trade the busa for 05 gsxr1000????

nbusa

Registered
thinking about trading in the busa for 05 gsxr1000,maybe somebody should talk me out of it. considering because the 05 1000 is supposed to be the fastest and badest

Don't need to talk you out of it . If you ride a Busa you'll know which is the fastest and badest when you compare them . Now if you plan on track riding or a lot of squid riding you'll love the 1000. Have fun on which ever you decide on . welcome to the board.

fastest and badest? Really? I'm not seeing the phrase "GSXR1000 beater" used when comparing other bikes yet
biggrin.gif

but seriously, get what you want and like. if a busa is TOO touring for you, 1000 might be your ticket

I'd never trade my lenor for anything in the world.... !!!

...But I am buying the GSXR1000 K5 as a stable mate for Elnor, im sur its on exciting bike
biggrin.gif

But and the end of the day, A Busa is a Busa! ...If you want a K5, buy a K5 ... but dont suggest you trade in the King

Those new breed of litre class sportbikes are nipping at the heels of the Busa but they arn't there yet

I wish people would just accept the fact that the Busa is officially in the record books as the fastest production motorcycle ever, nothing can take that away now that they are regulated.

If that's what you want to do then do it. You don't need anyone here to change your mind.

The Busa Is Still The Fastest Production Bike.. but going by the reviews of the new gixxer it sounds like an awesome package.. but the Busa has got a charm of its own!!!

this would be a really tough decision
rock.gif

Busa is still king. And besides, there's no other bike that looks as sexy as her. I would, however, have the 1K as a stablemate, but not as a replacement, IMO.
smile.gif

I did a couple of 1/4 mile drags yesterday with a friend of mine with an 05 gixxer 1K and I beat him both times with my bone stock 04 Busa. His bike is stock too. When we launched we both came out together but as soon as I got 2nd gear I pulled a bike and a half on him then I watched the mirror to see if he would pull me back and he stayed right there both runs. Never pulled me nor did I pull out any further on him. Seems that I could get the throttle open on the Busa sooner without a wheelie than the Gixxer and thats where the advantage was. He weighs about 10-15 Lbs more than I do but I don't think it made a difference. I have a lot of drag experience but He is a competent rider too. He used to have a FZ1 that he raced regularly. We will try to switch riders next time and see it makes a difference too. Stock to Stock I think the Busa is superior just because it is easier to ride. When a bike is designed as well as the Busa to be the fastest it takes more than lightness and power to be faster, You have to be able to get the power to the ground and moving you forward instead of trying to flip over backwards!! Just my $.02 worth and if Drag racing is your thing.

Heh rider skillz determine the outcome these days. 90% Rider on which bike is fastest. I spanked my old busa on the 1000 this past weekend. Doesn't mean the 1000 is faster. It means I outrode the dood that bought my busa. Now if I could only find a skilled rider to race! I want to see how well the 1000 keeps up. I know it will be close. It doesn't bother me at all that the busa is faster in a straight line, I expect to loose, just want to know by how much.

After making the jump myself, I say go for it. Unless you ride long distances/commute a lot, or you like to take a passenger riding frequently.

-Bill

after seeing the specs of the gixxer k5 and seeing the power to weight ratio.. sounds to me like the gsxr 1000 2005 is a slimmed down Busa!!

but torque wise busa is still king!!

Back