Moving Minot ND

paineless4u

Donating Member
Registered
Well we had a choice between Clovis NM and Minot, gotta love the AF  
evil.gif

I was just wondering if anyone rides out there, I can't say I am too excited about this assignment but at least I will be in the Good'ol U.S.A.
We move in Oct so if anyone lives around and knows the area please let me know. Am I going to need to invest in snow chains for the Busa or what? Is there any drag strips there? Just how bad is the weather, I grew up near Chicago so I can deal with the winter but I just hope the summers are good. Might have to get a sled for the winter months. Any Dyno shops even remotely close? I looked up Suzuki Dealers and only found two........Anyway I still can't wait to be stateside so if anyone has any helpful info for me and the family I'd appreciate any negative/positive feedback about ND........Thanks

<!--EDIT|paineless4u
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113627211 -->

WHY NOT MINOT
biggrin.gif

Sorry couldn't resist.

Man that sucks bro. Coming from a choice assignment in Italy to Minot, ouch.

You need to do a swap and come down to MacDill.

<!--EDIT|Sgt Buell
Reason for Edit: "typo"|1113645272 -->

FREEZIN is the REASON.

Ouch bro, sorry to hear that. I am still living it up on the sunny shores... That means I am due for a crummy assignment also.
I bet you are gonna miss those nice twisties!

Good choice btw, i hear worse things about cannon.

I love New Mexico, but with the pic of that sled, I would suppose you'd hate it!
tounge.gif
I grew up in Wyoming and spent alot of time both the Dakotas with my family. Good luck with your billet, bro.

Hey there is a LT the sits right next to me that has orders to minot. Man i feel really bad for you go to weather.com and type in the average temps. Heres a sneak peack july and june are the hotest months averaing 85 degs
wink.gif
. winter time starts in august with 15 deg drops every month ending in jan when its about -5 degs. I would get a snow mobile then change the oil in the busa put the battery on a tender fill up the tank and put in some stabil...see what im gettin at

Its a one year hitch so I think I can rough it. Twisties and the weather is nice here but forget about getting anything done on a sunday. Including filling up the busa. Better enjoy the next six months here because after that busa will need snow chains for the Dah-Kotas. Of course if its 50 or above I will still ride in that. ahhaa

Yeah if the 20ft of snow the fell the night before has melted
wink.gif

50 or above... oh my are you in for an awakening. Spent 8 years in Minot, ND. Starting in October the temp drops to around 0F and stays there or less until around March/April..... June, July and August are in the 90's if not 100.... then it starts all over again. Drag strip... well H.83 between the Base and Minot can be sorta fun. Lets see twisties... the closest to that would be up around the Turtle Mnts, well that's what they are called.
If you like hunting and fishing, they are both great up there. If you love the cold, well you will be right at home. If I remember correctly, there were nights toward the end of December into Janaury that the temp dropped to -50F and the wind chill ran into the -60s.... couple of times they closed the flightline for temp.
On the good side if ever offered another job up there.... I would go.

Back