Is it a precursor of events that will unfold? Or is it just that: a dream that is passing...

Perhaps this time around it will not be just my dream that passes...

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114074796 -->

Dont take much stock in dreams! now if youre wide awake and have a deja vous, thats different!

Damn, bro... Whatever you're eatin' before you go to bed... stop eatin' it. I have nightmares and wierd dreams like that if I eat certain things within a few hours of bedtime. Believe it or not, peanut butter makes me have the craziest dreams of all...

Anyway, seriously... I don't know what to tell you about that dream. It's kind of spooky, but I'm the type that just thinks it's a dream and nothing more... unless you let it become more in your head.
rock.gif

NJ...and my bro, BT...

I hear you guys...just a little bit afraid. The last time I had that dream, it happened. And it was just out of the blue.....I didn't think much about it...until, that is, it happened.

Now that there's another one, I'm like "Fuuugg ME!"

Read you loud an clear on the "lettin it become something in my head" part....mebbe I'll just cross my fingers, wear my gear and hope for the best.

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114080344 -->

did you have too much of pepproni in your pizza the previous night
rock.gif
tounge.gif

no, Shenoyp....no pepperoni last night.

Although that does seem to be a good idea for tonight's dinner...

O great shaven one, I your humble supplicant offer this for you to ponder: Self-fullfilling prophecy. Quit sleeping on your back(thats when my nightmares are worst) and ride your bike with caution, but not anxiety.

O great shaven one, I your humble supplicant offer this for you to ponder: Self-fullfilling prophecy. Quit sleeping on your back(thats when my nightmares are worst) and ride your bike with caution, but not anxiety.
laugh.gif
Nice, Mr. B....very nice....

Seriously, though...there is wisdom in this. But that's exactly what I mean: "Self-Fulfilling Prophecy".

It was in some way self-fulfilled, no? The dreams....the crash. I dunno...

But yes....very good advice, Mr. B....very good. You only need to now prove your shaving keeness to be elevated to "Shaver Elite"....

Pac...I'm a little afraid for you, honestly...to be plagued by dreams like this, whether or not anyone believes they'll come true, has got to wreak havoc on your mind and soul. It's going to affect your state of mind while riding, no matter how much you try to dismiss it...

I do think it's fear of what happened. I do think you'll get on that Busa and ride, and within minutes a bit of that fear will wash away. It make take a while and several trips out before those thoughts are distant memories, but remember what you've been through and just take your time when you start out again...

And, for goodness sakes, best I can tell from the dreams - you need to just keep the front wheel down...
tounge.gif

Baby steps Pac...first ride out, go somewhere "safe", get your "Busa legs" again...I think you have "new Busa jitters" combined with memories of bad things...I do think you'll be okay; you've got a ton of people here pulling for you...waiting to hear you post up about riding again...

You're going to be okay...just some mental road blocks in the way right now...nothing that can't be worked out...
blush.gif

sometiems the dreams can be part of the unconcious mind from time to time to keep yourself planted and as a caution kinda like a way to keep ya in check and not get too crazy out there ...... just a thought
rock.gif

Pac...I'm a little afraid for you, honestly...to be plagued by dreams like this, whether or not anyone believes they'll come true, has got to wreak havoc on your mind and soul.  It's going to affect your state of mind while riding, no matter how much you try to dismiss it...

I do think it's fear of what happened.  I do think you'll get on that Busa and ride, and within minutes a bit of that fear will wash away.  It make take a while and several trips out before those thoughts are distant memories, but remember what you've been through and just take your time when you start out again...

And, for goodness sakes, best I can tell from the dreams - you need to just keep the front wheel down...
tounge.gif

Baby steps Pac...first ride out, go somewhere "safe", get your "Busa legs" again...I think you have "new Busa jitters" combined with memories of bad things...I do think you'll be okay; you've got a ton of people here pulling for you...waiting to hear you post up about riding again...

You're going to be okay...just some mental road blocks in the way right now...nothing that can't be worked out...
blush.gif
aaah...my very own cheering section! Thank you, Va...thank you. I suppose it's only natural to be afraid...and you've brought up some very valid points.

People sometimes don't understand why I would even think about riding again...and I don't think they ever will. Regardless of dreams, yes, you hit the nail right on the head: I WILL ride again. And I will be sure to post about it...good or bad.

I guess it's just that I'm somewhat unsettled by this...I mean, it happened before, and now it looks like it's going to happen again. You are more than likely right about it being "New Busa jitters"....and it's sound advice to go somewhere safe first time out.

I hope you're right about it just being mental roadblocks....then again, like BT sez, it's all in the mind...unless I let it become more in my mind.

Sigh....I guess the only way to find out is to saddle up the 'ol gal and see where the road takes us. I'll be crossin my fingers...

Thanks again for the support, Va...I'll keep you and the other folks in mind when I saddle up again.

sometiems the dreams can be part of the unconcious mind from time to time to keep yourself planted and as a caution kinda like a way to keep ya in check and not get too crazy out there ......  just a thought
rock.gif
very true, Jace...very true.

But see....the thing about it is that both in those dreams and when I ride, I wasn't being reckless. It was just stuff we normally do. Now I dunno about the front wheel coming up part...the dream just starts with me on the bike and then it switches straight to my damned wheel coming up on me.

Aaaagh.....it feels like it's already happened....

laugh.gif
Nice, Mr. B....very nice....

Seriously, though...there is wisdom in this. But that's exactly what I mean: "Self-Fulfilling Prophecy".

It was in some way self-fulfilled, no? The dreams....the crash. I dunno...

But yes....very good advice, Mr. B....very good. You only need to now prove your shaving keeness to be elevated to "Shaver Elite"....
Thankyou for considering my offering of consolation to you O Great Shorn One. I remain your loyal razor-holder, ever ready to supply you with a fresh Mach!
Bro, the crash has occured, you will ride again, you will prolly come off again. Don't spend your time worrying over that which you can't control, do as Va suggests, baby steps first. Some people think dreams are pre-cursors to actual events, I don't subscribe to that theory. I think that the stress in your mind from not being able to ride, combined with your fear of crashing again are causing your sub-concious thoughts to bleed over in the form of dreams. Just be carefull when the time comes....

Much like everyone has stated...You just need to be careful while riding...I've gone to the edge a couple of times on my last ride and I've come to realize I've got to do better...I've been down before but I don't think I could take another fall and recover fully...

Slow and careful on the next ride. Take it at a gentle pace for a while until comfort is back in the game. Practice the fundamentals and you'll be okay, bro!

you know my mom visualize every possible event in her head and when something happens, she says she saw it happen.

Of course shid happens, you can't do anything about it.

Keep dreaming
wink.gif

Back